Transfer rumours

Yorkie

7 hours ago, brummie said:

Oh, I didn't even know Agbonlahor was involved in this, I didn't look that back in the thread.

I dislike that cunt intensely. Makes himself out as Mr Aston Villa, yet spent years here masquerading as a 2 goal a season striker, and the absolute poster boy of the lack of any form of standards that saw us achieve a comedy relegation in 2015.

He's an absolute fucking bell end and the vast majority of sentient Villa fans would agree with that.

Apropos of nothing, but how is John Carew viewed in hindsight by Villa fans?

I lived in Bensham for years, nowt scary about the place man. 

However, there was one time when I was about 15 and I noticed 2 kids hiding near my front door so I opened it and asked what they were doing.

Then a few mins later around 30 Jewish folk ran around the corner. Kids told me "you can do them in because you're big". Thanks but no [emoji38]. Turns out they had been throwing fireworks at their houses and these Jews chased them away. They were proper apologetic. Police came (2 of them and a dog for all these people) and sorted it all out. 

That's about the worst that ever happened. 

:ructions:

24 minutes ago, Joey said:

I lived in Bensham for years, nowt scary about the place man. 

However, there was one time when I was about 15 and I noticed 2 kids hiding near my front door so I opened it and asked what they were doing.

Then a few mins later around 30 Jewish folk ran around the corner. Kids told me "you can do them in because you're big". Thanks but no [emoji38]. Turns out they had been throwing fireworks at their houses and these Jews chased them away. They were proper apologetic. Police came (2 of them and a dog for all these people) and sorted it all out. 

That's about the worst that ever happened. 

:ructions:

Going to say...Bensham is probably one of the least scary places round here.

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Is that where you saw the UFO? 

Cruddas Park, and my lasting memory of Bensham was early 90s, me and my mate on our bikes (we were over there as we were seeing some lasses) being jumped on by a gang of lads wanting our bikes and when we told them we were from Scotchy and there would be hell on, they were like fuck that, I knew Scotchy was rough, but I didn’t expect it to have a wide spreading reputation of that nature [emoji38] Saved us many a time, mind we were no angels…

I went to wingrove primary school when I lived round that area. Always wondered  how I'd have turned out had I stated down there. Think we live just west of Elswick. Drove through it once or twice over the years, main road where the Prince of Wales used to be and th Westfield still is (I think) looks rough as fuck. 

Just now, Dokko said:

I went to wingrove primary school when I lived round that area. Always wondered  how I'd have turned out had I stated down there. Think we live just west of Elswick. Drove through it once or twice over the years, main road where the Prince of Wales used to be and th Westfield still is (I think) looks rough as fuck. 

It’s worse now, and I’m sure you would have turned out fine, just like me :pow:

Just now, HTT II said:

It’s worse now, and I’m sure you would have turned out fine, just like me :pow:

[emoji38]

Tbf the coast has just as much drugs going on and I ended up there anyway 😂 Didn't end up in jail though like I know 2 of my school friends did (the only 2 we ever heard owt about)

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

[emoji38]

Tbf the coast has just as much drugs going on and I ended up there anyway 😂 Didn't end up in jail though like I know 2 of my school friends did (the only 2 we ever heard owt about)

I’d love to live in Whitley Bay/Tynemouth and aye many areas of our region even the nicer parts have their issues. A good mate of mine and an old class mate from the West End chopped up his mum’s partner after discovering they were lesbians, he was a good lad, hard as nails though and someone we kind of clung to as he could fight. I have several good mates either dead or in jail, what stopped me going that way was when my best mate got jailed, it literally made me shit myself and since then I can safely say I’ve been clean as a whistle. Being a dad/husband and working helps a great deal. Sadly there are a lot of lost souls out there… the West End though is fucked up, it’s a shit hole today and full of wrong un’s, and bad wrong un’s.

