Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

Just now, Emotic said:

What's Kalvin Phillips' best position? Isn't he just a deep-lying Yorkshire version of wor Jow? Or does he offer that much more?

Did you watch England at the Euros?

He is the link player between defense and forward players. Good in the tackle but equally has an eye for the pass. He's extremely similar to Bruno.

9 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Did you watch England at the Euros?

He is the link player between defense and forward players. Good in the tackle but equally has an eye for the pass. He's extremely similar to Bruno.

We don’t need Kalvin. We paid for Bruno instead. 

11 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Grimaldo and Darwin Nunez please. Imagine Grimaldo bombing on opposite of Trippier. He’s also a great crosser of the ball too. 

Surprised Barca have never tried to buy Grimaldo back over the years

8 hours ago, Kanji said:

We don’t need Kalvin. We paid for Bruno instead. 

He seems to have the right kind of character for a Howe team and is a magnificent player. Do you not think they could make an amazing partnership/complement each other? I keep dwelling on it as a indicator of our new cash rich status and my most longed for signing. 

Guest HTT II

Philips would be a great signing and would give us that defensive off the ball energy and legs in midfield, and he’s another capable passer of quick one twos and short snappy passing. He’s not the quickest, but plays in a quick fashion hence why he has been so good in Biesla’s system. I never used to rate him, but I’ve watched a fair bit of Leeds recently since I’ve always adored Biesla and you can see why Southgate favours him. I’d take Raphina, him and Bamford all day long.

He’s a great player, just don’t see what he adds to our starting 11 if Bruno G is there. At that point you need more legs, tackling and pressing (Joelinton, Willock) and both are made to get up and down the pitch and score goals. 

Think come the summer there's a good chance a lot of players will be wanting a move to the EPL.

Nunez - Striker - Benfica -  is definitely a player to be looking at, great finisher and very pacey. Pricing shouldn't be an issue with money is willing to be spent.

Christensen - CB/RB - Chelsea - Out of contract come the summer, no way he's staying at Chelsea, rumoured to be in talks with Barca. International CB and solid in the air. Would definitely be a massive boost defensively.

Lingard - RM/CAM - Man Utd - Everybody knows what's on offer, think he'd be a major improvement once he's up to match fitness.

Brenton Diaz - CF - Blackburn - Great in the air and his goalscorer record this season speaks for itself, international for Chile in recent months chipped in with a few goals aswell. Think a lot of teams will be after him in the summer though, I'd think be a massive chance here.

Dembele - Celtic - RW - Out of contract come the summer, major hype about him. Being a Celtic fan I'd be disappointed to lose him, massive potential and had first team experenice. Skill he can produce is unbelievable. Could be a project to work on but definitely one that would be worth it.

Massive outsider this one but I think if talks are started well enough then definitely could see a return for Wijnaldum to St James Park, may seem a bit of the mark here but hear me out. It's not worked out for him at PSG, he'll know himself he can come in to the the team and stroll the midfield. Think him and Bruno would be great together wether it be one sitting and one going forward or both playing as CM's. May be a tough one considering he'll be on astronomical wages and PSG will be looking for a major coup on him, but you never know it could be something that sits nicely with him considering how well respected the club is from Him.

Somebody said Onana was playing for Inter in this topic when i suggested him, but he's still at Ajax, I'd replace Dubravka with him in a heartbeat. 
Would also love to see Lodi in the EPL

Just now, JNK said:

Somebody said Onana was playing for Inter in this topic when i suggested him, but he's still at Ajax, I'd replace Dubravka with him in a heartbeat. 

I’d guess someone said that he will play for inter, not that he does. 

29 minutes ago, JNK said:

He’s going to Inter in the summer when his contract expires.

We've been loosely linked with a whole crop of young rising stars of the game of late - Noah Okafor, Yeremi Pino, Florian Wirtz. That's probably the game plan. If there were a "marquee" signing, I hope that it would be a world-class striker. A superb forward, a right-sided attacker, a little bit of tidying up at centre-back, some cover for fullback and we are firmly entrenched in the top 8, with a realistic chance at top 5 if injuries are kind.

29 minutes ago, Emotic said:

We've been loosely linked with a whole crop of young rising stars of the game of late - Noah Okafor, Yeremi Pino, Florian Wirtz. That's probably the game plan. If there were a "marquee" signing, I hope that it would be a world-class striker. A superb forward, a right-sided attacker, a little bit of tidying up at centre-back, some cover for fullback and we are firmly entrenched in the top 8, with a realistic chance at top 5 if injuries are kind.

I think it will be the game plan too. I also don't think we'll buy many players, if any, from the Premier League. We now have a solid number of 1st team players with Premier League experience who we can complement with young players from overseas. Young players very much along the lines of Botman, Ekitike and Bruno.

45 minutes ago, macphisto said:

I think it will be the game plan too. I also don't think we'll buy many players, if any, from the Premier League. We now have a solid number of 1st team players with Premier League experience who we can complement with young players from overseas. Young players very much along the lines of Botman, Ekitike and Bruno.

You know what, however it goes,  it’ll be exciting to find out. Fully expect Eddie to be fully backed this summer. Fuck the politics, but Saudi only likely to even even wealthier following disengagement from trade with Russia  re oil. HTL! 

9 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

You know what, however it goes,  it’ll be exciting to find out. Fully expect Eddie to be fully backed this summer. Fuck the politics, but Saudi only likely to even even wealthier following disengagement from trade with Russia  re oil. HTL! 

100% agree!

12 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

To be honest, given the PIF is already worth over £300B, I don't think any fluctuation with how much oil the Saudi's are going to be pumping will matter to us one way or another. They could earmark 1% of that for us, which would transform the club in terms of playing/coaching staff, executives, and infrastructure, and still not even notice. And that's not accounting for commercial revenue coming in. 

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

To be honest, given the PIF is already worth over £300B, I don't think any fluctuation with how much oil the Saudi's are going to be pumping will matter to us one way or another. They could earmark 1% of that for us, which would transform the club in terms of playing/coaching staff, executives, and infrastructure, and still not even notice. And that's not accounting for commercial revenue coming in. 

1% of 300 Billion = 3 Billion ,

I reckon we could stop monitoring Dirk kuyt and actually buy him!!:cheesy:

you need a new goal ( actually only good ) 

2 def central and left 

1 mid 

1 offensive player and 1 stricker 

.................................... Oblack ....................

Trppier ........ Koulibay ......... Ake ........ Grimaldo 

............................ Ndidi .........................;

.............  Guimares .............Willock 

Lindgard .................................... Maximum 

.................;;Darwin Nunez.........................

not too expensive for us