Transfer rumours

Yorkie

We're criminally short in both full back positions. Last year at least we had decentish cover in Mbemba, Gamez and Haidara.

As things stand, Manquillo will play every other week and we'll have to rely on Clark (a very limited LB / our first choice CB now) or Sterry if someone gets injured. I doubt Lazaar would feature even if there's nobody else to play.

Add to that Lejeune's injury and the lack of cover at CB.. With no youngsters good enough, we lack numbers in defence, never mind quality. Ashley's getting a bit ahead of himself in his attempts to undermine Rafa. We're two long-term injuries away from relegation as it stands. It's suicide to start the season like that.

We had fuck all cover at the back last season, that’s why we were in or around the relegation zone for most of it..

Dummett played about half a season and Gamez and Haidara managed 5 appearances between them. Mbemba not much more.

Manquillo started 20 PL games!

We desperately need cover at the back. I’m not convinced about Schär and Yarney needs time. Clark played too much last season, he’s just not up to the level.

A long term injury to Lascelles and we are certs to go down the rest of our defence is atrocious

We need so much tomorrow and - not only will we fall short - we'll get nothing. We're in so much trouble.

Agree with everything except the last bit.  Don't see how we're in trouble like unless you think Benitez is going to leave because of lack of transfers.

We need so much tomorrow and - not only will we fall short - we'll get nothing. We're in so much trouble.

Agree with everything except the last bit.  Don't see how we're in trouble like unless you think Benitez is going to leave because of lack of transfers.

People need to get real with the state our squad is in. As good as Rafa is we are only 1 or 2 long term injuries away from disaster. We have taken loans out and signed relegated players

Theres a team down the road who played that game

Our team is full of players who simply aren't good enough for this level but are being coached to be the sum of their parts

We lack creativity goals and defensive solidity. Suspensions and injuries will royally fuck us as what we have in the squad as cover is frankly pathetic

Our only #10 is Ayoze, the defence falls apart without Lascelles and Shelvey/Diame hit a purple patch but can't keep it up for another season. Our first XI is good enough to stay up but our threadbare squad means we're close to trouble - even with Rafa.

Douglas thinks it's unlikely we'll do anything now unsurprisingly. Think I'll avoid SSN.

Is anyone actually surprised by this?. Charnley takes a fucking week to fire up the fax machine and compose an email

It's groundhog day over and over. Every fucking year man and the likelihood of us signing anyone in January is zero too

Could Rondon be Rafas last signing?

Douglas thinks it's unlikely we'll do anything now unsurprisingly. Think I'll avoid SSN.

Where's he said that? Almost certainly the truth, like.

12 hours ago the Chronicle were saying that it was positive regarding incomings. Should make up their mind.

Where's he said that? Almost certainly the truth, like.

12 hours ago the Chronicle were saying that it was positive regarding incomings. Should make up their mind.

Here:

Shambles as usual.

It feels to me like the last week or so the club have just been going through the French/Belgium/Holland database they own to find cheap defenders (and then get rebuffed).

Doesn’t feel like Rafa’s type for the more recent players linked.

Probably time to lock this thread until January. That's the real test for me.

Can’t keep saying the next window is the real test.

What use is taking an A-Level when you already failed your AS, GCSE, SATS, Spelling proficiency?

The only test now is whether we can get Ashley and chums expelled ASAP before they can do further damage.

Probably time to lock this thread until January. That's the real test for me.

Can’t keep saying the next window is the real test.

What use is taking an A-Level when you already failed your AS, GCSE, SATS, Spelling proficiency?

The only test now is whether we can get Ashley and chums expelled ASAP before they can do further damage.

:lol: