Transfer rumours

Yorkie

14 hours ago, Decky said:

Listen to this knobhead here:

Hes a Villa fan on the wind up , ignore the cunt, I won’t click on it but I can hear the pricks voice , he does it on purpose.

On 28/11/2021 at 00:06, Thiago said:

I honestly think we're still taking off to use a plane analogy. The destination of our January business will be swayed massively by the points tally come late December. No way is Dembele joining - even on loan - to be in the relegation zone. 

I can think of a reason why he'd join (the answer is money).

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Buying him outright in January would be a terrible decision. 

loan with an option sure. 

Sure Barca be happy to have him off the wage bill.

Guessing hes on about 300-400k

19 minutes ago, Slim said:

Sure Barca be happy to have him off the wage bill.

Guessing hes on about 300-400k

Oh yeah he’s on a huge salary they can’t wait to get rid of him. 

but then again it’s from the metro so probably not worth discussing. 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Oh yeah he’s on a huge salary they can’t wait to get rid of him. 

but then again it’s from the metro so probably not worth discussing. 

"But according to El Nacional, that stance has changed. The Brazil international is said to be increasingly frustrated having started on the bench in each of Barcelona’s three games since their new manager’s arrival." So depends if  El Nacional is the Spanish metro? 

From the article: “And not just in the sprawling shopping malls like the Metro Centre in Newcastle or The Bridges in Sunderland”.

It’s a massive stretch to refer to the bridges as sprawling and the metro is shite these days.

As insulting as it is to say, I think there’s some truth in what Agbonlahor is saying. Players do want to be in London.

London clubs use it as an attraction and often try to paint the north as a post industrial hell hole that rains all the time. Think one of the Manchester clubs got wind of the fact one of the London clubs were claiming that it rains all the time in Manchester in their presentation to a player, and had to tell the player that actually it rains more in London.

With that being said there’s a lot of buzz around us at the moment. We’re the richest club in the world, we’re ambitious  and can offer players a lot of money to compensate for that.

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

From the article: “And not just in the sprawling shopping malls like the Metro Centre in Newcastle or The Bridges in Sunderland”.

It’s a massive stretch to refer to the bridges as sprawling and the metro is shite these days.

As insulting as it is to say, I think there’s some truth in what Agbonlahor is saying. Players do want to be in London.

London clubs use it as an attraction and often try to paint the north as a post industrial hell hole that rains all the time. Think one of the Manchester clubs got wind of the fact one of the London clubs were claiming that it rains all the time in Manchester in their presentation to a player, and had to tell the player that actually it rains more in London.

With that being said there’s a lot of buzz around us at the moment. We’re the richest club in the world, we’re ambitious  and can offer players a lot of money to compensate for that.

Personally I try to avoid the Metrocentre if possible, although if you just want to go for shopping I suppose it's more convenient for parking and everything under one roof. Much nicer to shop in Newcastle city centre IMO. 

As for players, how many shops do you actually need? London high streets are pretty similar to anywhere else, only difference is you get the same ones in different parts of London. So if you want a Starbucks you could get one in Oxford Street, or you could hop on the Tube and get one in Regent Street instead. 

There are far more shops in London. Particularly high end shops. I’ve been to London once, was great just browsing around all the designer shops even with the knowledge I couldn’t afford any it. I remember going in to the official Burberry shop, before I entered there was a tall handsome bloke in a tux whose job it was to stand outside the door and open it for customers. Once I started looking at the clothes I noticed none of them had price tags, I guess if you have to ask, you can’t afford it anyway. All the other shops were the same, Gucci, Armani etc. You don’t see that in Newcastle, not to mention London’s incredible architecture, and don’t even mention the cafe’s, boutiques and restaurants.

The weather is warmer in London too. Even if only just a few degrees. You can network there with other famous or influential individuals. London also has a number of airports which is beneficial for foreign players looking to get flights to countries that are more obscure.

there are downsides to London aswell mind. Crime being one, and prices being another, and traffic.

5 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

There are far more shops in London. Particularly high end shops. I’ve been to London once, was great just browsing around all the designer shops even with the knowledge I couldn’t afford any it. I remember going in to the official Burberry shop, before I entered there was a tall handsome bloke in a tux whose job it was to stand outside the door and open it for customers. Once I started looking at the clothes I noticed none of them had price tags, I guess if you have to ask, you can’t afford it anyway. All the other shops were the same, Gucci, Armani etc. You don’t see that in Newcastle, not to mention London’s incredible architecture, and don’t even mention the cafe’s, boutiques and restaurants.

The weather is warmer in London too. Even if only just a few degrees. You can network there with other famous or influential individuals. London also has a number of airports which is beneficial for foreign players looking to get flights to countries that are more obscure.

there are downsides to London aswell mind. Crime being one, and prices being another, and traffic.

It's also full of rude, entitled twats!

I was on the tube a while back and a little scrote had his phone music on speaker and was rapping out loud (badly). I must've had a 'you're a total cunt' look on my face because he looked me dead in the eye and rapped 'I'll shoot you in the lung, i'll shoot your Mum'. 

Just one example but i'm sure there are plenty more.

Genuinely couldn't name a single landmark or positive feature of Birmingham. The likes of Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool & London are brilliant for the odd break, whereas the Midlands is a complete non-entity. Seemingly an utterly disastrous education system too if Agbonlahor is representative. 

5 minutes ago, Foluwashola said:

Genuinely couldn't name a single landmark or positive feature of Birmingham. The likes of Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool & London are brilliant for the odd break, whereas the Midlands is a complete non-entity. Seemingly an utterly disastrous education system too if Agbonlahor is representative. 

Birmingham is a shithole. It's like all the worst parts of the country lifted and crammed in to one place.