Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

When we're talking about Dummett as a potential replacement for Trippier, I know I'm pretty much done with this place and our support like. Fuck off man. :lol:

One of the top 5 maddest things i've ever heard and I watched all of Trumps debates :lol:

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

When we're talking about Dummett as a potential replacement for Trippier, I know I'm pretty much done with this place and our support like. Fuck off man. :lol:

I think they mean Livramento on the right with Dummett on the left to be fair :lol:

Trippier is knackered, cannot do anything positive on the pitch right now....literally cannot even pass to save his life. Something has to be done surely, 6 days rest didn't do Trippier any good.

People don't want him dropped for good, but it doesn't do us or Trippier any good continuing to blame him in the state he is now.

There’s clearly multiple things going on, but surely age isn’t helping him maintain consistency in amongst a busy schedule. The guy was terrific only a couple of months ago and he hasn’t just all of a sudden become too old in the last few weeks, but as has been mentioned he’s past his peak and naturally will find it harder to maintain high level performances consistently especially with a busy fixture list. The schedule might ease, but he’s not getting younger. Not unusual for players to go from being around their peak to back-ups/playing in weaker leagues within a couple of years for players early to mid 30s. 

At the end of the day he’s 33 and imo has done remarkably well to perform at such a good level when many wide players are way past their best by then. 

Whatever else is going on for him, I hope he gets the support he needs. 

Edited by St. Maximin

1 minute ago, Sufi said:

Rub your ears. Drink some decaffeinated tea. Have a bath. 

It's not the end of the world and it's almost embarrassing how some people are reacting to this. 

You could point to him signing for us as one of the 3 transformative moments since the takeover. Sure he's cost us a few games this month but I don't think people should be reacting in this way. Maybe you need a rest along with Trips. It's been a tough few weeks for all of us. 

Do you you know I actually read that in the most condescending  way that anyone could.  It was like listening to Claire Rayner (Google her).  Right, where was I....... oh yes fuck off and take a rest.

Just now, Aiston said:

I think they mean Livramento on the right with Dummett on the left to be fair :lol:

Trippier is knackered, cannot do anything positive on the pitch right now....literally cannot even pass to save his life. Something has to be done surely, 6 days rest didn't do Trippier any good.

People don't want him dropped for good, but it doesn't do us or Trippier any good continuing to blame him in the state he is now.

I know exactly what they mean and it's fucking ridiculous.

If Steve Bruce had Trippier, dropped/rested him so Paul Dummett was on a team sheet, he'd have rightly been laughed out the joint.

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

This place has always been full of absolute tatties who lack any sort of perspective.

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He has made 3 huge personal mistakes leading to goals, fucked up the offside line for another goal, got turned inside out by Son for another 2 goals and finally missed a penalty wide off the mark. Aĺl in a few games in a row. 

Im certain he will come back better if he get a couple of weeks rest. Kept a clean sheet last time Dummett played, he isnt THAT bad.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I know exactly what they mean and it's fucking ridiculous.

If Steve Bruce had Trippier, dropped/rested him so Paul Dummett was on a team sheet, he'd have rightly been laughed out the joint.

Oh fuck off man!  It's not ridiculous at all.  The blokes been shite for ages.

5 minutes ago, Displayname said:

He has made 3 huge personal mistakes leading to goals, fucked up the offside line for another goal, got turned inside out by Son for another 2 goals and finally missed a penalty wide off the mark. Aĺl in a few games in a row. 

Im certain he will come back better if he get a couple of weeks rest. Kept a clean sheet last time Dummett played, he isnt THAT bad.

There are some players you don't drop and rightly so. Trippier is one of them. 

But then there were people having a go at Bruno after the first few games, etc. Fans calling out Isak recently FFS. :lol: Our fans have lost complete perspective, forums, Twitter, etc just exasperates it. It's mental. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

All I can think of is players younger then him are physically on their last legs. This impacts both you mentally and physically.

Then add the fact you are 33 and don't have the same ability to recharge your batteries between games... your body then  starts to do things your brain isn't expecting.

The horrible thing for Tripps is that this has happened in a one month period.

I always remember Keegan deciding after a cup game against Liverpool that he wanted to go out on a high and not play through any personal decline. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

There are some players you don't drop and rightly so. Trippier is one of them. 

But then there were people having a go at Bruno after the first few games, etc. our fans have lost complete perspective, forums, Twitter, etc just exasperates it. It's mental. 

Saying some players cant be dropped no matter what is mental.

Still the best signing the club has made in 20years.

Such short memories on here, a month ago he was tearing it up assisting goals and rick solid at the back.

You don't become shit overnight...

Just now, mofo said:

Still the best signing the club has made in 20years.

Such short memories on here, a month ago he was tearing it up assisting goals and rick solid at the back.

You don't become shit overnight...

Its one guy saying he is shit.

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

Not your best players. I don't see what benefit that does. Someone with the experience of Trippier you let play their way back into form.

The answer is not to drop him for Paul fucking Dummett. 

Ever since that incident with the fans at the Bournemouth game was it? This guy's form has tanked.

So well done to whoever that was that couldn't manage their behaviour after that game. Has worked out so well for us, having a go, and then posting it all over social media.

Just brilliant.

Just now, Displayname said:

Problem is, you drop Trippier you’re taking away our most creative player by far. Don’t let 3 goals against 10 man Fulham fool you; everything goes through him. It’s something that needs addressing in midfield and out wide and I have a reasonable amount of confidence Eddie knows that. But until we spend money he absolutely has to play unless he’s totally fucked.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Blokes been transformative for the club, my money would be in combination of fatigue and personal issues at the minute.

This is where supporters need to stand up and back the bloke 100%.

Look, let's not get too emotional here (says he with steam coming out of his ears).  I'm honestly talking about tonights performance by Trippier which was shocking.  I think his appointment has been immense to the progress of the team.  Tonight he was shite!  His last three or four appearances haven’t been good either.  Do we all understand each other now?