Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

Fucking brilliant day :) love that they didn't take their foot off the neck/gas either. Felt a bit for the Huddersfield keeper like, lass looked sick of her life whole second half.

Good to meet you as well @Stifler, will get you a pint back next season :thup:

21 minutes ago, 54 said:

Burnley lost today too, so it didn't even matter what result we got in the end :lol: 

Forest could have still won the league if we lost, and still mathematically if we drew. They weren't playing today.

Huddersfield needed at least a point to keep their survival hopes alive. Imagine the team talk before the game, let's keep this tight as long as possible, and see if we can convert a set piece, out of the window within 11 seconds [emoji38]

12 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Huddersfield needed at least a point to keep their survival hopes alive. Imagine the team talk before the game, let's keep this tight as long as possible, and see if we can convert a set piece, out of the window within 11 seconds [emoji38]

Could easily have been double the actual score. I don't think Huddersfield had an attempt at goal the whole game.

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

Forgive my ignorance, this puts them into the league below the women's super league, right?

Yeah, sort of, I believe it’s classed as part of the WSL, but the Championship level.

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Forgive my ignorance, this puts them into the league below the women's super league, right?

Aye with the mackems and Durham. Unless 2 go up

Delighted for the lasses. I'm sure another promotion to the WSL is coming in the next couple of years as well. Some achievement given where they were a couple of years ago under Ashley trying to fund themselves.

On a side note I love seeing the likes of Katie Barker still involved at the club having been there since before the takeover when the team was neglected. Bet she can't believe where the club is now in such a short period of time. 

Edited by Decky

9 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Aye with the mackems and Durham. Unless 2 go up

WSL is only one down and one up! Which is a bit shite.

Palace currently on 42 points with the mackems on 40. Mackems at home to third placed Charlton and Palace away to second bottom Lewes next but then play each other in the final fixture which could be a winner takes all match.

26 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Palace currently on 42 points with the mackems on 40. Mackems at home to third placed Charlton and Palace away to second bottom Lewes next but then play each other in the final fixture which could be a winner takes all match.

Had a feeling it was something stupid like that mind. 

33 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Any chance of the top flight expanding due to the massive growth the last few years? (16-18 teams perhaps)

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Any chance of the top flight expanding due to the massive growth the last few years? (16-18 teams perhaps)

They probably will soon enough, they are separating from the FA either next season, or the season after.

To keep up with the increase of income for the league, TV broadcasters will likely want more teams. A 22 games season is rather light.

Edited by Stifler

Just got home and I can't get my head around how emotional I was at the end. I'm a week off 55 and obviously the only trophy I've seen us win is the Division 1 / Championship back under Keegan, Hughton and Rafa. Since Keegan left our only two successes were great and enjoyable but the lack of hope stopped emotion getting the better of me. Since the takeover I've got all the hope back and today I realised that I have so much emotional investment in the whole club that, following the success today, I couldn't contain it any longer. Yes, the tears flowed at the lasses success. How on earth that crept up on me I have no idea. I spend all my time and cash following our great club and I knew success was coming, I just didn't know how it would affect me. My wife and daughter can't believe how soft I am but Amanda, Mehrdad, Jamie and PIF have given me so much more than I realised. What a frigging weekend!!! 

The day we win the Premiership, a cup or the WSL I will be to take away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not convinced you'd have got another 3,000 in today like, for all the stadium is rated 10,300 apparently.

Stand opposite filled up a bit more than this after I took the video. I thought the announcer gave the crowd as 10k+ rather than 7k+ and I believed him