How would you rank the current PL Managers?

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

At Man U, you’ve got Bruno Fernandes, world class. Kobbie Mainoo, looks quality. Hojlund, excellent target man striker with strength and pace as well. He’ll continue to develop. Garnacho is a fantastic player. Onana, poor keeper, your defence needs work, you need more quality in midfield. I think Ten Hag is shite in the transfer market. Hojlund was a good buy, Mason Mount shocking, Antony very poor buy, Onana, very poor buy. Those are major warning signs against Ten Hag

Onana has massively improved lately, so I'd be giving him a chance. It's his first season, and we've had 21 different centre back combinations. Likewise with Mount, he hasn't been shocking, he's just been injured. Is Tonali a shocking signing because he's been unavailable? Antony, fully agree despite what he did yesterday. 

Our defence is just missing one more quality centre back. The likelyhood is that we won't renew Varane (sadly) and will sign a top quality centre back in the summer. Dalot (who will probably be our player of the season), Martinez, new CB and Shaw is a quality defence IMO. There is a lot made of how bad we're supposed to be defensively, but we've the fourth best defence in the league and that's with nearly two of them injured at all times.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Onana has massively improved lately, so I'd be giving him a chance. It's his first season, and we've had 21 different centre back combinations. Likewise with Mount, he hasn't been shocking, he's just been injured. Is Tonali a shocking signing because he's been unavailable? Antony, fully agree despite what he did yesterday. 

Our defence is just missing one more quality centre back. The likelyhood is that we won't renew Varane (sadly) and will sign a top quality centre back in the summer. Dalot (who will probably be our player of the season), Martinez, new CB and Shaw is a quality defence IMO. There is a lot made of how bad we're supposed to be defensively, but we've the fourth best defence in the league and that's with nearly two of them injured at all times.

I’ve enjoyed our chat. I do massively rate Dalot too. Let’s see how your summer window goes and where we’re at this time next year with Ten Hag, Howe and Poch. Would be good if you could put a pin or reminder into the forum to come back to stuff a year later 

Prefer to put them into just tiers/groups with likely Arteta, Emery never going below that 2nd one, Poch swings to 3rd one often but he’s achieved a great deal in his career. The entire 3rd tier goes up and down and so on. 

Pep

Klopp

Arteta

Emery

Poch

Howe

ETH

Ange 

De Zerbi

Moyes

O’Neil

Franck

Silva

Iraola 

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’ve enjoyed our chat. I do massively rate Dalot too. Let’s see how your summer window goes and where we’re at this time next year with Ten Hag, Howe and Poch. Would be good if you could put a pin or reminder into the forum to come back to stuff a year later 

:lol: I don't forget. I'll remind you when we win the treble.

Not done them all but for the bigger clubs I would rank like this . Not much in it though and I wouldn't swap Eddie for anyone barring the top two.

Pep

Klopp

Arteta

Emery

Howe

Postecoglou

De Zebri

Pochettino

Erik Ten Hag

Arteta needs to win the league or champions league to be put in the same bracket as Pep and Klopp.

Edited by Geogaddi

48 minutes ago, Froggy said:

You can tell how much people hate Arteta like. :lol:

Arsenal are top. Best attack and the best defence. The football they've been playing has been quality.

Arteta has been class I'm not denying that, but I'm basing Emery as higher due to his career to date, Emery has won multiple European trophies, and have had success at multiple clubs.

As good as Arteta has been, he's only won the FA Cup in his managerial career to date, and his clubs have fallen short over the last two seasons, that said I do think Arteta (along with Alonso) will be the best in class of the next generation of manager.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Arteta has been class I'm not denying that, but I'm basing Emery as higher due to his career to date, Emery has won multiple European trophies, and have had success at multiple clubs.

As good as Arteta has been, he's only won the FA Cup in his managerial career to date, and his clubs have fallen short over the last two seasons, that said I do think Arteta (along with Alonso) will be the best in class of the next generation of manager.

Oh aye sorry. I was still in Bandit's mindset of judging them based on this season. 

I'd say it's harsh to have Arteta anywhere lower than top if we're basing it on now. 

Edited by Froggy

I can only rank the jobs they've done at their clubs:

Pep: A

Klopp: A

Arteta: B+

Emery: A-/B+

Ange : B

ETH: C

Moyes: B

DeZerbi: B+

O'Neill: B

Howe: B 

Howe finishes 10th it's a C+, qualify for Europe it's B+.

Edited by The College Dropout

The elite

Pep

Klopp

Top Level Managers

Arteta

Emery

Might be really good and better than the rest

Ange

De Zerbi

Solid Managers

Silva

Oniel

Iraola

Frank

Average PL Managers with highs and lows

Moyes

Howe

Nuno

Ten Hag

Poch

Dyche

Tough situation so hard to judge

Kompany

Glasner

Edwards

Absolute shit

Wilder

One of the reasons I want Howe out, is although he is good, the rest of the field are good too he doesnt stand out and the top 6 managers in this league are a level above him.

3 minutes ago, TRC said:

One of the reasons I want Howe out, is although he is good, the rest of the field are good too he doesnt stand out and the top 6 managers in this league are a level above him.

What is this based on exactly?  Why is Emery a level above Howe? 

And how on Gods green earth is Frank above Howe?

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

What is this based on exactly?  Why is Emery a level above Howe? 

And how on Gods green earth is Frank above Howe?

I think its clear Emery is well above Howe, just look at his resume.

I rate Frank, they have had by far the worst injuries in the league this year and they have still done pretty well, always give the big teams a game and thats due to tactics. They are on a brutal run, but they have their second best player out, the worst keeper in the league and their full defence out.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

If Howe saved a club from relegation, qualified for the Champions League, then qualified for Europa despite an unprecedented injury crisis he'd get a B+. Generous. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Personally think it's this as things stand. I'm much more about bang for your buck, so achievements within context rather than just achievements alone, hence Klopp above Guardiola, Howe above, say, Postecoglou.

Jurgen Klopp

Pep Guardiola

Unai Emery

Mikel Arteta

Eddie Howe

Ange Postecoglou

Mauricio Pochettino

Erik Ten Hag

David Moyes

Roberto De Zerbi

Marco Silva

Sean Dyche

Thomas Frank

Nuno Espírito Santo 

Gary O’Neil

Andoni Iraola

Rob Edwards

Vincent Kompany

Oliver Glasner

Chris Wilder

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

I think its clear Emery is well above Howe, just look at his resume.

I rate Frank, they have had by far the worst injuries in the league this year and they have still done pretty well, always give the big teams a game and thats due to tactics. They are on a brutal run, but they have their second best player out, the worst keeper in the league and their full defence out.

Look at Howe's resume. You're focusing on trophies, which is fair enough. Mourinho has trophies though, and I'd take Howe every day of the week over him. What Howe achieved last year and at Bournemouth was miracle work IMO.

If Ten Hag was sacked and the fans were given a choice between Emery or Howe, 99/100 would pick Howe.

19 minutes ago, TRC said:

The elite

Pep

Klopp

Top Level Managers

Arteta

Emery

Might be really good and better than the rest

Ange

De Zerbi

Solid Managers

Silva

Oniel

Iraola

Frank

Average PL Managers with highs and lows

Moyes

Howe

Nuno

Ten Hag

Poch

Dyche

Tough situation so hard to judge

Kompany

Glasner

Edwards

Absolute shit

Wilder

Howay man [emoji38]

Just now, The Prophet said:

Emery is an odd one. Brilliant cup manager, but finishing 4th with Villa will probably be his best league-based achievement in around a decade.

Was PSG his only job when he could realistically win the league?

10 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Look at Howe's resume. You're focusing on trophies, which is fair enough. Mourinho has trophies though, and I'd take Howe every day of the week over him. What Howe achieved last year and at Bournemouth was miracle work IMO.

If Ten Hag was sacked and the fans were given a choice between Emery or Howe, 99/100 would pick Howe.

Tbf to Mourinho. He has been an elite coach and will retire as one of the greatest coaches in the last 30 years. Past his peak and all that now and I hope we don't get him in.

14 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

If Howe saved a club from relegation, qualified for the Champions League, then qualified for Europa despite an unprecedented injury crisis he'd get a B+. Generous. 

I've only given A's to Klopp & Pep.

For me Howe could only get an A with CL qualification or a Cup win this season. Couldn't ask for anything more.

I think qualifying for Conference League would be a good season all things. Hence the B+.

I missed someone out:

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I can only rank the jobs they've done at their clubs:

Pep: A

Klopp: A

Arteta: B+

Emery: A-/B+

Ange : B

ETH: C

Moyes: B

DeZerbi: B+

O'Neill: B

Howe: B 

Poch: D

Silva: B-

Poch hasn't done a good job in a long time as a coach now.