Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

11 minutes ago, alexf said:

Why can't Tino play the same role as Burn and let Trippier push on when he wants to? 
I'd much rather have Tino as last man back with his recovery pace then any of our other defenders. 

Does Tino have recovery pace? I've never seen him as particularly fast.

Just now, Kanji said:

Eales publicly inviting bids for our top players was more ridiculous than expecting Europe when we had no money to spend. And whether you want to debate one in and one out, that’s another story but he and our our board can fuck off if they attempt to try and push anything on Eddie after the injury luck we’ve been dealt with. 

He won't be under pressure and he won't be pushed out either. Don't pay any mind man.

Nothing wrong with setting goals and targets - it’s the consequences of not achieving them which should be thought through carefully.  I don’t think Howe should be getting the tin tack for not achieving European football, but it absolutely should be one of the things he’s aiming to achieve this season

I can’t imagine Howe not wanting to aim high - for himself, the players and the club

14 minutes ago, Shak said:

Maybe we'll try something revolutionary like have both full backs able to go forward when the situation warrants it?

Seem to recall Trippier getting plenty involved going forward against Man U and Chelsea when Tino was at LB. Set up the Gordon goal against Man U.

All for it

15 minutes ago, Shak said:

Maybe we'll try something revolutionary like have both full backs able to go forward when the situation warrants it?

Seem to recall Trippier getting plenty involved going forward against Man U and Chelsea when Tino was at LB. Set up the Gordon goal against Man U.

Isn't it as simple as if Tino bombs forward Trips stays in the 3 and vice versa? 

'Eddie Howe's drawing at home to bottom half teams mags' doesn't have a good ring to it.

Not sure if the board sees their own failings in this season. I hope so. He deserves another crack at this, but with some thinking and less spunking. 

1 hour ago, Ronaldo said:

Yeah, nowhere near wanting him out but he’s quite clearly out of his depth at finding a tactical solution to the dreadful midfield issues because the 3 of them are worse by the game. The Almiron and Burn situations I’m sick of talking about.

The midfield issues ? We literally have three fit midfielders,  Bruno ,Lewis and Longstaff , what do you think he should do different ? Looking at the bigger picture he should be playing Tino ahead of Burn, everyone inside the ground knows that but I don't see what else he could have done this season with the hand he has been dealt .

Edited by Geogaddi

Truthfully nobody knows the temperament of Saudi, Staveley and co. when facing setbacks.  Noise in the summer was that we needed European football next season as a minimum target.  

I strongly believe he’ll be under pressure if we don’t achieve it. I think several football people in the hierarchy will be under pressure if we don’t achieve it.  They could perhaps scapegoat Ashworth. 

Again nobody knows the temperament of leadership to setbacks so I don’t know how you can say with confidence that he will not be under pressure.   We’ll see. 

Just now, Geogaddi said:

The midfield issues ? We literally have three fit midfielders,  Bruno ,Lewis and Longstaff , what do you think he should do different ?

Not play that midfield 3 even if it means changing formation, for a start. It’s every game they’re getting completely overran. 

18 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

I think Howe would be under big pressure next season from the board if we don't finish this season strongly.

I think he'll not be judged on this season tbh, he'll be given a clean slate next time round. I'm not sure I agree with having one set way of playing, personally I think you have to adapt according to the players you have available, but when he's got a mostly fit squad, we do play some fantastic football.

Just now, OverThere said:

Isn't it as simple as if Tino bombs forward Trips stays in the 3 and vice versa? 

Aye, pretty much.

Though I think you also want to have the option for both of them to get forward at the same time. Our lack of true DM makes this a little bit trickier but it's still something that would add a lot to our attacking play and something we can't really do with Burn at LB.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Truthfully nobody knows the temperament of Saudi, Staveley and co. when facing setbacks.  Noise in the summer was that we needed European football next season as a minimum target.  

I strongly believe he’ll be under pressure if we don’t achieve it. I think several football people in the hierarchy will be under pressure if we don’t achieve it.  They could perhaps scapegoat Ashworth. 

Again nobody knows the temperament of leadership to setbacks so I don’t know how you can say with confidence that he will not be under pressure.   We’ll see. 

This is it like, there is just nothing to inform us of where the pressure point is for the board.  I’m far more anxious about them doing something drastic than I am about Howe doing a good job and turning it all around.  

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

Not play that midfield 3 even if it means changing formation, for a start. It’s every game they’re getting completely overran. 

Ok so of our 3 fit midfielders who would you drop and who for ?

Edited by Geogaddi

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think he'll not be judged on this season tbh, he'll be given a clean slate next time round. I'm not sure I agree with having one set way of playing, personally I think you have to adapt according to the players you have available, but when he's got a mostly fit squad, we do play some fantastic football.

I agree you have to adapt to the circumstances that arise.

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

Ok so of our 3 fit midfielders who would you drop and who for ?

It’s not my job to fix a midfield that clearly doesn’t work. I’d take out Miley and play Livramento. Back 3/5 with Schar more advanced than Burn and Sven. Far from ideal but it’s worth trying because we can’t keep losing the midfield battle and expect not to concede a tonne of goals.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Meaningless tbf.  John Hall made similar comments re Ossie Ardiles when he was literally in the process of sacking him and appointing Keegan.  No CEO, Chairman or board are going to come out and say ‘Eddie’s on thin ice’. 

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

It’s not my job to fix a midfield that clearly doesn’t work. I’d take out Miley and play Livramento. Back 3/5 with Schar more advanced than Burn and Sven. Far from ideal but it’s worth trying because we can’t keep losing the midfield battle and expect not to concede a tonne of goals.

Thankfully you aren't the Newcastle manager looking at that post .

Just now, Geogaddi said:

Some of our fans man[emoji38], no wonder we get called deluded , the way some  people are going on you deserve Ashley and Bruce . 

Ah this shite line, spun like a RAWK admin. Things are always going to be rough after a match where we either played shite or didn't pick up the W, but after several attempts at lesser teams at home, it gets a bit boring hearing it. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Meaningless tbf.  John Hall made similar comments re Ossie Ardiles when he was literally in the process of sacking him and appointing Keegan.  No CEO, Chairman or board are going to come out and say ‘Eddie’s on thin ice’. 

Ah, so now what they say is meaningless. Okay. We will see.

I think they are smart enough to know the calibre of manager they have and it will be proven over time.