Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

Funny thing, I never thought there was anything strange about a woman wearing a Shearer 9 top but it looks proper weird and creepy a bloke wearing Galloway 18. It's not obviously, and she's really good, it just feels very different somehow :lol:

Edited by OpenC

I watched most of the first half, and had it on in the second half, but was mainly concentrating on Forest vs Villa. It's much better on YouTube as you can pause it and rewind back, which I did for the 2 goals in the second half.

Burnley won 3-1, and Forest beat Wolves 2-0 at home, which I'm not sure if good or bad. Looking at the table, and especially the GD, it does look like those 3 (and Newcastle) will be the ones up there at the end of the season. Newcastle did beat Forest 3-0 in the cup but week, but sounded like it was closer than the score line suggested according to NFTV (Newcastle Fans, not Forest).

Newcastle are away to Forest in 2 weeks in the next league match.

5 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I watched most of the first half, and had it on in the second half, but was mainly concentrating on Forest vs Villa. It's much better on YouTube as you can pause it and rewind back, which I did for the 2 goals in the second half.

Burnley won 3-1, and Forest beat Wolves 2-0 at home, which I'm not sure if good or bad. Looking at the table, and especially the GD, it does look like those 3 (and Newcastle) will be the ones up there at the end of the season. Newcastle did beat Forest 3-0 in the cup but week, but sounded like it was closer than the score line suggested according to NFTV (Newcastle Fans, not Forest).

Newcastle are away to Forest in 2 weeks in the next league match.

Wolves losing is good, I would definitely expect them to be up there at the end of the season. 

Most likely the league will be won by very small margains given only 12 (I think) teams on league, so it's so important not to drop points to lower teams, and then not to lose against the top teams!!

4 minutes ago, iklgizmo said:

Wolves losing is good, I would definitely expect them to be up there at the end of the season. 

Most likely the league will be won by very small margains given only 12 (I think) teams on league, so it's so important not to drop points to lower teams, and then not to lose against the top teams!!

nuw.thumb.png.d134cc067d4fe2484c879e3cf46fc3bd.png

Yeah, 12 teams, 22 matches. Last season was extremely close between the 3 teams in question, only 2 points separating the 3, but Forest had the best GD by a long way, and won the league via that.

A draw might have been better as both sides would have dropped points, but Wolves winning looked the worst outcome because (without looking at who they have both played) Forest were averaging 2 points per game before today, whereas Wolves were averaging 2.28, plus an away win would have been a bit of a statement.

Daisy Burt won the award for Tyneside's most promising youngster last night - can't recall the username but her dad was on here I think? Must be mad proud 

EDIT: First ever female winner too, awesome 

Edited by LiquidAK

I went today as I live in Manchester, very professional performance in the end.

The two goals we conceded were due to a lack of concentration (the first) and the ball looping over Donnelly from a long range effort (the second). Other than those two instances, we controlled the game well.

I think they look really promising as a team. Not sure who played today but the back line always looks solid, Elysia Boddy and Kacie Elson in particular are great in midfield, and most of the forwards looked menacing last time out.  Would love to see them start doing well and climbing the leagues with the way the women's game is taking off now.