Transfer rumours

Yorkie

24 minutes ago, steve_69 said:

It's also full of rude, entitled twats!

I was on the tube a while back and a little scrote had his phone music on speaker and was rapping out loud (badly). I must've had a 'you're a total cunt' look on my face because he looked me dead in the eye and rapped 'I'll shoot you in the lung, i'll shoot your Mum'. 

Just one example but i'm sure there are plenty more.

Well fair enough that was a bad experience, personally I found Londoners despite the stereotype to be quite friendly. There are plenty litttle scrotes up here who like to mc too. 

Footballers:

Money —————> Opportunity/Ambition ————- > Location

We will have no problem attracting the right players as we never have done and London, it’s not as if footballers can just walk down the high street and pop into shops, they usually live a reclusive life. If anything given our amazing countryside, footballers in the NE can be less reclusive and enjoy the fresh air more. 

I'm not English and tbh I haven't been to Newcastle before, but If I was a player and had to choose between any city in England (apart from London) and Newcastle, I'd choose Newcastle every time for the simple fact it's the closest major city to Scotland :love: :eek:

17 minutes ago, Khalidao said:

I'm not English and tbh I haven't been to Newcastle before, but If I was a player and had to choose between any city in England (apart from London) and Newcastle, I'd choose Newcastle every time for the simple fact it's the closest major city to Scotland :love: :eek:

It's not the worst reason tbf, Scotland is always a decent trip, it's a bit easier for us than if you were stuck in Birmingham or Coventry winding your way round the Spaghetti Junction getting more and more depressed at the sight of more slabs of concrete. 

Birmingham is a great place IMO, very diverse, I think it’s a cool City and although it has its rough parts, most cities do. London can be lovely in one area then half a mile around the corner you’ll walk into a shit hole, same with Newcastle. Look at Benwell/West End etc. I think people tend to think Birmingham is the West Midlands which does have many many shit areas that tend to get lumped in with it all. I’m biased mind as I have family there and visit a lot. Manchester is a class City as is Liverpool and Bristol is one of my fave places in the U.K. 

54 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Adama Traore available for £20m. Thoughts?

Yes, 100%. He's a threat every time he plays. People turning their noses up at a current Spanish international and arguably the fastest player in the league FFS! [emoji38]

Is he the most consistent player in the world? No. But him and ASM charging at defences would be great to watch.

35 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Birmingham is a great place IMO, very diverse, I think it’s a cool City and although it has its rough parts, most cities do. London can be lovely in one area then half a mile around the corner you’ll walk into a shit hole, same with Newcastle. Look at Benwell/West End etc. I think people tend to think Birmingham is the West Midlands which does have many many shit areas that tend to get lumped in with it all. I’m biased mind as I have family there and visit a lot. Manchester is a class City as is Liverpool and Bristol is one of my fave places in the U.K. 

Yeah, I was at the Bull Ring in Birmingham a few years ago and had a surprisingly great day out. It looks shit from the outside, but once you get into the centre there's plenty to be getting on with. 

Same can be said of Leeds and Manchester....and Newcastle. Any major city in Britain isn't going to be a bad place to live. It's annoying that we have wankers employed on TS specifically to wind people up, but I guess that's just life. 

16 minutes ago, steve_69 said:

Yes, 100%. He's a threat every time he plays. People turning their noses up at a current Spanish international and arguably the fastest player in the league FFS! [emoji38]

Is he the most consistent player in the world? No. But him and ASM charging at defences would be great to watch.

I'd take him as well fwiw for exactly that reason. 

1 hour ago, Foluwashola said:

Genuinely couldn't name a single landmark or positive feature of Birmingham. The likes of Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool & London are brilliant for the odd break, whereas the Midlands is a complete non-entity. Seemingly an utterly disastrous education system too if Agbonlahor is representative. 

Never been to Sheffield, but lived in Leeds and have visited the others a fair few times. Birmingham's actually really nice where I went near the canals and the NEC. I was really surprised by how nice it was, I fully expected it to be a shithole. 

For me Leeds is canny but has no focal point, Manchester's too spread out for nights out, and London's very hit or miss. I love Liverpool tbh, for me it has that same compact feel that Newcastle has where everything feels within walking distance. 

Edited by kisearch

52 minutes ago, HTT II said:

My fave Scottish city is probably Dundee, great place. Leeds is canny too! 

