Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 hours ago, KaKa said:

Proper distressing man. I've always though players are far too careless in their decision making when joining new clubs.

I'd be having a sit down with the manager that wants me and getting a full description of his setup and exactly how he'll be using me and how he also intends to get the best out of me and help me develop further.

So you hear what you want from the manager, it all sounds great, you sign a 5-year deal and then in no time the manager's gone and being replaced by Steve Bruce.

Before you know it, your tactical instructions are "let's play" and you're doing cool downs in a wheelie bin.

I agree absolutely with your point, but manages generally don't last long these days, trying to pick a good one who might stick about is almost impossible.

52 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

So you hear what you want from the manager, it all sounds great, you sign a 5-year deal and then in no time the manager's gone and being replaced by Steve Bruce.

Before you know it, your tactical instructions are "let's play" and you're doing cool downs in a wheelie bin.

I agree absolutely with your point, but manages generally don't last long these days, trying to pick a good one who might stick about is almost impossible.

100% there is still so much you can't control, but I don't even think a lot of players get the first bit right, which is just criminal.

Also in the scenario you just mentioned above I would then be a lot more aggressive in demanding a move. If I signed for Rafa and they sacked him and brought in Bruce I'd be throwing the owner under the bus publicly and looking to get out pronto!

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

100% there is still so much you can't control, but I don't even think a lot of players get the first bit right, which is just criminal.

Also in the scenario you just mentioned above I would then be a lot more aggressive in demanding a move. If I signed for Rafa and they sacked him and brought in Bruce I'd be throwing the owner under the bus publicly and looking to get out pronto!

Again, not really disagreeing with your general point because I agree with you, but I don't think it's really that easy because "I wanted to play for Rafa Benitez, not Newcastle United" (However you try to word it, that's how it'll be portrayed) isn't going to go down well with anyone in the game at all. Not fans of your current club, not prospective new clubs, not fans of any new club you join in case you do it again, it's just going to make you something of a pariah. Also there's so many shit managers around that you could end up bouncing round all over the place trying to work with a decent one.

Often as well, settled players think they can probably ride out an incompetent manager. Sometimes it works, like for Schar.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. But you have to take into account the way Ashley treated Rafa, and then replacing him with someone that should never have had that level of job. Definitely grounds to cause a huge stink and ask to leave, and the fans would have definitely understood why.

5 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Linking for the info, not the video but wow, that's some stat. 4 wins and 1 draw to it. C'mon lads, do it for Eddie!

It's incorrect info. Need to win every game or something like that to do it.

Checking it now. Keegan and Ron Atkinson at Villa got more but not in a 38 game season.  Redknapp's best at Spurs was 71. This was SBR's best total too.

I might have missed someone though.

Surely manager of the season? Only Arteta comes close really and if he wins the league he should get it, if Man City win the league though I don't see how Eddie wont win it. I know is a narrative in the media that we have spent our way to the top 4 but those that know football are aware that isn't true.

Edited by Geogaddi

Just an observation but love the way we've scored a couple of goals recently from our centre-backs stepping up and winning the ball back inside the oppositions half. Botman in the lead up to Willock's goal v Man U, Schar on Sunday for Murphy. Must be relentless to play against when just as the opposition think they're out, those two are up your back.

21 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Surely manager of the season? Only Arteta comes close really and if he wins the league he should get it, if Man City win the league though I don't see how Eddie wont win it. I know is a narrative in the media that we have spent our way to the top 4 but those that know football are aware that isn't true.

You don't even need to know football to understand that. It's purely journos, tv pundits and youtubers baiting our fans by spouting this shite in the hope they get a reaction.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just an observation but love the way we've scored a couple of goals recently from our centre-backs stepping up and winning the ball back inside the oppositions half. Botman in the lead up to Willock's goal v Man U, Schar on Sunday for Murphy. Must be relentless to play against when just as the opposition think they're out, those two are up your back.

Fucking love it. No one wants to play us. Let’s keep it that way. 

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

You don't even need to know football to understand that. It's purely journos, tv pundits and youtubers baiting our fans by spouting this shite in the hope they get a reaction.

Exactly.

Someone pointed out that we had 9 Ashley-era players playing v Spurs. Sure, we've made signings but if anything considering the dereliction of the club for the previous decade and a half, we've only spent what was due.

But Howe has worked miracles with what he inherited. And credit to the players too, for buying into it because you need that too.

About becoming better and improve.

”I’ve got plans and ideas in my head of where we wanna go

“long way to go to where we wanna be, we want more”

Love stuff like this. 

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

About becoming better and improve.

”I’ve got plans and ideas in my head of where we wanna go

“long way to go to where we wanna be, we want more”

Love stuff like this. 

We’re gonna be electric to watch (we are now for me) :indi: