Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

and Mbappe's don't forget. :lol:

Jamaal loves it when the brief is that he has to step up. 

:lol: fucking fair. Bodychecked Dembele out of a one-on-one, too. What a bloody night that was. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: fucking fair. Bodychecked Dembele out of a one-on-one, too. What a bloody night that was. 

Lascelles is a club icon in my eyes like, from the post match interview in the relegation season, to captaining the club back to promotion, to survival and keeping the team together when the manager wouldn't understand Bruce, the shithouseing yellow cards when warming up in the Champions League campaign, to having Haaland and Mbappe in his pocket.

It'd actually say he's in the top 5 most influential players for us in the last 20 year, I was tempted to say this century but that's probably too far :lol:

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

The stuff of dreams.

TBF I love the above Lascelles crack. He is a different type of captain to Trippier and Bruno.

Trippier is perhaps most complete and can lead by example, experience and explanation through his good comms. Bruno has the example piece through his ability but not the rest yet. Lascelles is all out attitude though and I love that. He knows he isn't mint, but he is a fighter. He helped change the spirit of this club and is so often forgotten.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Lascelles is a club icon in my eyes like, from the post match interview in the relegation season, to captaining the club back to promotion, to survival and keeping the team together when the manager wouldn't understand Bruce, the shithouseing yellow cards when warming up in the Champions League campaign, to having Haaland and Mbappe in his pocket.

It'd actually say he's in the top 5 most influential players for us in the last 20 year, I was tempted to say this century but that's probably too far :lol:

Since 2000, he's got to be up there for influence like given his longevity.

Win at Everton and it's officially a good start to the season for me. We're currently +1 point on our like for like fixtures from last season, fyi.

Really pleased we've managed to keep the show on the road considering all the goings on we've had.

15 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

As my BiL recently said 'best night of my life' and before I could add 'apart from the birth of your children' he said 'including the birth of my children' :lol:

I only went to one match last season and it was that one, genuinely couldn't have picked a better match in my lifetime (5-0 aside) to choose. 

8 minutes ago, 80 said:

Win at Everton and it's officially a good start to the season for me. We're currently +1 point on our like for like fixtures from last season, fyi.

Really pleased we've managed to keep the show on the road considering all the goings on we've had.

Exactly. I think I'd have liked a draw at Fulham but having beaten Wolves I'd say we're probably a point ahead of where I'd expect. It was better to beat Wolves and lose at Fulham than to get a point from both. I wouldn't have been to disheartened losing to Man City today albeit I did hope for at least a point given our fortitude at home.

All this talk of us not clicking yet etc. We've lost one in 6 and played two of the top 6 of last season...Fulham have began the season well. Wolves (a) we usually struggle at and we had 10men for 60mins of our first game of the season.

The performances may have been shite, but we're picking up points and once again Eddie Howe proved why he is class today.

30 minutes ago, 54 said:

:thup: Absolutely. 

6 hours ago, Ben said:

Incredibly harsh that, we were an Isak away from winning that game 

I dunno. Isak being fit means we stick with standard 433 and Howe isn't forced to make changes, and I think we suffer more of the same. 

10 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

I dunno. Isak being fit means we stick with standard 433 and Howe isn't forced to make changes, and I think we suffer more of the same. 

Had the same thought. Think it's plausible Gordon ended up being more suited to today's game.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Pull the other one. 

You’d have been content with a defeat at  home then, given how imperative our home form is if we’re going to achieve what we need to? As I said, missing their best 2 players. Good point but I’d have been very disappointed to lose that game.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Case for the prosecution your honour …

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46057167.amp