Dundee is an absolute hole. Lived there for 3 years and never wanted away from anywhere more.

It's best single highlight is the 24 hour bakery located in some godforsaken backstreet

Edited by gjohnson

11 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Dundee is an absolute hole. Lived there for 3 years and never wanted away from anywhere more.

It's best single highlight is the 24 hour bakery located in some godforsaken backstreet

I’ve only worked and partied there so I don’t know about living there, I think the actual centre is class, the people great and there are some fine drinking establishments. I love Scotland full-stop really, but there are some right shit holes and ot can be rough as fuck. They tend to really dislike the English, but seem to love Geordies. 

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

There are far more shops in London. Particularly high end shops. I’ve been to London once, was great just browsing around all the designer shops even with the knowledge I couldn’t afford any it. I remember going in to the official Burberry shop, before I entered there was a tall handsome bloke in a tux whose job it was to stand outside the door and open it for customers. Once I started looking at the clothes I noticed none of them had price tags, I guess if you have to ask, you can’t afford it anyway. All the other shops were the same, Gucci, Armani etc. You don’t see that in Newcastle, not to mention London’s incredible architecture, and don’t even mention the cafe’s, boutiques and restaurants.

The weather is warmer in London too. Even if only just a few degrees. You can network there with other famous or influential individuals. London also has a number of airports which is beneficial for foreign players looking to get flights to countries that are more obscure.

there are downsides to London aswell mind. Crime being one, and prices being another, and traffic.

This exactly. Less relevant for people from the U.K. but huge networks of communities of all countries, lots more choice in restaurants, shops and attractions and easier direct access home from Heathrow or the other airports. Day trip from St Pancras to Paris in two hours in luxury, similar to travelling from Newcastle to Manchester on the manky Trans-Pennine rattler.

Newcastle is a great city but London is a mega city and, despite its many downsides, has loads of upsides too. 

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’ve only worked and partied there so I don’t know about living there, I think the actual centre is class, the people great and there are some fine drinking establishments. I love Scotland full-stop really, but there are some right shit holes and ot can be rough as fuck. They tend to really dislike the English, but seem to love Geordies. 

I've lived all over Scotland and they seem to dislike English just for being English more than anywhere else and it probably coloured my opinion a bit. Even Aberdeen and Inverness were more tolerant.

Away from the Overgate area there's not a decent place around it....there used to be a decentish club (which i don't remember the name of), but it was a proper old school place with sticky carpets, cheap booze and pissed up students....usually on a local brew called 'Wee Beastie'

The downside to London is the traffic, the disparity in wealth and social class and the high crime as well as the huge cost of living. I hate working there, would hate to live there unless I was well off, but whenever I’ve been to visit family we usually have a very good time. There is lots to do, see and so many cool places under the radar and in general if you were say single and an explorer and happy to doss it now and then, it would be mint because there are so many different cultures and people from all over the world. I’ve always likened London to mini cities within one big city, all interconnecting yet different and it can be very overwhelming. The transport is pretty spot on though, even if it’s overcrowded. If I lived in London, I don’t think I’d own a car like. 

3 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

I've lived all over Scotland and they seem to dislike English just for being English more than anywhere else and it probably coloured my opinion a bit. Even Aberdeen and Inverness were more tolerant.

Away from the Overgate area there's not a decent place around it....there used to be a decentish club (which i don't remember the name of), but it was a proper old school place with sticky carpets, cheap booze and pissed up students....usually on a local brew called 'Wee Beastie'

Aye they have a right old chip on their shoulder about the English. 

4 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

For the uninformed...'Wee Beastie' was an alcopop made from Irn-bru and vodka

Newcastle as the centre of the NE/Northumberland is perfect in many ways, we have such a beautiful coastline, such a beautiful and diverse countryside and direct access to Scotland and we are spoiled in many ways having so much on our doorstep. The thing with London is it’s now an international City for internationals, it’s a hub for those overseas to work and live and hop in and out of from this country or that where as it used to be that for say Geordies going there to work or people from Scotland or Wales or other parts of England. Newcastle is very cosmopolitan these days if course, buts it’s not an international city and never will be, it’s very much home if that’s makes sense. London for many isn’t home, it’s work, it’s life, it’s a tube stop. I find it can be kind of cold, chaotic and borderline unnatural.