Southampton P-P Newcastle United (02/01/2022)

HaydnNUFC

As soon as Man U (and Spurs too) complained that they couldn't put a team out a few weeks ago and the PL, naturally, caved and postponed their fixtures it opened the door for everyone to wade in. The PL had the perfect opportunity to act decisively and they fucked it. They let themselves be railroaded into giving them exactly what they asked for (heard that one before) and now it's a bit of a shambles. 

They could have refused and made them play. They didn't.

They could have called a circuit breaker and cancelled the League for 2 weeks. They didn't.

They could have drawn up a different set of conditions needed to postpone a game. They didn't.

All clubs are working to this criteria and all the crying that Southampton fans are doing counts for precisely fuck all. Suck it up, dry your eyes  and get on with it.

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I have seen clubs get games called off for injuries to key players before Covid was about.

Example?

12 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Saints fans, just so we know, is it just us that's cheating asking for postponements within the PL rules or every team that's had a game postponed?

Anyway, these fuckers gave us Pardew so fuck them :lol:

They also gave us Kevin Keegan, so no fuck them from me....

edit..just remembered all those goals that Matt Le T fella scored against us...yep fuck them[emoji38]

Edited by Dancing Brave

I assume Southampton would soldier on in the same circumstances? 

So easy for a team to kick up a fuss when the only injury/Covid cases they have is to their goalkeeper and a second choice defender.

I would be perfectly happy for them to be annoyed if they had just come through an outbreak and didn’t request any postponements, but we all know they’d be calling every game off in the same situation.

9 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I don’t get it. Don’t we have legit Covid and injury cases?

I have seen clubs get games called off for injuries to key players before Covid was about.

It was only a couple of months ago we had to play a game without our manager because he had Covid, it’s not like we haven’t been trying to cope.

We also had to use a squad place for an extra keeper cause of Covid.

Edited by madras

20 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

It's a matter of time before "mackem in peace" joins that forum :D

In fairness they’re a bit similar to the Mackems. Same identikit stadium that cost less than Joelinton to build, less prosperous city than their neighbour and a club that have spent some time in League One recently. 

8 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

In fairness they’re a bit similar to the Mackems. Same identikit stadium that cost less than Joelinton to build, less prosperous city than their neighbour and a club that have spent some time in League One recently. 

Same kits

10 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Zero fucks given from our new owners :lol:

Love it

Love the email notification from the club thanking the opposition for their co-operation and understanding whilst Southampton apparently go submitting a complaint. :lol: More, please. 

20 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

They along with almost every other club in the league have co-ordinated to try to ruin our takeover since the get go [emoji38]

Sort of hard to give a fuck about any of them tbh.

Actually, that's a good point, they were being bellends by voting in favour of that bollocks so stuff them 

Ordinarily I'd be an advocate for 'use your U23s' but the PL have entirely made this bed for every club to lie in and I've no shame in us finally making use of it.

Southampton can cry like little bitches if they want to. Did they submit a complaint when Brentford did it? A quick Google says no. So why are we the straw breaking the camel's back? I think we know why. 

This club and the fans have been fed a shit sandwich for over a decade now by it's owner, and now the League and all member clubs want to the do the same. I've no shame in this. Every single one of the bitter fucks can eat shit.

If anything, consider it sportsmanship. We're just giving all the other clubs time to catch up on their games. :aww:

Don't have a problem with fans being upset. We would be the same if the shoe was on the other foot. At the same time I have no problem with us playing the system if that's what we have done. They should have just cancelled all or none. Just another of the endless list of inconsistencies within the league. 

Not really sure what Southampton think they will achieve with an appeal. Nothing wrong with them doing so if they think it's been handled unfairly but the league already opened pandoras box. 

10 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Maybe if their greatest ever player wasn't one of the biggest Covid conspiracy nonces in the country it wouldn't be so rife. ;)

Ah yes Le Piss will be seething. Brilliant. 

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

I know it looks like it on the surface & the reaction is hilarious... but have we actually 'played the system' here? 

Yes, course we have. Club that cares does that sort of thing. Previously we'd have rolled over and not even bothered asking. 

13 minutes ago, wormy said:

Love the email notification from the club thanking the opposition for their co-operation and understanding whilst Southampton apparently go submitting a complaint. :lol: More, please. 

Oh when the Saints submit a complaint,

Oh when the Saints submit a complaint,

We should put in a bid for Ward Prowse,

When the Saints submit a complaint.

2 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

No league game until mid January now. Over to the recruitment team, get some business done early and we’ve got a great set of winnable games ahead. Class

Bollocks is it. No class in faking injuries to get a game cancelled. More class in turning up and winning. Burnley have shown class. We haven't.