Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

17 minutes ago, nufc123 said:
2 hours ago, black_n_white said:

Brennan Johnson is a player to keep an eye on, played very well for Wales tonight.

Him and Diaby on the list for the summer according to Hope.

Brentford pretty much had a deal for him done over the winter; around £20m I think heard but Forest decided to delay in case they could get up.

Would someone like Yeremy Pino from Villarreal be realistic? Obviously would cost a lot. I know people have been talking about the likes of Raphinha and Antony but maybe he’d be just slightly easier to sign, no? Amazing talent. 5-6 years younger than Raphinha too.

Edited by Ikon

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Would someone like Yeremy Pino from Villarreal be realistic? Obviously would cost a lot. I know people have been talking about the likes of Raphinha and Antony but maybe he’d be just slightly easier to sign, no? Amazing talent. 5-6 years younger than Raphinha too.

Signed a new contract a few months ago.  

I think going after young Spanish talent with relatively low release clauses is a good idea. Players with release clauses in general if they are goood enough.  

Hope we get Charles de Ketelaere who we have been linked with. Speaking of young players. Destined to be a star. 

But yeah, we have been linked with everyone.  

Edited by Ikon

16 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Hope we get Charles de Ketelaere who we have been linked with. Speaking of young players. Destined to be a star. 

But yeah, we have been linked with everyone.  

Except he says there’s nothing to do in Newcastle and that he takes advice from Mignolet who has told him not to come to us! 

I was typing this up at 2-1, and obviously going 3-1 down it would get lost in the match thread so will repost here.

We've had a great run, and it looks like the ultimate objective will be achieved this season (although still a little bit more work to do there), but while there are some hard workers and cult hero's in the side, realistically how many XI signings do you think we need in the summer to be a solid 8/9/10 side, one that won't have any real danger of relegation throughout the season, like say a Wolves or Leicester type season?

Obviously Trippier and Wilson coming back will help, but I do think there's a lot of work needed in the summer. We did so well to win those 6 games, and will probably save the season, but a lot of the players are still pretty limited.

2 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I was typing this up at 2-1, and obviously going 3-1 down it would get lost in the match thread so will repost here.

We've had a great run, and it looks like the ultimate objective will be achieved this season (although still a little bit more work to do there), but while there are some hard workers and cult hero's in the side, realistically how many XI signings do you think we need in the summer to be a solid 8/9/10 side, one that won't have any real danger of relegation throughout the season, like say a Wolves or Leicester type season?

Obviously Trippier and Wilson coming back will help, but I do think there's a lot of work needed in the summer. We did so well to win those 6 games, and will probably save the season, but a lot of the players are still pretty limited.

Need two new CBs, one new CM, a winger and striker at minimum in terms of starters imo. Targett would probably do if made permanent.

Edited by buzz

3 hours ago, buzza said:

What the hell has he got on his feet?

It's his coat that is even more strange. Am I right in thinking part of the design incorporates the waist of a pair of trousers that are unbuttoned?