Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Pata said:

So many people just completely fail to understand how big of a role variance plays in football. If the ball wouldn’t have bounced from Botman’s arse to his backheel and straight to Nunez we most likely win. If one of Almiron’s shots that hit bar and post go in or Barnes plays that ball to Wilson who was all alone we win. Absolutely no one would be questioning Howe’s record in big matches or say that Klopp schooled him today if even one of those spots go differently.

Some people seriously need to calm down and not look at every result like it’s the last match of football that will ever be played. Howe could’ve done better today with his subs and tactics when we had the man advantage but the result was extremely unlucky and never a reason to doubt whether Howe is good enough or not for us in the long term. He’s done an otherworldly job so far and it’s disappointing how many fans are questioning him after losing to Man City away and unluckily to Liverpool at home after decimating a really good Villa side three (!) weeks to the season.

I was preparing to come on here and say “I’m not sure why we didn’t manage to get another goal, but we deserved a couple and at least we ground out the win”. 

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Thinking back, we got into loads of good positions but then refused to get the ball in the box on many occasions. We've never been great controllers under Howe and maybe he's trying to introduce more balance to the side as part of the next evolution but it felt off.

We can do it like, we do it loads and we're decent at it, but I've never seen us do it at 1-0 against an elite team that can punish you with one good ball. It's normally at 3 or 4 nil that we start playing passy.

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It was apparent from the moment we started almost aimlessly knocking it around like we were controlling the game at 1-0 that we were playing with fire imo. I've never known us to take our foot off the gas like we did today and I hope it never happens again.

TBF we were controlling the game. Although I did know that we needed another goal. 

3 minutes ago, mofo said:

You do realise most managers struggle against top managers, hence the reason they are top managers...

I used to like klopp now he’s a c**t

i used to like our fans… 

4 minutes ago, WinstonFC said:

Howe struggles against the top managers, fact. 

Only Klopp and Guardiola have really had his number. Two of the best coaches in world football.

Also stating "fact" after your opinion doesn't make it any more valid.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Only Klopp and Guardiola have really had his number. Two of the best coaches in world football.

They have vastly superior squads too.

It's not exactly a fair comparison.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Probably part of the problem today. With them being down to ten we didn't know whether to see the game out or kill it off.

You have to kill it off. What a disappointing day.

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Yea the two top managers in the league. So it is a fact ffs

44 minutes ago, Pata said:

So many people just completely fail to understand how big of a role variance plays in football. If the ball wouldn’t have bounced from Botman’s arse to his heel and straight to Nunez we most likely win. If one of Almiron’s shots that hit bar and post go in or Barnes plays that ball to Wilson who was all alone we win. Absolutely no one would be questioning Howe’s record in big matches or say that Klopp schooled him today if even one of those spots go differently.

Some people seriously need to calm down and not look at every result like it’s the last match of football that will ever be played. Howe could’ve done better today with his subs and tactics when we had the man advantage but the result was extremely unlucky and never a reason to doubt whether Howe is good enough or not for us in the long term. He’s done an otherworldly job so far and it’s disappointing how many fans are questioning him after losing to Man City away and unluckily to Liverpool at home after decimating a really good Villa side three (!) weeks to the season.

their 2 goals were insane in terms of bounces falling perfectly.