Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Joelinton

Longstaff

Almiron

Murphy

Who's the next one that gets Howe'd? At this point I'm expecting Dummett to become the next Roberto Carlos :lol:

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Joelinton

Longstaff

Almiron

Murphy

Who's the next one that gets Howe'd? At this point I'm expecting Dummett to become the next Roberto Carlos :lol:

Shame Krath got injured as he had a mini resurgence last season filling in for Trippier before his injury. He can't be far off from being fit surely.

12 minutes ago, 54 said:

Joelinton

Longstaff

Almiron

Murphy

I'd happily add Dummett to the list if he simply made him a serviceable option off the bench at this point. :lol:

10 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Schar belongs on that list

Schar was class under Rafa, so we always knew there was a player there, it's just he despised Bruce and played accordingly under him, which is understandable tbh :lol:

17 minutes ago, 54 said:

Joelinton

Longstaff

Almiron

Murphy

Gordon 

I remember watching a documentary of when he was at Bournemouth.

I remember him saying that by the following morning he and his coaching staff would have cut up the game into little clips to be sent to each player.

Included would be things that each player had done well (that he and the coaching team had noticed), reinforcing previous coaching points, along with a few things they could improve on with new coaching points.

Never been in an elite dressing room, but can imagine that it's a great way to let your players know that you're noticing their contributions and that you're committed to their development.

Edited by BlazeT44

1 minute ago, BlazeT44 said:

I remember watching a documentary of when he was at Bournemouth.

I remember him saying that by the following morning he and his coaching staff would have cut up the game into little clips to be sent to each player.

Included would be things that each player had done well (that he and the coaching team had noticed), reinforcing previous coaching points, along with a few things they could improve on with new coaching points.

Never been in an elite dressing room, but can imagine that it's a great way to let your players know that you're noticing their contributions and that you're committed to their development.

This is it, personalised and targeted management / coaching that is extremely constructive. I can’t even imagine having a manager now who isn’t also an amazing coach. Eddie is winning trophies with us, it’s happening within two years 

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

This is it, personalised and targeted management / coaching that is extremely constructive. I can’t even imagine having a manager now who isn’t also an amazing coach. Eddie is winning trophies with us, it’s happening within two years 

I'm paraphrasing but I remember him saying something like "I can work with anyone. The only thing I will not tolerate is having no desire to improve". 

It's why he fell out with Defoe at Bournemouth.

Edited by BlazeT44

20 minutes ago, 54 said:

Schar was class under Rafa, so we always knew there was a player there, it's just he despised Bruce and played accordingly under him, which is understandable tbh :lol:

That's a nicer way of saying what i said 🤣

17 minutes ago, 54 said:

Class under Rafa in a back 5. I don’t think many people were convinced he could be this good in a back 4. 

He’s also criminally under rated on the ball in the media. Under rated in general. Botman been great but Schar has been better. Schar is far more exposed due to how high Trippier plays while Burn is much closer to Botman. 

Understand why Staveley wanted him in, as he's got that ridiculous winning mentality that Rafa had as well. Never satisfied, not even when 5-0 up after 20 minutes. It's always about the next 10 minutes, we always need to stay alert and be at our best. 

Remember how Rafa used to call players over just after we scored a goal? Eddie does that as well, but expects the entire team to already know what he's about to say :smitten:

What a team spirit this guy has fostered, see wilson celebrating with isak after the game, despite Wilson i am sure feeling its a bit rough to be scoring goals and being on bench, but there seems to be so much buy in and love in the squad. This is by far the most likeable squad in my time supporting the toon, and as much as i look forward to new players i really love all this squad even fucking murphy right now

Just now, Tiresias said:

What a team spirit this guy has fostered, see wilson celebrating with isak after the game, despite Wilson i am sure feeling its a bit rough to be scoring goals and being on bench, but there seems to be so much buy in and love in the squad. This is by far the most likeable squad in my time supporting the toon, and as much as i look forward to new players i really love all this squad even fucking murphy right now

You should love Murphy, what a game he had.

57 minutes ago, 54 said:

tbf we knew Longstaff & Almiron were class under Rafa too.

(admitably it's probably easy to love a squad that is winning, but I think actually weirdly even in the bruce years the squad were a good bunch, following relegation we lost the mercenaries and rafa built a good unit, lascelles, ritchie, hayden etc all had character etc, just not quality. Still, all the additions all seem right good eggs

4 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

(admitably it's probably easy to love a squad that is winning, but I think actually weirdly even in the bruce years the squad were a good bunch, following relegation we lost the mercenaries and rafa built a good unit, lascelles, ritchie, hayden etc all had character etc, just not quality. Still, all the additions all seem right good eggs

You're absolutely right; on the whole it's been a really likeable squad ever since Rafa's rebuild in the Championship. I think Lascelles probably deserves some credit for it, tbf. There's been a good dressing room character for the whole time he's been captain, Bruce provocations aside. 

I'm sure someone could dig out a post where I'm calling Shelvey out, or someone, but I didn't have any issue with the players between 2019-21. It's clear what (who) the problem was then. I just assumed most of the players had about as much respect for Bruce as I did. 

Looking at the criticism of spurs players and others through the league it occurs to me more now following the bruce years how much players are improved or impinged by management. All the spurs fans screaming all players not fit to wear the shirt, I think of feeling the same about Longstaff who I thought may have just had a purple patch in a specific tactical formation, I never hated miggy (how could you) but thought he was probably just a likeable hard runner lacking anything close to talent required to succeed in the league and i thought Joelinton was hard working but completely ineffective too. 

It's genuinely distressing when you think about it how many players who I'm sure could have had great careers with right coaches but got written off because of waste of space PFMs and were at the wrong place wrong time. So much luck. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

You're absolutely right; on the whole it's been a really likeable squad ever since Rafa's rebuild in the Championship. I think Lascelles probably deserves some credit for it, tbf. There's been a good dressing room character for the whole time he's been captain, Bruce provocations aside. 

I'm sure someone could dig out a post where I'm calling Shelvey out, or someone, but I didn't have any issue with the players between 2019-21. It's clear what (who) the problem was then. I just assumed most of the players had about as much respect for Bruce as I did. 

Shelvey's an odd one, he fluctuated when he bought in he really did, but that half season when things proper clicked under rafa was almost entirely brought about because Rafa realised that Shelvey needed too much carrying in midfield, dropped him, went to 3 at the back and essentially made Lejeune and Schar the playmakers in the team. Shelvey sulked and was all for bruce when he came in because of this, then blew hot and cold cos bruce was never demanding much of him. I still will give him credit, he did step up under Howe when he was fit but he needs to feel the special one in the team.

12 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Understand why Staveley wanted him in, as he's got that ridiculous winning mentality that Rafa had as well. Never satisfied, not even when 5-0 up after 20 minutes. It's always about the next 10 minutes, we always need to stay alert and be at our best. 

Remember how Rafa used to call players over just after we scored a goal? Eddie does that as well, but expects the entire team to already know what he's about to say :smitten:

Honestly feels more like the Keegan era, the value of our players rose exponentially while he was given free reign.