Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

5 minutes ago, Pilko said:

:lol: fuck off yourself, if you've got an axe to grind with me personally send me a PM.

Happy to have it out in the open to be honest. No axe to grind whatsoever, I just remember you being super critical of Howe in the early days, with little to no retraction of the nonsense you posted. Hence, digs like that appear particularly cheap to me. 

8 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Hate inverted wingers. Left footer left wing right footer right wing. Simples.

Its not just that. Nobody would put good money on whether ASM is going to cross first time, check one, twice, thrice and/or not get a cross in at all.

I'll cut Wilson and Wood before him some slack on that, because you make the wrong run you're dead and it can fuck the whole attack.

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s not clear to me that Howe got it wrong today like. We should’ve scored at least 2 goals and the ones we let in were soft. Man City are amazing.

The miss from Wilson was terrible, and maybe Isak scores it. But apart from that you can see logic behind Howe’s decisions.

I hope to see ASM, Isak and Targett play in the next couple. But this was a game where you can understand going for grafters. 

I hate the logic that Wilson missed the chance, Isak would have buried it that some people use. Not accusing you of using it, mind. 

Murphy flashed two brilliant balls across the box when Isak was on and he was nowhere near them. Infact nobody was. Isak clearly has a lot of ability and will turn into a great player for us but he's a totally different player to Wilson. In this system though he's prone to dropping too deep or drifting wide and not being in the right position for balls into the box at times. His style seems to fit a more fluid system where forwards interchange. Right now he looks great on the ball but then we often have nobody at all in the box. 

I don't think it's as simple as just hoying Isak into that front three instead of Wilson and everything will be much better. We will need to make adjustments elsewhere too. 

17 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s not clear to me that Howe got it wrong today like. We should’ve scored at least 2 goals and the ones we let in were soft. Man City are amazing.

The miss from Wilson was terrible, and maybe Isak scores it. But apart from that you can see logic behind Howe’s decisions.

I hope to see ASM, Isak and Targett play in the next couple. But this was a game where you can understand going for grafters. 

What is the logic behind playing Wilson 2 months into this terrible form?

Just now, Dr Venkman said:

What is the logic behind playing Wilson 2 months into this terrible form?

If I was to guess, I’d say you would think Isak is different enough to Wilson to require significant changes in the attacking system. Which you don’t want to do just before a cup final and a game against the best team in the league. 

I do hope we see Isak start from now on. 

2 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

I hate the logic that Wilson missed the chance, Isak would have buried it that some people use. Not accusing you of using it, mind. 

Murphy flashed two brilliant balls across the box when Isak was on and he was nowhere near them. Infact nobody was. Isak clearly has a lot of ability and will turn into a great player for us but he's a totally different player to Wilson. In this system though he's prone to dropping too deep or drifting wide and not being in the right position for balls into the box at times. His style seems to fit a more fluid system where forwards interchange. Right now he looks great on the ball but then we often have nobody at all in the box. 

I don't think it's as simple as just hoying Isak into that front three instead of Wilson and everything will be much better. We will need to make adjustments elsewhere too. 

Totally agree, I think this is why Isak hasn’t taken over yet. I guess Howe think he needs to change more of the system and now wasn’t the right time to work on it. 

8 days until the next game, hope for some changes now. 

What are the chances of finding a match of people in here crying about Howe needing to do changes and also being in the transfer threads in end Jan/beginning of Feb complaining about the lack of options to Howe? :lol:

Targett is just back from a long injury, as is Isak. Beyond easing these two into the line-up, are there really much else he can do that would improve us?

We've played three of the four best teams in the PL the last three games, one being in a final - hardly the appropriate opportunity to change things up.

Incredibly predictable how the "trust in Eddie" has changed for so many. Saw someone call him "steady Eddie" in a thread today as well :lol: 

56 minutes ago, Dyeyzzon said:

We ended with a stronger team than we started, which says a lot about his stubbornness to change his starting XI.

If I see Wilson and Burn in the starting XI next week we really have to wait for a red card or injury before we see a fresh approach.

I thought it wasn't the worst plan as long as we didn't concede a poor goal early on. We competed well early doors, should have took the lead, and then you've got some real pace and skill to bring off the bench when there's more space in the second half.

But we did concede the early goal, and that sort of kills the whole game plan. Everyone's a genius in hindsight.

Some on here. Practically can't say a single negative thing regarding Howe or the transfer window without getting backlash. I'm indifferent, I think we're still in transit and he's still performing well above expectations however he needs to change a few things but still not that concerned in the grand scheme of things.

5 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Isak just needs to be on the pitch, with or without Wilson. He's looked a far better all round footballer than Wilson when he has been on the pitch, has linked up well with others and regardless we have spent £63m on him to help us score goals. We're struggling to score goals and have been so far this calendar year yet he's only started 2 league games since his return from injury on the 2nd January. It's not making much sense now.

9 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Fair, but recently Wilson hasn't contributed much else besides missing his chances either. He hasn't held the ball up or run the channels in the way Isak did in the time he was on. I know rapid subs against tired defenders have that advantage, but the point stands that he was making positive contributions we'd lacked. If you're not holding it up, not running the channels and not playing others in then you need to be finishing. He needs a rest and Isak needs a run of games.

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Sadly see this kind of shit after every game we don’t win. Bunch of entitled cunts who deserve Bruce. 

Thank fuck I don't bother with Twitter.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t either but people insist on making me read the shite on here. 

It's unfortunate. Like kids under 10, some people should probably not be allowed phones unsupervised.

I hope Eddie learns from today.

Wilson sould not be starting.

Otherwise no grave complaints, it's too easy to criticize after a bad run, which every team has at some stage.

I'm positive for the next game.

11 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Sadly see this kind of shit after every game we don’t win. Bunch of entitled cunts who deserve Bruce. 

Deserved to starve in that desert, the fucking whopper. 

49 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Shame almost every team in the world disagrees. 

Be bold. Be different. Football is cyclical and the way teams play changes all the time. 

Murphy created two fantastic crosses with a first time cross on the right. If someone got on the end of it, we’d be waxing lyrical about a right footed winger. Almiron cutting back in is now too obvious and teams have woken up to it. 

45 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Happy to have it out in the open to be honest. No axe to grind whatsoever, I just remember you being super critical of Howe in the early days, with little to no retraction of the nonsense you posted. Hence, digs like that appear particularly cheap to me. 

I was indeed super critical of Howe in the early days and without trawling through I've definitely gone on record more than once to say I had it completely wrong and that he's far and away better than I had him down as. 

That doesn't mean he's immune from criticism though and since the turn of the year, it's been underwhelming. Bad results and bad performances will happen regardless of your manager, club and overall spend but it does feel a bit like he's sticking to tried and tested for too long now.

3 league goals in 2023 as we go into March is massively concerning and yet he sticks with our 1 in last 15 striker, £60m striker sat on the bench. It's blatantly wrong.

7 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Be bold. Be different. Football is cyclical and the way teams play changes all the time. 

Murphy created two fantastic crosses with a first time cross on the right. If someone got on the end of it, we’d be waxing lyrical about a right footed winger. Almiron cutting back in is now too obvious and teams have woken up to it. 

Sure, but it also highlights how teams don’t have target men now and they’re not used to attacking crosses in that way.