Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

That's the season over.

Worrying Howe hasn't looked like fixing any of the problems we've had for months now.

Hopefully more backing in the Summer and Howe can find a way to fix the problems before the start of next season.

Just now, Aiston said:

That's the season over.

Worrying Howe hasn't looked like fixing any of the problems we've had for months now.

Hopefully more backing in the Summer and Howe can find a way to fix the problems before the start of next season.

It's hard to "fix" loads of long-term injuries.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Who are you not playing? Willock? Trippier?

Miley for Longstaff

Livra for Trippier (Been shite for ages)

Anderson can rotate with Willock as they both get fit (I concede)

Hall for Burn.

Disagree?

1 minute ago, madras said:

It's hard to "fix" loads of long-term injuries.

We've not been able to defend for months, opposition know they can just run at us with the massive gaps we have had for months and cause problems.

There are absolutely tactical issues that haven't been fixed for months. (Especially all season for away games)

Edited by Aiston

6 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

He took us pretty close last season 

Close is worse than nowhere. Dashed hope hurts infinitely more than none to begin with.

Anyone who was there for 95/96 will understand that pain

Just now, Aiston said:

That's the season over.

Seems like it's over to me too. Hope the season doesn't limp on and we can take 7th. Despite several highlights, overall this season has been a disappointment for many reasons.

7 minutes ago, worthy said:

even a broken clock is right twice a day

Not if its broken because the hands are snapped off.

i think I’ve made my point.

2 minutes ago, dcmk said:

We lost to literally the best team in the world.  Let's give the Howe bashing a break for a bit

Nowt to bash him over today. Some poor performances by his favs is about it. Subs made a massive difference. Up to him to make that count.

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

We've not been able to defend for months, opposition know they can just run at us with the massive gaps we have had for months and cause problems.

There are absolutely tactical issues that haven't been fixed for months.

Just what I was trying to say, but apparently I'm talking bollix cos some don't want t to hear it

He should be safe.

He deserves another season given this years bad luck.

...however, I'm not 100% confident PiF won't replace him. Provided the next couple of months aren't horrific and he has a good mix of wins/draws with the inevitable losses he should be fine.

Likely make or break next year though.

5 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Fingers crossed the international break will give us a chance to reset but I’m not holding out much hope.

I think this was said before the last international break as well :lol:

Just now, Dokko said:

Nowt to bash him over today. Some poor performances by his favs is about it. Subs made a massive difference. Up to him to make that count.

Basically, think the set-up was pretty solid. Other then that one Haaland one on one, I can't really remember them having a "clear cut" chance. Even their two goal, Dubravka saves them if not for unlucky deflections.

Feel bad for Eddie, players  just aren't good enough to get us where we want to be , massively overachieved last season yet now he's getting a load of shit for a team full of Ashley and Bruce years , nothing he can do .

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Who do you want in instead ? 

Read an article somewhere today that because Mancini is well in with the owners, is the manager of Saudi and has had success at Italy then they fancy him apparently.

Mind you I don’t know where they got this “information” from.

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

There are absolutely tactical issues that haven't been fixed for months. (Especially all season for away games)

Why couldn't teams do it last season ? What's the difference apart from loads of injuries and putting out weakened teams for months ?

I’ve been really critical of Howe this season, but watching the performance and result tonight, any heavy criticism feels unjustified.

Energy levels were much higher and simply lacking that final bit of composure and /or quality in the final sequence of attack.

I would also concede that City didn’t really get out of first gear second half.

1 minute ago, sempuki said:

Seems like it's over to me too. Hope the season doesn't limp on and we can take 7th. Despite several highlights, overall this season has been a disappointment for many reasons.

If he can’t lift them for 10 games to get a European spot then I think questions do need to be asked unfortunately.

i think a lot here are underestimating the risk of players leaving if we don’t get Europe. Not through them requesting transfers necessarily but we in a weak place when others come knocking