Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

It very much sounds like stavely thought he was a yes and told her journos, but he never actually agreed or saw a firm offer and has had 24 hours of feeling bounced into it. The idea that he says no now and comes back to it in a year is for the birds, if he doesn’t want the job and causes ructions he won’t get the offer again. 

What worries me is that we are 2 weeks into it and Howe is the other name. I really think we are in turbo bother unless we get a big time manager in now to attract quality in January. Howe isn’t going to do that whatsoever. 

If true, looks like he’s mightily pissed off with the leak before a major game and the lack of total professionalism it shows. We will see tomorrow what happens

3 minutes ago, MagCA said:

Howe is a sidewards step 

Championship here we come.  I find it bizarre  PIF spent months pursuing the club but didnt use that time to put a management structure in place.  

Just now, Ketsbaia said:

You'd like to think those concerns could go away after another chat with Staveley. Silly reasons tbh.

Silly to us but imagine you are him. Basket case football club with inexperienced owners fumble the approach and put you under pressure before you get there over a job that is non stop pressure and unreal expectations. I dunno. All of a sudden my instincts are, well, fuck. 

15 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

So Craig Hope and Martin Hardy are both saying this'll be finalised in the coming days yet Balague is saying he'll fuck us off due to the uncertainty? Bizarre. Do have to say if the leak about Emery being #1 has come from the club that's quite poor imo, given he's still the manager of Villarreal and has had to take a CL game on the same night. Pay the compensation, get him agreeing to come then by all means. 

Need to just see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully Balague is talking shite, no idea if he's one to tend to.

Hope did change his story, backtracking ever so slightly in his last updated tweet

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59144370

"Sources close to Emery indicate he felt the new Magpies ownership lacked a clear vision for the club." 

I don't understand this. Emery would have known about the vision of the club after his series of interviews with Staveley over the weekend, to which he then told her he wanted the job. 

Now the vision of the club is unclear to him?! 

If a leak involving Eddie Howe has cost us Unai Emery, we are being run by a bunch of amateurs. And I guess we may well be.

But this all feels very strange and manufactured. If Emery was prepared to accept the job, I can't imagine there would be a scenario where he would turn it down because of something like this. He would have known what kind of situation he was getting into. 

Again - if our people fucked this up... that's pretty ominous for our ability to get things done.

Sounds like a bit of a drama Queen this lad. Sure, the leak was poorly timed but who was reporting the Howe thing? British journalists? He trusts that?

Quite disrespectful to another manager to use that as a reason why you’d be having doubts.

I wonder if Man Utd made contact, it’s only a matter of time before Ole gets binned.. we might have been played here.

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Sounds like a bit of a drama Queen this lad. Sure, the leak was poorly timed but who was reporting the Howe thing? British journalists? He trusts that?

Quite disrespectful to another manager to use that as a reason why you’d be having doubts.

I wonder if Man Utd made contact, it’s only a matter of time before Ole gets binned.. we might have been played here.

Man Utd won’t touch Emery, they’re well beyond his level now. Maybe 5 years ago, but not after Arsenal and the drubbing he got off our press

4 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Nowhere reporting that Emery has/will knock us back. All seems to be Balague's own personal opinion. 

Yeah it is, just seems very specific what it includes and suggests to me he’s had a conversation with Emery or one of his associates. Keep saying it, but we will just have to wait and see 

On tenterhooks, not for Emery but for whether this is the s**t show it appears to be or not.

Can only speak as I see it and it may all work out perfectly nevermind well, even by the end of this week, and who knows what has gone on behind the scenes but from what little we know and have seen, it has been a s**t show so far.

Need a football person in to make the football decisions, what came first the chicken or the egg.

21 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

That BBC article is bizarre quoting the Ballague tweets, usually when astory on the BBC is released when it’s pretty definitive.  It’s not usually based on some tweets 

Its us. Sky News (nevermind SSN) breaking news strap carried the Kenyon takeover rumour. Never seen it before or since used for conjecture like that.

Edited by Wolfcastle

We may screw this up, it's nufc after all, but Balague is wrong if he is suggesting Citeh were completely professional behind the scenes from the get go. The best DOF at that time would never have paid that much for Roque Santa Cruz, or bought him in the first place with options their money gave them. That was all on Hughes, who they kept too long anyway.

Sounds like we will be getting Howe at this rate, if that's the case we could have done that 2 weeks ago or even when Ashley was still here. I understand it was a fast takeover but surely they can work faster than this and either rule out certain managers or find out if there interested by now. They must have had advisors in mind the first time around to help with footballing matters without just attempting to wing it, hopefully this article is wrong and they do have some sort of plan.

El Larguero (Spain):

“The information that Emery's environment conveys is that HE STAYS. He had a very positive meeting with the Roigs (board). He liked the reaction of the players. The intention is to stay and dismiss the interest of Newcastle"