Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

ShootShoot, Zero & Holmsey after one of the games of the season Three Stooges Vintage GIFy

Which means you guys also got no clues why Howe didn’t address the problems. No point continue the discussion then.

3 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Entitled?! I’m 45 years old, I’ve supported this club since I was in single digits. I’ve seen us mis-managed from pillar-to-post for decades. Awful

managerial appointment after awful managerial appointment. Favoured players sold on and not replaced etc.

And now, finally we have owners who want to turn us into a world class sporting institution on and off the pitch. So I might genuinely have a chance to see us win something before I pop my clogs!

Maybe my mentality and expectations have changed. But our owners have installed Eddie Howe as our manager, to help fulfil their ambitions, which are now our ambitions. And I see naivety and weakness in Eddie Howe that others don’t seem to want to admit. I’m ok with that, but it doesn’t make them untrue.

You telling other fans and forum users to fuck off because they don’t share your opinions is why this board is toxic.

and helping make a win miserable for everyone else after beating your point into a ground isn't toxic? And that's coming from me, who has been guilty of that a number of times in the past. A little metacognition from you would be nice.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

13 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Papering over the cracks innit.

We've had the same issues all season and nowt has been done to fix it.

And that is a big worry imo.

this is it. Yesterday ended up being a great day but performances are how you should judge football - not just results - and yesterday's performance was flat-out bad for the overwhelming majority of it, and we showed the same glaring weaknesses as we have done in practically every game since November.

Like, we clearly need to do something about how we defend transitions but we're just doing the same clownshoes stuff every game.

5 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Entitled?! I’m 45 years old, I’ve supported this club since I was in single digits. I’ve seen us mis-managed from pillar-to-post for decades. Awful

managerial appointment after awful managerial appointment. Favoured players sold on and not replaced etc.

And now, finally we have owners who want to turn us into a world class sporting institution on and off the pitch. So I might genuinely have a chance to see us win something before I pop my clogs!

Maybe my mentality and expectations have changed. But our owners have installed Eddie Howe as our manager, to help fulfil their ambitions, which are now our ambitions. And I see naivety and weakness in Eddie Howe that others don’t seem to want to admit. I’m ok with that, but it doesn’t make them untrue.

You telling other fans and forum users to fuck off because they don’t share your opinions is why this board is toxic.

This . Its ok to criticise the performance whilst enjoying the result . 

1 minute ago, ShootShoot said:

Some of the ' happy ' posters

Make Mine Music Disney GIFSome of the happy posters

Absolutely clapped my hands off. Massive 4-3 win, game had everything. Loved it. 

Barf, barf 😉

Can remember under Ashley when we would avoid relegation on the last day and people would be outside the ground afterwards singing and cheering like we'd won the league . It wasnt the reality then and neither is yesterdays performance

Sir Eddie doesn’t believe in playing possession football for possession’s sake. I think that’s where he has to adapt going forward. Well coached possession football reduces the amount of high intensity reactive running a team has to do. It means matches are played at our intensity and not the opposition’s intensity. If games are played at your intensity, and you train for that intensity, you’re less likely to suffer injuries. 

it’s like in rugby where teams play France trying to keep the ball on the park to tire their massive forwards. Their forwards don’t train for high ball in time play, so they get tired and need replacing or risk getting injured. 

We need to control games so they’re played on our terms. Then we can conserve energy against minnows rather than go toe-to-toe to the death with Luton and the likes!

I’m really confused by what we wall seemed to have watched yesterday. I thought we played really well for a lot of the game (and the stats show that clearly). We deserved the win and the only real threat was the transition, but let’s be honest if the team is not on it, then a player like Kudus is so hard to stop and will cause big problems. 

Point taken that we keep conceding the same type of goal and Eddie needs to think about that, but that’s the way we play, squeeze the space and have a keeper that sweeps. We’ve just dropped our intensity for obvious reasons and it’s led to the opposition having more time on the ball to hurt us. Eddie gets next season for me without a shadow of a doubt and then I’ll go for him if the same problems aren’t being addressed in a new season 

1 minute ago, greydos said:

Sir Eddie doesn’t believe in playing possession football for possession’s sake. I think that’s where he has to adapt going forward. Well coached possession football reduces the amount of high intensity reactive running a team has to do. It means matches are played at our intensity and not the opposition’s intensity. If games are played at your intensity, and you train for that intensity, you’re less likely to suffer injuries. 

it’s like in rugby where teams play France trying to keep the ball on the park to tire their massive forwards. Their forwards don’t train for high ball in time play, so they get tired and need replacing or risk getting injured. 

We need to control games so they’re played on our terms. Then we can conserve energy against minnows rather than go toe-to-toe to the death with Luton and the likes!

