Newcastle United Women

toontownman

Reguarding some previous posts:

I agree that our forward line will not have it all it's own way. As I said in an earlier post, the further up the pyramid you go, the better defences are (in terms of players and organisation). That ,obviously, makes forward's jobs far more difficult. That is true, as well, in the men's game. We seem to be recruiting players who CAN win the league we are in if things go well. That is not to say they will win it. The other alternative is to pay through the nose for 'mercenaries', who are willing to drop down the leagues for money (assuming it's not love of the team / project). Again, as with the men's game, this can go badly wrong, given the potential personalities of such players. Where we have recruited players from higher leagues, which we have each promotion, we look to have tried to avoid this and the impact it would have on a, seemingly, well-jelled bunch. That's not to say there is no disgruntlement among the players who've been dropped. There, inevitably, will be. Football is a vicious game. Being an (ex)-teacher, I've seen my fill of kids being dropped in a instant, with a brief meeting to tell them the 'bad' news. Very few have 'made it'. We seem to want to keep at least a hint of a upwardly functional set-up though. As it's worked so far, fine. I'm sure it will change if it stops working.

Edited by Cclay