Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I know it's been asked loads on here, and nobody can answer it, but for my own sanity I need to ask....

Why are we the only club in the league that didn't get any TV money? Why are we the only club in the league that can't find any money without selling?

£20m for Kenedy? Bite their hands off now!

I think its probably hard to answer as its not just one reason I think I consider the following factors:

we allow sales to be paid for by instalments but prefer to pay for ours up front

we try and budget for wages, misc fees etc at the time of purchase

we do not speculate on spending big at risk of league place not covering the additional spending

more than survival doesn't appear to be high on the owners agenda

Rafa down to 1 year of the deal buying what or who he wants and having him walk next year only for the next manager not to like Rafa's picks seems a likely risk at the minute

no guarantee we wont go down this year mainly due to our approach meaning not wanting to over stretch ever and have players on the books the championship cant afford to keep/letting them go for cheap as we are relegated

plus many others I guess Ashley being a bell end is off the list but should probably be number 1

Ashley won't let more come in when we're still carrying so many players that we can't shift that have no future here.

Mitrovic, Colback, Saivet, Lazaar, Sels, Mbemba. Carrying 6 players there who will never play another game for us no matter what all on good money.

It's just the way he works. 25 senior players at max as we can't register more.

Ashley won't let more come in when we're still carrying so many players that we can't shift that have no future here.

Mitrovic, Colback, Saivet, Lazaar, Sels, Mbemba. Carrying 6 players there who will never play another game for us no matter what all on good money.

Probably £200 000 in wages that lot.

Guest neesy111

Think it's more like £300,000 with how large our wage bill has been in recent seasons.

But the last set of accounts showed we'd paid off the likes of these already in the accounts for last year. They therefore shouldn't affect this years budget and any money gained from them leaving is a bonus.

Guest neesy111

But the last set of accounts showed we'd paid off the likes of these already in the accounts for last year. They therefore shouldn't affect this years budget and any money gained from them leaving is a bonus.

1) We don't know which players were paid off from an accounting point of view.

2) That was in the promotion season.

Oh I know we don't know who, but I image a few of those were on that list. Saivet, Lazaar and Sels would say definite. As for it being promotion I don't see how that matters ? The fact is the wages should out of the budget for this year so shouldn't go against Rafa.

Guest neesy111

Oh I know we don't know who, but I image a few of those were on that list. Saivet, Lazaar and Sels would say definite. As for it being promotion I don't see how that matters ? The fact is the wages should out of the budget for this year so shouldn't go against Rafa.

We still have to pay those players though, we were writing off liabilities from an accounting point of view.  Probably in preparation for a sale.

So if our wage budget is £1.75m a week, having to pay still £300k on players that won't play for us is a massive chunk tbh.  I personally think Sels will be given away on a free transfer because of his wages

Guest neesy111

Ah right I see

It's the reason why the real loss was only £15m, not £45m.  As £30m was writing down players contracts and other assets, as a players contract is what they are worth from an accounting point of view.

We still have to pay those players though, we were writing off liabilities from an accounting point of view.  Probably in preparation for a sale.

So if our wage budget is £1.75m a week, having to pay still £300k on players that won't play for us is a massive chunk tbh.  I personally think Sels will be given away on a free transfer because of his wages

Doubt it. We turned down Anderlecht's £2m or so offer because it wasn't enough.

Guest neesy111

Doubt it. We turned down Anderlecht's £2m or so offer because it wasn't enough.

Eventually, we are probably just playing hard ball with them and probably trying to find other buyers first.  We have 5 GK's on our books, clubs will be looking at that thinking they have to get rid of him eventually.

Ah right I see

It's the reason why the real loss was only £15m, not £45m.  As £30m was writing down players contracts and other assets, as a players contract is what they are worth from an accounting point of view.

Yep, makes sense really .

"Jorgensen will never be the most-mobile striker, or even the most technically-gifted, but he fits the mould of the type of forward Benitez appears to want; a tall, powerful, targetman who can bring his team-mates into play and hopefully score 10-to-15 goals a season."

This makes fuck all sense. I thought he wanted a mobile striker to run the channels and that's why Mitrovic had to go?

Whose quote is that?

It doesn't really make much sense or show an any understanding of the player. Jorgensen is much more mobile than Mitrovic, he even used to be a winger which would suggest running the channels is quite a natural part of him game. Not every tall, physical striker has the same attributes.

kenedy will be worth double what they are asking in a couple of years, just pay it ffs.

A season long loan deal (if we balk at the current price) will most likely add to the highlight reel footage & scouting reports, ultimately pushing him further out of the club's alternative reality in terms of what 'our' going rate is (which is years behind everybody else).

Nee chance, I reckon, that Chelsea would agree to a buy option with a modest fee being attached to another loan. They'd be mad to do that. A hefty premium tends to accompany Chelsea's talented youngsters stuck in loan limbo, who on the fringe of their first team (but always pushed further away by mature, expensive new arrivals).

Armstrong could probably do the same job Gayle done for us last season. IE. run about a lot and try to link up play, not really threatening too much in the meantime. He's probably a better footballer than Gayle too, although Gayle is perhaps stronger & more combative - something yet to be seen from Armstrong.