Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Again, you wrongly read in to what I wrote. That’s not my fault 

what I meant was he’s concerned boundaries potentially may get overstepped and that’s why he wants those boundaries established. At no point did I say bounderies had already been over stepped. Mitchell has only been in the job a week ffs

the key word in my original post is potentially. Thought it was pretty clear myself 

You said "the other issue is lines seem to be blurred within the club". Again, no mention of that from Howe at all. 

I dunno man, it just frustrates the hell out of me when people (not you specifically) take the most negative spin out of a perfectly fine (and tbh pretty reassuring) interview.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

You said "the other issue is lines seem to be blurred within the club". Again, no mention of that from Howe at all. 

I dunno man, it just frustrates the hell out of me when people (not you specifically) take the most negative spin out of a perfectly fine (and tbh pretty reassuring) interview.

I’m not negative. I think it’s pretty clear he just wants things nailed down so there won’t be future stepping on toes which is what’s appeared to happen with Ashworth. Once bitten twice shy and all that. Really think that’s all it is.

you are correct however people like to see the negative side. The comparison with Rafa is ridiculous 

Edited by gdm

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

He says he wants to establish boundaries that’s just another way of saying wants power lines defined. 

Absolutely nowt in the quotes to say "lines are blurred". He has a new management team around him. They've barely worked together a few days, boundaries will naturally develop in time. 

11 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Tory Scabbers is the reason you should have to apply for a licence to make a podcast. Miserable boring wanker

You can tell when he’s lying. 

He clearly wants things to be done in a particular way. We know this already - there were multiple reports that he wasn't going to commit to joining us in the first place unless he was allowed to bring key backroom staff with him.

He knows ultimately it'll be his head on the chopping block if things go badly and he won't want to have transfers pushed on him or a "Performance Director" telling him who can play and when. However there's nothing in any of the interviews I've seen that suggests that is what is being proposed.

no major firesale this summer 

no leaks about transfers or other incomings/outgoings

no signs of any unrest within the squad 

the way this story about Howe's comments is being portrayed just reeks of some media and fans being pretty desperate to have something to talk about and stir the pot 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Absolutely nowt in the quotes to say "lines are blurred". He has a new management team around him. They've barely worked together a few days, boundaries will naturally develop in time. 

Exactly. From 4.30 here he even says the early signs are promising and Mitchell is a great appointment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0jcgjjr

I watched Howe’s interview with Kieth Downie, thought it was very positive and that it should bring an end to the England talk, looked on twitter and clearly not! A lot of what’s been said has been twisted somewhat I feel.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Did I say it was with Mitchell? Think it’s well accepted that Ashworth and him had friction and as I’ve said he’s not wanting it to happen again so he’s getting ahead of it. We essentially agree dunno why you are arguing tbh 

it’s a pre-emptive warning rather than something that’s happened think Ashworth clearly pissed him off 

Edited by gdm

10 minutes ago, gdm said:

He says he wants to establish boundaries that’s just another way of saying wants power lines defined. 

That wasn't in the 10min total sport interview then.

People seem to have confused Howe saying "I'm committed here as long as I have certain things I feel I need" as meaning that he suddenly doesn't have those things anymore with Staveley leaving / Mitchell joining.

I thought he sounded incredibly positive, focused and committed to the job at hand and pretty shocked at the way it's been interpreted by some. 

Without reading comments in here:

It was a clear power play from Eddie. Just like when a player has another club interested, they get a new contract. Eddie is using this moment to stamp his authority.

I suspect in the next interview, we will get a much more clear message from him, love the club, happy etc.

Today was deliberate.

Having watched three interviews now, this is my opinion.

He’s fully committed to the club. He’s not said he’s unhappy, he’s not said he’s leaving. He’s said the opposite. He literally said “England is not important”. For me that means, get things right here and England is irrelevant. 

He’s a little unsure of how the new structures are going to work and wants to see where power dynamics are going to settle.

There are a lot of moving parts atm and he needs to be sure of roles and boundaries in this new setup. Basically he doesn’t know how things are gonna’ play out because he hasn’t had the chance to get to know PM and JB yet.

For me it’s up to the club, Mitchell, Bunce etc to give him these assurances. Mitchell and Eales have both talked about giving Eddie the best possible platform to succeed on the pitch and they want him to concentrate on what he does best, which is coaching. I don’t know if this means that he’ll have less say in transfers. I wouldn’t think so. It’ll be totally collaborative. Howe should always have the last say imo. 

I don’t think Eddie is so obsessive that he’ll allow no interference whatsoever. He said, and always says he wants what’s best for the club. He’s not going to spit his dummy out. He’s a solution focused individual who will work with what he’s given, he’s shown that. It’d have to go very sour and his role to be completely diminished for him to leave.

I am positive but I can’t deny my feelings that the interviews have left me a bit unsure of the future. We’re going to have to be patient. Wait to see how the window plays out, the first month of the season. I think he’ll stay. If he gets offered the job I think the club will push the boat out for him and show him the love.