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I’d love to live in Whitley Bay/Tynemouth and aye many areas of our region even the nicer parts have their issues. A good mate of mine and an old class mate from the West End chopped up his mum’s partner after discovering they were lesbians, he was a good lad, hard as nails though and someone we kind of clung to as he could fight. I have several good mates either dead or in jail, what stopped me going that way was when my best mate got jailed, it literally made me shit myself and since then I can safely say I’ve been clean as a whistle. Being a dad/husband and working helps a great deal. Sadly there are a lot of lost souls out there… the West Dnd though is fucked up, it’s a shit hole today and full of wrong un’s, and bad wrong un’s.

Such a shame as in the late 80s there was a mint community spirit. I remember loads of things and events from my time there, I left just before I was 8. Lived in whitley and coast since and not had any of that connection to the community since. We see sparks of it here but it usually revolves around businesses trying to gst punters through the door or to a stall. 

If I was smart enough, I'd drag one of @HTT II's JWP posts across from the General NUFC thread.

There was some debate over whether he is attainable. For me, he'd be the first player I tried to sign for January 1. Solid CM with a wicked set piece - two massive gaps in our squad for the price of one. He's one player I think we should really be gunning hard for.

52 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Such a shame as in the late 80s there was a mint community spirit. I remember loads of things and events from my time there, I left just before I was 8. Lived in whitley and coast since and not had any of that connection to the community since. We see sparks of it here but it usually revolves around businesses trying to gst punters through the door or to a stall. 

It was really bad in the 90s, but you had unemployment at a high rate, I’d say it’s worse now, it just looks slightly better with the new builds and loads of takeaways, betting shops and broken up bus stops…

13 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

If I was smart enough, I'd drag one of @HTT II's JWP posts across from the General NUFC thread.

There was some debate over whether he is attainable. For me, he'd be the first player I tried to sign for January 1. Solid CM with a wicked set piece - two massive gaps in our squad for the price of one. He's one player I think we should really be gunning hard for.

Again, I’d rather pay say 50m for him even if it’s 20m over the price than pay 25m a piece on two mercenaries, he will give you almost a decade of service and is exactly the type of player we should be looking at. Is he attainable? Well Southampton’s whole model since they come back up is to buy potential and sell at a profit, Mane, van Dyke etc. etc. I’d fear we would have some serious competition for such a player though, I think he has real talent and would be great here.

8 minutes ago, CFlan said:

Why would JWP not be a mercenary in this hypothetical scenario? 

Really? He’s already shown he’s not by turning down several offers in the past, I think game time is more important to him than anything else, as it should be for any player worth their salt!

9 minutes ago, STM said:

Southampton won't sell JWP to us. 

A massive offer may tempt them, they are well organised when it comes to recruitment and replacing players…

If we paid even £10M for JWP, it'd be a waste of money. 

Shelvey is Howe's JWP. 

Howe wants a player to pass vertically in midfield, and alongside a runner. 

What fucked Howe in Bournemouth is that Billing from Huddersfield - could neither pass nor run; just loafed around gormless for 30 games a season. 

Surman(Lerma) was always his passer; Arter/Gosling(Billing) was always his cunt - runner. When he swapped a midfield of Surman/Arter that worked trenches in L1 to away against Chelsea, for a midfield of Billing/Lerma. 

Philip Billing would rather pick his physio's ear than track a midfield runner. He's about 7'2 but weak as piss, can't pass, can't run - just spends 64mins looking like a midfielder.

Forget the height, but that's Willock.  

1 hour ago, STM said:

Southampton won't sell JWP to us. 

I don’t buy that - they proved with van Dijk that they will sell for the right price. The player himself could be sold the vision of anchoring our midfield as we become a superclub…?

Edited by Raconteur

20 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

I don’t buy that - they proved with van Dijk that they will sell for the right price. The player himself could be sold the vision of anchoring our midfield as we become a superclub…?

Allowing a superstar in Van Dijk to deservedly make a move to a top 4 club is a bit different than selling one of their most consistent/important players to a direct rival.