Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Thing is they're going to lose £100m and a year (not to mention pride) if we go down so they might as well hoy the kitchen sink at it now so it doesn't happen. Blow £200m and sit back for a couple of windows whilst we go up a few gears. 

No point being the richest club in the world if we're not going to think big.

Henderson

Aarons stones tarkowski lewis

.               Kamara

.        Phillips.    Coutinho

Traore                      ASM 

Wilson 

You could possibly loans to buy stones, Henderson & coutinho. Mandatory purchases if we stay up. Traore, jt and kamara are leaving on frees and Norwich sell players like hot cakes as long as the money is decent.

Backup LB and keep Dubs, manq, FF, schar, willock, fraser, hayden, Joelinton, Shelvey, miggy. Rest released or sold for scrap. Phase out a few on the backup list with frees etc..take punts on up and coming talents. 

Go all out. Make sure it can't happen. 

6 hours ago, Dokko said:

Aye, Britain's roughest pubs. :lol: amazing series. 

The Sportsman, I think it was called. Where one bloke put his glass eye in his cider to keep people from nicking it, and another who had his legs chopped off by an ambulance train that came to his rescue after falling on the tracks :lol:

Just now, Nobody said:

The Sportsman, I think it was called. Where one bloke put his glass eye in his cider to keep people from nicking it, and another who had his legs chopped off by an ambulance train that came to his rescue after falling on the tracks :lol:

Aye that's the one. That shit make it outside the UK then? Fuck me. I've been in a few places like that in my time but never quite as bad as they all are.

Something like.3 series of it as well 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Aye that's the one. That shit make it outside the UK then? Fuck me. I've been in a few places like that in my time but never quite as bad as they all are.

Something like.3 series of it as well 

I'm fairly certain I would have seen in the Jocularity thread on here :lol:

As someone who officially moved back to the North East from London on Monday night, I'm delighted to be out of there.

For some, London is a place to live. For many, it's a place to visit before going back home..... I'm the latter.

Edited by Ketsbaia

The list of players who’s contracts are about to run out would be a good place to start looking.

Expensive loans could be the sensible play. Mercenaries who will play well to earn a contract here or elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Thing is they're going to lose £100m and a year (not to mention pride) if we go down so they might as well hoy the kitchen sink at it now so it doesn't happen. Blow £200m and sit back for a couple of windows whilst we go up a few gears. 

No point being the richest club in the world if we're not going to think big.

Henderson

Aarons stones tarkowski lewis

.               Kamara

.        Phillips.    Coutinho

Traore                      ASM 

Wilson 

You could possibly loans to buy stones, Henderson & coutinho. Mandatory purchases if we stay up. Traore, jt and kamara are leaving on frees and Norwich sell players like hot cakes as long as the money is decent.

Backup LB and keep Dubs, manq, FF, schar, willock, fraser, hayden, Joelinton, Shelvey, miggy. Rest released or sold for scrap. Phase out a few on the backup list with frees etc..take punts on up and coming talents. 

Go all out. Make sure it can't happen. 

Love the enthusiasm and I was happy with Lewis today, but it'll take more than one performance to convince me.Better to buy a LB starter. If Lewis wins starting position, great. Since we're spending money and attracting big names, let's bring in Trippier.

24 minutes ago, Slim said:

Arsenal’s hopes of keeping hold of Eddie Nketiah have suffered another blow as the striker turned down the club's latest contract offer.

Anyone

Should do well in the Championship. him and mitro.

I think we will need a combination of loans from abroad, and maybe try to buy up some of the most promising talent in the lower divisions. Spending big money on top quality seems unlikely at the moment, a lot of them won't want to come while we are the bottom, and the ones that do will want a king's ransom. 

I know we are supposedly minted, but I don't think putting mercenaries on mega wages will be good for squad morale, or for our long term future. Howe should have a decent knowledge of the lower leagues so that should suit him as well. Of course if we can get a couple of real 5 star signings, that would be great, but can't really see how that happens at the moment.

On 01/12/2021 at 00:21, Ketsbaia said:

As someone who officially moved back to the North East from London on Monday night, I'm delighted to be out of there.

For some, London is a place to live. For many, it's a place to visit before going back home..... I'm the latter.

Ditto.

I lived central London for 10 years or so and I’d never go back to live. Don’t even like visiting any more, just totally done with it. 

Lingaard, Nat Phillips, Barkley, Tarkowski, Trippier and Winks have all been named in various sources today as our targets. Be happy with all of those, although I think a strong and mobile DM would be needed also. 

3 hours ago, Manxst said:

Lingaard, Nat Phillips, Barkley, Tarkowski, Trippier and Winks have all been named in various sources today as our targets. Be happy with all of those, although I think a strong and mobile DM would be needed also. 

I’d take Lingaard and Tarkowski, but we badly need someone to push Wilson and someone else to slot into CM

On 30/11/2021 at 16:34, Tomato Deuce said:

Whenever I think of Birmingham I always remember that documentary about the  pub that serves some kind of gnarly cider and the patrons that chew on glass :lol:

Birmingham is a great city. Great pubs, world class music venues, excellent restaurants, loads to do. Yes, it has all the benefits of a big city but that comes with all the down sides too.

As for that documentary, it's like judging Newcastle on some rough-arse boozer in Byker*

* I haven't lived in Newcastle since 1990, so apologies if Byker is now like Islington. I was going to refer to Bensham, where I lived in 1989 for a year - one of the most terrifying years of my life - but obviously, someone would raise the obvious contradiction that it's in Gateshead, not Newcastle.

3 minutes ago, brummie said:

Birmingham is a great city. Great pubs, world class music venues, excellent restaurants, loads to do. Yes, it has all the benefits of a big city but that comes with all the down sides too.

As for that documentary, it's like judging Newcastle on some rough-arse boozer in Byker*

* I haven't lived in Newcastle since 1990, so apologies if Byker is now like Islington. I was going to refer to Bensham, where I lived in 1989 for a year - one of the most terrifying years of my life - but obviously, someone would raise the obvious contradiction that it's in Gateshead, not Newcastle.

The flaw in people's discourse around Gabby's point is this - its not Birmingham vs Newcastle. It's him vs Newcastle. 

Both cities have a lot to offer and their shite parts, but for some muppet that's hardly left home to slate a place he's never lived is ridiculous. 

31 minutes ago, brummie said:

Agreed, and Bensham is probably worse today than in your time, it’s always been terrifying. 

Edited by HTT II

38 minutes ago, Thiago said:

The flaw in people's discourse around Gabby's point is this - its not Birmingham vs Newcastle. It's him vs Newcastle. 

Both cities have a lot to offer and their shite parts, but for some muppet that's hardly left home to slate a place he's never lived is ridiculous. 

Oh, I didn't even know Agbonlahor was involved in this, I didn't look that back in the thread.

I dislike that cunt intensely. Makes himself out as Mr Aston Villa, yet spent years here masquerading as a 2 goal a season striker, and the absolute poster boy of the lack of any form of standards that saw us achieve a comedy relegation in 2015.

He's an absolute fucking bell end and the vast majority of sentient Villa fans would agree with that.

Edited by brummie