Transfer rumours

Yorkie

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/03/fulham-closing-20m-signing-aleksandar-mitrovic/

Newcastle are also trying to land Chelsea winger Kenedy for around £20m and the player is keen to sign for the club permanently after spending the second-half of last season on loan on Tyneside. However, a potential stumbling block in those negotiations is that Chelsea will insist on a buy back clause in his contract.

Would be shite but depends on the buyback fee. If it's double what we're buying him for it'd be acceptable.

I’d imagine it would be roughly double.  I think that was the deal when Man City sold Iheanacho to Leicester.

Ashley would be happy with that, no doubt.

Okay so its looking like this could potentially be our summer. (Still likely we sign no one)

Ki for Merino.

Townsend for Ritchie.

Plea for Mitrovic.

Kenedy

Dubravka.

Would people be happy with that?

Would be shite but depends on the buyback fee. If it's double what we're buying him for it'd be acceptable.

I’d imagine it would be roughly double.  I think that was the deal when Man City sold Iheanacho to Leicester.

Realistically they'll never buy him back will they? They have enough money to buy better and more expensive players whenever they need to.

Realistically they'll never buy him back will they? They have enough money to buy better and more expensive players whenever they need to.

Not when he becomes the best player in the world under Rafa.

And loans to clubs in the same league.

Loan market should be banned.

Should be heavily regulated and restricted but not scrapped. There's still plenty of merit in sending young players who've played academy and reserve footy only out to the lower leagues for a season, just not in the way Chelsea completely take the piss.

I guess it depends on how good he becomes.  If in 3 years time he’s bagging 20 goals and 10 assists for a mid table Prem team then spending £40m on him rather than £60-£80m on a player from another team is a no-brainer.  If they didn’t rate his potential they wouldn’t insert a buy back clause in the first place.

Okay so its looking like this could potentially be our summer. (Still likely we sign no one)

Ki for Merino.

Townsend for Ritchie.

Plea for Mitrovic.

Kenedy

Dubravka.

Would people be happy with that?

Would like to tweak the defence a tad (see ponsaelius' post) but if what you've posted is what happens then I'd say that's a decent summer.