Southampton P-P Newcastle United (02/01/2022)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

We've been improving, game by game, under EH. If we'd had no injuries or Covid cases after the Man United game...we'd have beaten Everton and Southampton, IMO. We turned a corner. It absolutely was not a guaranteed win against us from either of those teams. 

We've been much better under EH and apart from man c and Liverpool as you write those games off - we've done okay with us being disappointed with draws a lot. Most of those draws down to stupidness and errors, I'm personally really happy with the upturn in our performances.

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Don’t give this clown the time of day. He’ll be away back to the Southampton forum telling them he’s got us all rattled 

Oh yes. Small time club looking for any victory. Remind you of anyone? Must be a red and white thing 

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Don’t give this clown the time of day. He’ll be away back to the Southampton forum telling them he’s got us all rattled 

I'm keeping fingers crossed for a full on invasion. 

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

We'll e-fuck them into oblivion. 

You sure? I think the last time N-O made off-forum enemies we were all informed we were virgins. I could be misremembering, though. 

Just now, wormy said:

You sure? I think the last time N-O made off-forum enemies we were all informed we were virgins. I could be misremembering, though. 

Sure even stiflers popped his cherry since then.

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Don't have a problem with fans being upset. We would be the same if the shoe was on the other foot. At the same time I have no problem with us playing the system if that's what we have done. They should have just cancelled all or none. Just another of the endless list of inconsistencies within the league. 

Not really sure what Southampton think they will achieve with an appeal. Nothing wrong with them doing so if they think it's been handled unfairly but the league already opened pandoras box. 

Aye I can completely understand Southampton fans wanting the game to go ahead. It's when they bring some kind or moral argument into it as if we're the only club and fanbase who would do or advocate for this, and act like they wouldn't be the exact same if the positions were reversed. Same with the takeover.

If we were still owned by Ashley this kind of thing would stick in the throat, but as it is I just find it pretty funny.

1 hour ago, ShearersArmpit said:

Bollocks is it. No class in faking injuries to get a game cancelled. More class in turning up and winning. Burnley have shown class. We haven't. 

Who gives a fuck man[emoji38]

We're trying to stop ourselves from being relegated not make football friends you dopey cunt.

What is it with fans of teams that play in red and white stripes? Is it just years of pent up anger at picking the worst colour combination in football? 

Still not sure if this is a mackem or a Saints fan, but at this point does it even matter?

As an aside, fuck The Train Line. :lol: Got my hopes up with them extending the free rebooking offer until 31st March.

Just went to reschedule and my £40 return is now conveniently £85 no matter what date or time I want to rebook for. So even with the original ticket being refunded I'll effectively be paying double if I want to go whenever it's rescheduled.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

What is it with fans of teams that play in red and white stripes? Is it just years of pent up anger at picking the worst colour combination in football? 

Still not sure if this is a mackem or a Saints fan, but at this point does it even matter?

Maybe we'll know for sure when someone on one of their forums makes one of those cute little combined club crests. 

It's absolutely none of Southampton's business who has Covid in our squad - they have no right to be given the information. 

Quite interesting that there's been a lot of talk about player welfare this last week, this just shows that what it really means is at their own club. If they can take advantage of welfare issues at other clubs they'll try their very best to do so. 

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

It's absolutely none of Southampton's business who has Covid in our squad - they have no right to be given the information. 

Quite interesting that there's been a lot of talk about player welfare this last week, this just shows that what it really means is at their own club. If they can take advantage of welfare issues at other clubs they'll try their very best to do so. 

It is when it's mixed with injuries which can't be confirmed.  That's the issue.