Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Vaj said:

Might be knee jerk but for the first time I want him to stay and feel like he deserves another season with all the injuries we have had, but I wouldn’t be too disheartened if he was to go. Anyone else feel like this? 

I don't.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

These are his players. His style of play isn’t technical anyway. 

Half of them were already here. 

Almiron, Longstaff, Murphy etc.

others were necessary buys at first I.e burn. 

he has signed trippier, tonali, Bruno who can all play. 

his style of play isn’t technical because it can’t be right now due to personnel. 

1 minute ago, NWMag said:

Half of them were already here. 

Almiron, Longstaff, Murphy etc.

others were necessary buys at first I.e burn. 

he has signed trippier, tonali, Bruno who can all play. 

his style of play isn’t technical because it can’t be right now due to personnel. 

Longstaff and Almiron have had contract extensions since Howe arrived. 

If he prioritised technical he wouldn’t have bought Tonali or Barnes.  

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Is Tonali not technical? He’s certainly more comfortable/skilful with a football than the majority of our squad from what I’ve seen so far.

1 minute ago, NWMag said:

Is Tonali not technical? He’s certainly more comfortable/skilful with a football than the majority of our squad from what I’ve seen so far.

No he is more comfortable with the ball but he's more aggression than technical 

3 minutes ago, NWMag said:

More technical than what we have excluding Bruno. But his physical profile is greater. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

More technical than what we have excluding Bruno. But his physical profile is greater. 

Let's be fair there isn't a lot of technical ability in our squad.

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Think Tonali is a lot more technical than you give him credit for. And Barnes whole game is based around his finishing and technique, he's never been a grafter at all. 

4W 2D 8L is the last 14 games is absolutely shocking like, 14 points from 14 games, relegation form over what is more than a third of a season.

I've said it a few times, but the season has felt like a write off to me since throughout December when we lost 5 out of 6 in the league, out of Europe completely, and the League Cup in the space of 4 weeks.

I just can't ever see us stringing 3 or 4 results together, I'm expecting us to lose most away games, and when we do, I'm just like 'ah well, next season'. 

8 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Think Tonali is a lot more technical than you give him credit for. And Barnes whole game is based around his finishing and technique, he's never been a grafter at all. 

Aye but Barnes is quick.  Tonali is more technical than anyone except Bruno but his physicality marks him out imo. 

41 minutes ago, Vaj said:

Might be knee jerk but for the first time I want him to stay and feel like he deserves another season with all the injuries we have had, but I wouldn’t be too disheartened if he was to go. Anyone else feel like this? 

Of course not you madman. 

You definitely expect him to do better if you believe he is the one to lead us to winning trophies. 

There are tons of questions on the table but I hope a win against Man City would wipe them all away

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

You definitely expect him to do better if you believe he is the one to lead us to winning trophies. 

There are tons of questions on the table but I hope a win against Man City would wipe them all away

You must know it’s highly unlikely we’ll beat Man City. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You must know it’s highly unlikely we’ll beat Man City. 

That’s probably our last meaningful game this season so we have no choice but to give it all

16 minutes ago, Zero said:

That’s probably our last meaningful game this season so we have no choice but to give it all

Of course, but we’ll probably lose. And it doesn’t mean anything about the manager.  

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Of course, but we’ll probably lose. And it doesn’t mean anything about the manager.  

Pretty sure if we manage to beat Man City, a lot of questions / doubts raised above would disappear for a few months

Rough night for us, we didn’t look at the races tonight and played somewhat in to Chelsea’s hands. 

Impossible game coming up as well, fortune really has been against us this season nothing much has gone our way at all. 

10 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

I see the usual culprits who disappear from this thread when we win are around 

Same. Hope a win against Man City would shut their mouth

He's got enough credit in the bank to get at least the first dozen games next season, but if we're mid-table then I think he could be peddled.

Edited by Beth