Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Maybe to push for the England squad ?

Yep, think Tomori is pretty damning proof that Southgate doesn't like picking people he can't go and watch week in, week out. That Tyrone Mings and Conor Coady went to the Euro's before him was a bit of a joke. 

Guest HTT II
12 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Joke or not, what a really odd post

Ah just my shite patter/humour that I sometimes inflict on this forum, I mean no harm by it!

Just to throw my realistic shopping list into the mix:

GK: Henderson. Will sadly spell the end for Dubravka, as he clearly won't want to be a number 2, but just feel Howe want's a keeper who is much more comfortable with the ball at his feet.

CB: Sven Botman. Figure Fernandez and Clarke will be out the door. 

LB: Targett

CM: Boubacar Kamara. Between Bruno, Joelinton, Willock and Shelvey I actually think this is the one area we don't need too much more cover in, but rather a top quality player who goes straight into the 11.

Wide forward/inverted winger: Raphina. Will be tough as he will have plenty of options, but really think him on the right, Max on the left would be lethal. 

CF: Darwin Nunez. Don't think there's smoke without fire. We, as well as every upper mid-table side in Europe apparently, are being linked with him. 

Which would leave a 25 man squad looking like:

GK

Henderson, Woodman, Darlow

DEF:

Trippier, Manquillo, Botman, Burn, Schar, Lacelles, Targett, Lewis

MID

Bruno, Kamara, Joelinton, Willock, Shelvey, Longstaff

FWD

Nunez, ASM, Raphina, Fraser, Wilson, Wood, Murphy

Extra space to make some daft signing. I don't know, Toni Kroos or someone mad. 

28 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Yep, think Tomori is pretty damning proof that Southgate doesn't like picking people he can't go and watch week in, week out. That Tyrone Mings and Conor Coady went to the Euro's before him was a bit of a joke. 

Trippier, Bellingham, and Sancho weren't playing in the Prem and they went. don't think any eyebrows were raised at Tomori missing out.

47 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Joke or not, what a really odd post

I mean, he’s kind of right though :lol: (about the fiddling of ages not Zapata being African)

Edited by Nine

1 hour ago, Nine said:

I mean, he’s kind of right though :lol: (about the fiddling of ages not Zapata being African)

So what link does Zapata have to African players? Just because he's black? Just a bit weird imo, like its casual racism

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, joeyt said:

So what link does Zapata have to African players? Just because he's black? Just a bit weird imo, like its casual racism

I was highlighting how African players and African people in general are often wrongly judged to fiddle their ages while also trying to throw my Mexican type shite banter into the mix, i.e all S.Americans are Mexican, all black people are African, all Africans fiddle their ages. Was funny in my own head I guess…

If I offended anyone I do apologise and can also see how some people may misconstrue my post as something else. We all originate from Africa anyway, regardless of skin colour.

Back to Zapata, even at 31 I’d still sign him, he’s dynamic from what I’ve seen, has pace to burn, presses so well for a forward and even if we only get a couple of decent seasons out of him it will be worth it. 

Edited by HTT II

16 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I was highlighting how African players and African people in general are often wrongly judged to fiddle their ages while also trying to throw my Mexican type shite banter into the mix, i.e all S.Americans are Mexican, all black people are African, all Africans fiddle their ages. Was funny in my own head I guess…

If I offended anyone I do apologise and can also see how some people may misconstrue my post as something else. We all originate from Africa anyway, regardless of skin colour.

Back to Zapata, even at 31 I’d still sign him, he’s dynamic from what I’ve seen, has pace to burn, presses so well for a forward and even if we only get a couple of decent seasons out of him it will be worth it. 

I get the idea behind the joke. It was lame but not offensive at all (said as a black guy, Caribbean not African). 

The more egregious post was that recent silliness about a gut feeling Bruno will flop. And I say this as a long-standing fan of your posts (I’ve lurked on this site and it’s predecessor for 15 years + and used to love your epic essay posts - if you are the same person as the original HTT!)

Edited by greydos
“Love” not “live”

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, greydos said:

I get the idea behind the joke. It was lame but not offensive at all (said as a black guy, Caribbean not African). 

The more egregious post was that recent silliness about a gut feeling Bruno will flop. And I say this as a long-standing fan of your posts (I’ve lurked on this site and it’s predecessor for 15 years + and used to love your epic ese posts - if you are the same person as the original HTT!)

Thanks and I am indeed and again apologies if I offended anyone. 

Edited by HTT II

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

What? :lol: I just said in my post that he’s not African, no need for the rabid race accusations like. All I said was that the post about African players commonly fiddling their ages isn’t exactly wrong. 

Edited by Nine

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Funny that people made @HTT II out to be a racist when his 2 biological children are mixed race.

It was a weird joke mind @HTT II

That and I’m actually fucking African, albeit a honky! And agreed, again, seemed funny (to me) in my own mind…

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II

Oh and I can confirm, this particular kipara mzungu is really only 21 years old…

Edited by HTT II

3 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

Funny that people made @HTT II out to be a racist when his 2 biological children are mixed race.

It was a weird joke mind @HTT II

Mixed race ? Human and what else ? We are all just Human, Genetically we don't have differing breeds like Birds or Dogs, we are all just Human.