Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I actually wonder is a left back / centre back our top priority at the moment?

We only have Dummett who can play left back with any competency and we only have 3 fit centre backs so yes, I would say both are a major priority. Another number 10 is pretty urgent as well in my opinion but that's never going to happen with us refusing to pay more than a few million for anyone.

I actually wonder is a left back / centre back our top priority at the moment?

We only have Dummett who can play left back with any competency and we only have 3 fit centre backs so yes, I would say both are a major priority. Another number 10 is pretty urgent as well in my opinion but that's never going to happen with us refusing to pay more than a few million for anyone.

Is Schar right or left footed? Clark could cover left-back, but if that becomes necessary we would lose our only cover at CB. If Schar is right-footed I would definitely go for a LB/CB utility. If he's left footed I'd be after cover for Lascelles.

We really need both but that is how I would prioritise.

Ah, shit.  Now we're going to have to try and fit 'mulling' into the NUFC non-transfer cycle.  Before or after monitoring?  I reckon definitely before 'considering a bid' but after 'interested in'.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-news-transfers-live-15002093

Deals for these three left-backs?

LeslieNUFC asks: Are the N’Soki, Tagliafico and Joe Bryan deals 100% dead?

Mark Douglas:

It looks like hopes are fading on N’Soki. The other two deals were never really financially viable - unless the fees are paid upfront which has been the issue so far.

Uhm, what in the fuck?

How many signings will NUFC make?

Georgia Keano one of many who asks: How many signings does he think Newcastle will make on deadline day?

Lee Ryder:

I think we are looking at two at least. It’s make or break in many ways for Benitez who has made it crystal clear that two defensive recruits are vital in the last 24 hours. Unless an absolute bargain presents itself to United I’d say that there will be just the two. But you never know on deadline day.

Just a total prick our owner. Can't afford to pay 6 million up front? Yeah, if course we can't.

I think cos he doesn't want to use an overdraft like the rest of the football community does, so while we are in profit I bet that money hasn't actually arrived in our account yet and wont for a few seasons.    So we are skint to a degree.  :lol:

in fairness (FML) deals can be agreed in absolutely no fucking time if the will is there...on deadline day it's all agreement in principle subject to medical anyways when it gets late on

the time is no fucking excuse at this point; with a phone, pen & paper and fax/email it could all be done piss easy if you're willing to pay what's required