Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

6 minutes ago, christ said:

Taking the daughter tomorrow. Her only previous matchday experience she burst into tears when we scored because of the noise. Hoping that the lasses game is a bit more sedate.

Have you thought about some ear defenders for her, or some noice cancelling headphones?

It seems to be an increasingly big issue now. My fiancée had some ear defenders, but now often uses noise cancelling headphones as pound noises get to her.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Have you thought about some ear defenders for her, or some noice cancelling headphones?

It seems to be an increasingly big issue now. My fiancée had some ear defenders, but now often uses noise cancelling headphones as pound noises get to her.

She’s not usually that bothered by loud noises, I just think she didn’t expect everyone around her to lose their minds :lol:

7 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Does anyone know roughly how many tickets have been sold?

Just looked on the website and all lower/middle Gallowgate sold out. All East Stand is sold out and a load in lower Leazes sold.

If I had to guess I’d say about 16k?

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Don't pound her then, at least not at the match.

16 hours ago, Danh1 said:

Just looked on the website and all lower/middle Gallowgate sold out. All East Stand is sold out and a load in lower Leazes sold.

If I had to guess I’d say about 16k?

That would be pretty disappointing. Obviously great generally for a women's match, but they were getting 24-28k when a league lower, not professional, and not as integrated within the wider clubs social media and marketing campaigns.

I'll be going with 3 others, and my first time watching them live, so I can't remember, but were the tickets cheaper than £5 for the previous matches? It's also about 10 months since the last competitive match there, so it's not like they were trying to squeeze matches in and it becomes less of a novelty.

9 minutes ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

I was in the box office yesterday and they said they had sold 19500 by lunchtime so we should be up to 22-24.

There could well be a fight for final tickets if we win

No record crowd then.

I guess only having 2/3 weeks for tickets instead of the extended period to buy tickets the last times they have played at SJP doesn’t help.

17 minutes ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

I was in the box office yesterday and they said they had sold 19500 by lunchtime so we should be up to 22-24.

There could well be a fight for final tickets if we win

Where's the final held?

There still is a stigma with women's football. The guys I work with have zero interest and believe it has no entertainment whatsoever.

The difference in quality this season to previous is huge. 

Hopefully it's a great game and can raise Kingston park crowds from 2-4000 till the end of the season 

17 minutes ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

There still is a stigma with women's football. The guys I work with have zero interest and believe it has no entertainment whatsoever.

Hopefully it's a great game and can raise Kingston park crowds from 2-4000 till the end of the season 

Some people will just not be swayed because of their previous preconceptions of women's football, or what all the other lads think.

I go with the bairns so maybe it's an easier in for me, but I went to my first game with my mam as a day out whi h led to me bringing the bairns.

Gets them into the groove of the toon considering getting them to the men's is a hard task these days.

20,000 would be a canny effort all the same like, ten times what goes to Kingston Park, and it's not like Kingston Park is anywhere near selling out.

Rosie's is much more civil than usual

Edited by OpenC

1 hour ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

As I think I've already said, I coached girls (and boys) for more than 25 years (including some who have gone on to play professionally), until I was forced to take ill-health retirement. I've had dads literally hide behind bushes to watch their daughter, because they were so reluctant to watch girls. The same dads watched their brothers no problem. Men are strange .. and I am one. That is nothing to say how ashamed their daughters were of them. I will say though, I had a good few come up to me, after the game, and say how much they enjoyed it and appear from the bushes next time / help out with transport. Sure, it's not boy's / men's football but it has its own pleasure ... just like watching any game.

Edited by Cclay

Also seems to be on official sight. I guess it wasn't announced to push up the gate figures. It's usually announced late anyway ... probably for the same reason.

3 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Can you usually hear the speakers in the Strawberry Corner? Terrible sound here 

I always find that they’re shit there and level 7, yet deafening everywhere else