Yep make the opposition run around like lunatics not us

7 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

and helping make a win miserable for everyone else after beating your point into a ground isn't toxic? And that's coming from me, who has been guilty of that a number of times in the past. A little metacognition from you would be nice.

Everyone?! 6 people on a football forum who could easily just ignore it 😂.

You don’t have to read every post buddy, it doesn’t work like that

23 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Papering over the cracks innit.

We've had the same issues all season and nowt has been done to fix it.

And that is a big worry imo.

Find that a very inaccurate summary, especially seeing as the cracks are extremely visible. 

We spent years watching the likes of Pardew and Bruce paper over cracks with occasional wins or rare stretches of form - snatching undeserved results to mask fundamental flaws and keep them in post, despite it being clear as day that the team was going nowhere. 

This isn't what's happening here by a long stretch. The team is flawed but there's dossiers of evidence to prove that it's a very good one when there's a bit less adversity. Yet still we're picking up wins to keep us in the Euros chase.

6 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I’m really confused by what we wall seemed to have watched yesterday. I thought we played really well for a lot of the game (and the stats show that clearly). We deserved the win and the only real threat was the transition, but let’s be honest if the team is not on it, then a player like Kudus is so hard to stop and will cause big problems. 

Point taken that we keep conceding the same type of goal and Eddie needs to think about that, but that’s the way we play, squeeze the space and have a keeper that sweeps. We’ve just dropped our intensity for obvious reasons and it’s led to the opposition having more time on the ball to hurt us. Eddie gets next season for me without a shadow of a doubt and then I’ll go for him if the same problems aren’t being addressed in a new season 

Raising questions and concerns doesn’t mean calling the sack now. However, I do think most of the people would agree if things keep on like this next season, we will have a new manager as soon as January.

Let me just clarify, I don’t want Eddie sacked. I want him to stay AND I want him to address the awful defensive scenarios and worrying team selections. If he learns from his mistakes and we come back stronger, I hope he stays for years. 
If he doesn’t, and we continue shipping loads of goals and missing out on points we should’ve had, THEN I think he will have proven he’s not the top class, ruthless winner we need to fulfil our ambitions.

1 minute ago, Zero said:

Raising questions and concerns doesn’t mean calling the sack now. However, I do think most of the people would agree if things keep on like this next season, we will have a new manager as soon as January.

If things keep on like this we'll be forfeiting games due to not getting a squad out 

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Find that a very inaccurate summary, especially seeing as the cracks are extremely visible. 

We spent years watching the likes of Pardew and Bruce paper over cracks with occasional wins or rare stretches of form - snatching undeserved results to mask fundamental flaws and keep them in post, despite it being clear as day that the team was going nowhere. 

This isn't what's happening here by a long stretch. The team is flawed but there's dossiers of evidence to prove that it's a very good one when there's a bit less adversity. Yet still we're picking up wins to keep us in the Euros chase.

This team hasn't looked like it's going anywhere this season, especially in the last 6 months. We're rarely looked like a collective unit.

The lack of defensive structure this season compared to last season is a massive worry, and it will cost Howe his job if it doesn't improve.

20 minutes ago, Smal said:

this is it. Yesterday ended up being a great day but performances are how you should judge football - not just results - and yesterday's performance was flat-out bad for the overwhelming majority of it, and we showed the same glaring weaknesses as we have done in practically every game since November.

Like, we clearly need to do something about how we defend transitions but we're just doing the same clownshoes stuff every game.

It’s not accurate to say it was flat-out bad for overwhelming majority. We attacked really well for a lot of the game - we missed 3/4 sitters as well as the 4 we scored, and hit the bar, and fabianski made a great save from Barnes. We defended poorly, which is surely at least in part due to the fact that the defence is currently heavily injured and players having to play out of position and multiple positions per match. 

Certainly things to work on in defence, but - like everything this season - obvious caveats which you need to go out of your way not to see to continue this line of enquiry. 

10 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Let me just clarify, I don’t want Eddie sacked. I want him to stay AND I want him to address the awful defensive scenarios and worrying team selections. If he learns from his mistakes and we come back stronger, I hope he stays for years. 
If he doesn’t, and we continue shipping loads of goals and missing out on points we should’ve had, THEN I think he will have proven he’s not the top class, ruthless winner we need to fulfil our ambitions.

What selections would you have made differently and how would they have produced a preferable outcome?

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

This team hasn't looked like it's going anywhere this season, especially in the last 6 months. We're rarely looked like a collective unit.

The lack of defensive structure this season compared to last season is a massive worry, and it will cost Howe his job if it doesn't improve.

Disagree with this. Some of the stuff we played between Milan away and Chelsea home is the most balanced football I've ever seen from us and, imo, looked a step up on last year. 

5 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

The delusions of grandeur man. My goodness.