Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Joelinton

Longstaff

Almiron

Murphy

Who's the next one that gets Howe'd? At this point I'm expecting Dummett to become the next Roberto Carlos :lol:

I think you have to add Willock and Schar to that list both players we knew could be good on their day but are now delivering consistently high quality performances.

Does anyone know - Did Amanda approach Eddie for the job or did Eddie just apply?  Either way - fair play Amanda but if this was someone she actively approached.  :notbad:

2 hours ago, 54 said:

Joelinton

Longstaff

Almiron

Murphy

Who's the next one that gets Howe'd? At this point I'm expecting Dummett to become the next Roberto Carlos :lol:

More hilarious is how at odds it all is with the drivel the press were spouting about their being potential schisms in the squad when we made signings and existing players downing tools as they might not be here for the long term. If we get CL qualification I’m going to go back and record all the utter reactionary drivel that was spouted in the first few months after the takeover/Howe was appointed.

Yes I should get better hobbies but I’m an extremely petty individual.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

Honestly feels more like the Keegan era, the value of our players rose exponentially while he was given free reign.

So true. Howe has probably generated the club 10* his wages just in increased player values.

Those people who say "it's about the players, not the manager" or "the players need to take some responsibility, it's not the manager's fault" are fucking idiots. But we hear it all the time.

I'll be completely honest and say that sometimes I question his starting line-ups, but then he goes and proves me wrong. I do need to stop the habit.

I only started following Newcastle back in 2010-11 so outside of Rafa, I've only known shite like Pardew, Carver, Bruce and McClaren.

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

According to Twitter, if we can achieve 13 points from the last 21 available then Howe will have the highest points total recorded by an English manager in the Premier League. 

Nah, that's not true. 13 points would put us on 72, we got 77 and 78 in 93-94 and 95-96 respectively under Keegan.

7 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Looking at the criticism of spurs players and others through the league it occurs to me more now following the bruce years how much players are improved or impinged by management. All the spurs fans screaming all players not fit to wear the shirt, I think of feeling the same about Longstaff who I thought may have just had a purple patch in a specific tactical formation, I never hated miggy (how could you) but thought he was probably just a likeable hard runner lacking anything close to talent required to succeed in the league and i thought Joelinton was hard working but completely ineffective too. 

It's genuinely distressing when you think about it how many players who I'm sure could have had great careers with right coaches but got written off because of waste of space PFMs and were at the wrong place wrong time. So much luck. 

Proper distressing man. I've always though players are far too careless in their decision making when joining new clubs.

I'd be having a sit down with the manager that wants me and getting a full description of his setup and exactly how he'll be using me and how he also intends to get the best out of me and help me develop further.

8 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Looking at the criticism of spurs players and others through the league it occurs to me more now following the bruce years how much players are improved or impinged by management. All the spurs fans screaming all players not fit to wear the shirt, I think of feeling the same about Longstaff who I thought may have just had a purple patch in a specific tactical formation, I never hated miggy (how could you) but thought he was probably just a likeable hard runner lacking anything close to talent required to succeed in the league and i thought Joelinton was hard working but completely ineffective too. 

It's genuinely distressing when you think about it how many players who I'm sure could have had great careers with right coaches but got written off because of waste of space PFMs and were at the wrong place wrong time. So much luck. 

Good point. We’re all guilty of it to an extent. It also shows that saying a player is shite based on a sample of one club/manager is a bit narrow minded. Same player at a different club or under a different manager could have worked out.

I hope Gordon is next to be Howed.

38 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It’s why getting a world class winger should be our priority imo. We work the ball into dangerous areas constantly.

honestly I feel like if we get Willock and Longstaff to improve their finishing to the same extent that Big Jo and Miggy have we'll start scoring for fun in some of the games we've drawn this season. 

Amongst midfielders per 90 minutes in the league this season, Joe Willock is only behind Bruno Fernandes, Odegaard, Xhaka and KDB for touches in the opposition area. Maddison is next after Willock and then it's Joelinton. We get midfielders into the box really well and the wingers + Trippier are already doing their job getting the ball in there for them. 

Edited by Smal

I've never seen anything like what Howe's done to our players. It really shouldn't be possible. He's turned players I thought were (being kind) Championship quality players and helped them to become invaluable cogs in a team surging its way into the Champion's League.

If Leicester 15/16 hadn't happened, this would be the most remarkable turnaround I've ever seen at this level, it's staggering. Joelinton, Almiron, Murphy, Longstaff, Schar have gone from dead certs for the chopping block at some point, to in some cases being I-wouldn't-sell-for-anything players. Ridiculous. 

The nearest thing to it here is obviously Keegan, but by the player's and Keegan's own admission that was largely to do with his own ultra enthusiasm, the insane confidence he instilled into players, and the amazing style of football he had us playing. Not to mention that the players who came in were still absolute quality.

But Howe has seemingly done all of that in the modern era where the top 6 is much more of a closed shop, while also coaching the players on everything to do with the whys and wheres of football, switching players positions and them still being brilliant, and made my prediction of 8th and feeling that was arrogant to a prediction that's turned out to be hugely conservative. 

He's fucking class, give him the keys to the city, I love him. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's not just that he's brilliant, it's that he's every inch a Newcastle manager. That's something that as much as I loved Rafa and would have really liked Emery, can't be said about them. In terms of football style, Howe is the spiritual successor to Keegan, without question. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

The players are so professional now, to the point of being robotic. You hear Howe's influence on them whenever they speak to the media. They've all bought in to his ethos. Even after January it looked like we didn't have much depth, and whilst it remains patchy, you look at the subs that came on yesterday and they all have a hunger about them.