Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

2 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Weirdly nobody ever mentions their ffp, but ours is a saga

That’s because over the last 2 seasons Villa have a net transfer expenditure of €48 million whereas we have a net transfer expenditure of €300 million over that time.

They sold Grealish during the 21/22. They have that transfer fee helping their FFP calculation for 21/22, 22/23 and 23/24 so after this season it's beyond the three-year cycle & isn't of any use FFP-wise.

I'd be interested to know where they are in terms of wages-to-turnover, I know ours was very high on the last set of accounts.

Edited by Keegans Export

I have never seen this lad play but he ticks a lot of boxes as to what we could be after as cover for Schar.

The article below is 2 years old so no idea how he has developed since then.

IMG_4962.thumb.jpeg.8f81c3037847e3174382a187a77bced7.jpeg

Tomás is arguably the most complete center-back SL Benfica has produced in recent years. If you think of the characteristics center-backs should have in order to stand out nowadays, then Tomás ticks most of the boxes. His performances since the UEFA Youth League last season have had me in awe. I previously had some doubts on how high his ceiling could be but his development in the last two seasons has been much better than I could have imagined. His transition to the B team was as smooth as possible, he didn’t miss a step and has been able to consistently put up solid games.

Let’s start with his defensive qualities without the ball. The youth teams usually play with a high line, so he is used to having to control the space behind his back and adopting the correct body orientation. In case of need he can make use of his speed to catch up to opponents. He is very good at winning aerial duels on both ends of the pitch, which also makes him a threat offensively. He is not as aggressive without the ball as he is with it, sometimes he loses ground duels owing to the superior physicality of older players, but this growth will come naturally with time.

His ability on the ball is incredibly good, with passing and ball control being two of his biggest strengths. Vertical passes, diagonal passes, passes under pressure, dribbling through pressure, you name it. He can comfortably do it all.

The center-back position is a delicate one since there is little room for error. To me, Tomás stands out because he is not error prone at all. He understands his positioning is crucial at the back, therefore he doesn’t make rash decisions. His jumps and tackles are always well thought and timed.

https://footballtalentscout.net/2021/08/27/tomas-araujo-another-diamond-from-seixal-by-helner/

21 hours ago, gbandit said:

Either Kvara or Guler. I want an elite dribbler, especially if Maxi goes

I’d want Guler this summer, Kvara I feel would become ASMs replacement so can wait another year or two 

If we're into hoarding young wingers/forwards, we might be able to take a punt on "Aldi Kvaradona" Zuriko Davitashvili - on loan to Ligue 2 Bordeaux from the Georgian league, but certainly looks the business, and won't cost the earth. Scored against the Dutch U21s last night too.

https://www.uefa.com/under21/video/0282-185ba83c6fa2-9e4790648336-1000--davitashvili-s-incredible-solo-goal/

After missing out on Maddison, I had a look at the below;

Europe's top 10 chance creators 2022/23

1. Bruno Fernandes – 219 shot-creating actions
2. Lionel Messi – 189 shot-creating actions
3. Kieran Trippier – 178 shot-creating actions :)
4. Kevin De Bruyne – 176 shot-creating actions
5. Remy Cabella – 174 shot-creating actions :coolsmiley:
=6. Jonas Hoffmann – 163 shot-creating actions
=6. Martin Odegaard – 163 shot-creating actions
=8. Benjamin Bourigeaud – 161 shot-creating actions
=8. Bukayo Saka – 161 shot-creating actions
10. Antoine Griezmann – 158 shot-creating actions