Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Not sure how players who cost so little can be considered a failure honestly.

I mean, you generally get what you pay for.

Exactly...the "failure" was not investing in a more proficient centre forward, hardly Rafa`s fault

Exactly...the "failure" was not investing in a more proficient centre forward, hardly Rafa`s fault

Agree, I understand people's frustration with certain players but it feels misdirected to me.

The angst of our supporters always seems to spill over, imagine what we could achieve if it was directed properly most of the time.

So do we view Lukaku and any more potential incomings as a play to keep Rafa or the bare minimum to ensure survival?

He doesn't want to keep Rafa.

I disagree slightly, he doesn't want to keep Rafa on Rafa's terms. I think he would love to keep a manager who can keep us up with minimal expenditure personally.

So do we view Lukaku and any more potential incomings as a play to keep Rafa or the bare minimum to ensure survival?

He doesn't want to keep Rafa.

I disagree slightly, he doesn't want to keep Rafa on Rafa's terms. I think he would love to keep a manager who can keep us up with minimal expenditure personally.

I'm convinced Ashley thinks two loan signings will be enough to convince Rafa to sign a new contract. No doubt, come February1, there will be a stream of stories about Ashley offering wonderful terms to Rafa, and pundits up and down the country will toe the Ashley line and ask "How much more does Rafa expect of Mike?"

Guest reefatoon

Doesn't matter on the cost, He is an absolute failure because he is fucking abysmal at what he is supposed to do. We can't say he is a success because he was cheap. Schar was cheaper for example. 

Doesn't matter on the cost, He is an absolute failure because he is fucking abysmal at what he is supposed to do. We can't say he is a success because he was cheap. Schar was cheaper for example. 

Surely someone who no one expected to succeed not succeeding can't be classed as a failure?!

We expected him to be shit, he has been shit and therefore he has met expectations.

He's clearly said to Rafa 'sign a longer contract, on these terms, and I'll give you a budget for the window' to which Rafa has probably told him to put his money where his mouth is first. There's been a mexican stand off and the result is that we will only get players in on loan.

I'd say this is to try to ensure safety and also in the knowledge that Rafa will walk in the summer.

In Ashley's view, there would be no point in spending money on players the next guy won't want.

Personally feel that Ashley will be very very happy to see the back of Rafa as he'll hate the political comments/games that Rafa plays. There's no way a Pardew, Kinnear or McClaren would have done what Rafa has done and certainly not as acutely.

We'll be back to a yes man in the summer who he'll probably give a budget to, albeit small. The money is there but the fat lad won't release it because of the Rafa contract situation imho.

The reason he wants Rafa to extend his stay is because he knows that the name and calibre makes us more attractive to potential buyers.

That’s a few times they’ve described him as ‘cover for Dummett’. Sorry like but we should be aiming to get him in the team and as first choice asap.

Yep, 19 mil for Paul Dummett cover would disappointing to say the least

That’s a few times they’ve described him as ‘cover for Dummett’. Sorry like but we should be aiming to get him in the team and as first choice asap.

Cover for Dummett doesn't make any sense. He'll be competing with Ritchie for the left wing back role

I think he doesn't have a lot of faith in Rafa because of his failed signings, so he won't sanction anything other than loans. Regardless of the implications of that on any impending contract showdowns. Wouldn't be remotely surprised if he's sacked before the season's out.

I think he doesn't have a lot of faith in Rafa because of his failed signings, so he won't sanction anything other than loans. Regardless of the implications of that on any impending contract showdowns. Wouldn't be remotely surprised if he's sacked before the season's out.

That can't be right, surely? He just wants to spend as little as possible, full stop. How can Rafa have loads of good signings when he's not allowed any money?