Transfer rumours

Yorkie

We're never signing a striker. :lol:

Such little faith  :lol: We'll find another Joselu

Probably hinges on Mitro going, as otherwise we'd never be able to afford it.

Anyone reckon the Mitrovic to Fulham deal won't get done and we'll just keep him and not sign another striker? Or do we reckon he's out the door regardless?

He's going regardless. Pretty certain there have been a couple of foreign clubs interested in a loan.

Two like-for-likes in Schar and Ki, plus Rondon, and we've very marginally improved on what we had in May. Mitro was at Fulham so Rondon is an improvement by default. Who knows if this CB will be any good (why so cheap?) but I do like Ki.

Those extremely minor improvements are obviously balanced-out by other teams properly investing and all becoming better versions of their 17/18 selves, including at least two of the promoted teams having significantly better squads than those who dropped last term.

If Kenedy, Perez and Lascelles continue to improve at the same rate and if Diame somehow manages to retain those unearthly performances levels, we'll be secure in mid-table. The above - plus some really significant progress with the likes of Joselu, Yedlin and Murphy/Atsu - and we might have an outside chance of the top 8.

Ultimately, wherever we finish, Rafa will again be the difference.

We're never signing a striker. :lol:

Such little faith  :lol: We'll find another Joselu

Probably hinges on Mitro going, as otherwise we'd never be able to afford it.

Yeah, all our deals which have actually gone through do seem to hinge on someone in a similar position going out. No coincidence that once we got Mbemba out, we have suddenly got a defender through the door.

Can't see a less than 1 in 3 goalscorer in Germany doing any better than Gayle, he did look handy in the WC but don't think he actually scored a single goal either.

Quick, mobile and works his arse off, a Rafa favourite that like.

Can't see a less than 1 in 3 goalscorer in Germany doing any better than Gayle, he did look handy in the WC but don't think he actually scored a single goal either.

Aye, Gayle does the same for me though. I don't pretend to know loads about him but I don't think there's anything between the 2 of them at all tbh.

Aye, Gayle does the same for me though. I don't pretend to know loads about him but I don't think there's anything between the 2 of them at all tbh.

Aye true, Gayle has been a disappointment for us in the Prem though, also I wouldn't have thought Muto was top of our list, just the one we can afford.

Islam Slimani is available for a season long loan. Would happily take the lad back over the dross we're being linked with.

I would take Slimani back on loan again. He didn't look fit for us and obviously did that daft kick out against West Brom but I thought he at least showed something in a couple of his appearances