Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Same tbh, not too many managers out there atm. 

I'd have said Nagelsmann if he hadn't signed that contract extension at Germany.

Couldn’t see the NUFC fans warming to Nagelsmann. Has the feel of a satellite manager similar to Gullit. I also wouldn’t put him in the world class bracket (as the OP claimed we’d find not you). Same goes for Poch. His last few press conferences were a combination of quite a weak grasp of English still and ramblings under pressure about Coldplay and their song Fix You as he slowly lost the plot… and I love Coldplay!

I worry how seriously some of you underestimate how good EH is along with being a great “fit” for NUFC. Let him build his dynasty.

Edited by LFEE

From Howe's perspective, he's got an entirely new management structure in place than when he started - and virtually all new just in the last few weeks. Amanda and Mehrdad are out, and while he's probably got a good relationship with Eales, he hasn't been reporting to him until very recently. And then add the new Sporting Director into the mix and you can see why he's a little bit unsettled at the moment.

But let's remember that Howe is typically very thoughtful with his words. I don't think he was threatening anything or expressing any actual anger or disappointment; rather, I think he was making the important point that, while he's very happy now, were things to change in regards to what he is allowed to do, that could change. And since he doesn't quite know how the new structure will shake out, he's just going to wait and see. Makes perfect sense to me. 

Nothing more in it than that. If there was, the club website wouldn't run the interview where he said all of those things. We're all accustomed to worst case scenarios, but I just don't see much in this to fret over. 

11 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Haven’t seen or read the interview as an on holiday can anyone sum up ?

Howe hates and can't work with the new management team and is just waiting for the right job to leave us for. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Howe hates the new management team and is just waiting for the right job to leave us for. 

He said it was very much a chilled out getting to know you can kind of vibe for the new management team.