Newcastle United Women

toontownman

3 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I don't know if they'll just keep it to the lower bowl again so maybe not quite doubled but I would have thought we'll be well into the 20s

Yeah, I'd say it'll be the lower bowl only

5 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I don't know if they'll just keep it to the lower bowl again so maybe not quite doubled but I would have thought we'll be well into the 20s

Weren't the first games at SJP just going to be 1 stand but as demand grew they opened more ?

56 minutes ago, Heron said:

Got to be great for womens football that Newcastle are taking so many fans, even if it is intermittent.

Rtg think it's the end of all that is good.

The same board that called their player of the season "a bit fat" when she joined us.

Didn’t feel there was much improvement from watching them for my only previous time when they played SJP the first time. Number 23 still the standout player. Maybe the midfielder with the long ponytail also looked to have some potential. 

It will be interesting to see what sort of crowd they attract. I believe the below are the competitive games they have had at SJP, and the respective attendances:

May 2022 - Alnwick, 22,134, Tier 4 league

Nov 2022 - Barnsley, 28, 565 FA Cup

April 2023 - Bradford, 24,092, Tier 3 league

Feb 2024 - Portsmouth, 22,307, Tier 2 Cup semi final

Plus SELA Cup friendlies in the summer of 2023 and 2024.

I was thinking the time of year might impact things, but then the one in November 2 years ago was the best crowd they have attracted. Pricing could be a big factor as to whether it gets early twenties or early thirties, but it's almost certainly going to break yesterdays record either way. I've been to the last 2 matches but my brother and his 2 young sons says they aren't fussed of going this time, so I'm not sure if I'll go.