Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

He's not the player he was 2014 - 2018, and he currently has 5 goals in 21 premier league games which isn't exactly indicating that he's just in a temporary decline. Wilson who's of similar age has 6 in 15.

I'd much rather keep Wilson and Wood as our experienced strikers and focus on finding our next #9 for years to come.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

He's not the player he was 2014 - 2018, and he currently has 5 goals in 21 premier league games which isn't exactly indicating that he's just in a temporary decline. Wilson who's of similar age has 6 in 15.

I'd much rather keep Wilson and Wood as our experienced strikers and focus on finding our next #9 for years to come.

I'd much rather keep Wilson, agree with that part.

Osimhen

ASM                                       Antony

Bruno                                  Willock

Joelinton

Renan Lodi  Botman Diego Carlos  Trippier

Dubravka

Going all out on a couple of big signings means we would have to make do with a couple of less than ideal players for a while longer but I feel this route would put us in the same direction as if we were to sign a whole new team inclding players like Tarkowksi, who will only ever be squad players.

40 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

I wouldn’t even want Kane tbh if he came then great but been very poor this summer he’d be best going to a PSG, Barca, Real where he’ll have it easy and be world class again.

He’s absolute class. He’s in the doldrums at the minute and he needs a move to revitalise him. He’s the perfect example of class being permanent. A new club on the up where he’ll be idolised would be perfect for him. At his age he’ll probably want to go somewhere where he can win something so not likely to be us but I’d take his arm off at the shoulder personally. 

1. CB. Hopefully Botman can become a kind of a legacy player like Kompany at City.

2. ST. Schick looks good. Can't say about other options.

3. RW. Ismaila Sarr or Raphinha. I like Fraser but I'd like him more as a back up player.

4. LB. Get Targett in.

This would be a great window for me. Other additions absolutely welcome like another CB or a defensive midfielder but not critical.

8 minutes ago, sixx said:

1. CB. Hopefully Botman can become a kind of a legacy player like Kompany at City.

2. ST. Schick looks good. Can't say about other options.

3. RW. Ismaila Sarr or Raphinha. I like Fraser but I'd like him more as a back up player.

4. LB. Get Targett in.

This would be a great window for me. Other additions absolutely welcome like another CB or a defensive midfielder but not critical.

I'd add CM to that list as well. I don't want to see Shelvey and Willock playing regularly next season. While they are serving a purpose in the way we are playing right now, I hope we get someone in that allows us to control the game/keep the ball more together with Bruno, and have Joelinton, Shelvey and Willock competing for the remaining spot & serving as squad/back-up players.

1 hour ago, Gaztoon said:

Like to try Chelsea hand for Gallagher or gilmour..both outstanding young players who won't get much time at Chelsea 

Yes to the former, no to the latter!

Would like Moussa Diaby from Leverkusen. Speedy winger. Scoring goals this season too as well as assists. So far in 20 starts he has 10 goals and 6 assists.

He was from the PSG academy I think. Stick him on the right or left, he's great.

If we do stay up I think Howe will be keen to keep the positive feeling and togetherness in the squad and not demand wholesale changes in the summer. It will be interesting.

I'd like to see:

Botman

Bissouma

Targett/new LB

Lingard

Striker x2 (one starter and one young back up)

Right winger

41 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

If we do stay up I think Howe will be keen to keep the positive feeling and togetherness in the squad and not demand wholesale changes in the summer. It will be interesting.

I'd like to see:

Botman

Bissouma

Targett/new LB

Lingard

Striker x2 (one starter and one young back up)

Right winger

Not owa keen on lingard like. Was a stop gap til the end of the season for me

I'd like to see us raid some other PL teams for their better players, just to flex our muscles a bit:

James Ward Prowse

Daniel Podence

Raphina

Conor Gallacher (I know he's a Chelsea player but he's unlikely to play for them)

Add a couple of good CBs from the continent and Gabriel Barbosa and it's starting to look a bit sexy

6 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I'd like to see us raid some other PL teams for their better players, just to flex our muscles a bit:

James Ward Prowse

Daniel Podence

Raphina

Conor Gallacher (I know he's a Chelsea player but he's unlikely to play for them)

Add a couple of good CBs from the continent and Gabriel Barbosa and it's starting to look a bit sexy

Much prefer we looked on the continent rather than being taken to the cleaners by fellow premier league clubs. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Much prefer we looked on the continent rather than being taken to the cleaners by fellow premier league clubs. 

Based on the prices we were quoted in January I don't think we're going to get better value elsewhere. Everyone knows we're minted

2 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Based on the prices we were quoted in January I don't think we're going to get better value elsewhere. Everyone knows we're minted

It was January :lol: we were trying to buy players who teams were still in the champions league or pushing for titles. 

2 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Probably posted already - Bissouma’s contract expires summer 2023 - could be available at a decent price should Dan Ashworth decide to buy 

In for a penny in for a pound on the morals eh.

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Not owa keen on lingard like. Was a stop gap til the end of the season for me

Fair, but I like that fact he can play RW and more advanced in a midfield 3, probably on the left as well. Could be very useful for the squad if we could get him one  2/3 year contract. And he's free as well which frees up funds.

Go on then, I will play:

Leno/Henderson

Tripper     Botman       Burn      Targett

Bissouma         Bruno

Raphinia          Joelinton             ASM

Rashford

I'm sure there are better players out there but I based mine off players I'm familiar with.

Before anyone says we can do better than Targett/Burn/Joelinton etc, I'm aware of that but didn't want to pick anyone who I hadn't actually seen play.