Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

What were the personal reasons he mentioned as to why he had to leave? He’s not really been the same since. Tired yes but something else on his mind too perhaps.

That confrontation with the fan was odd as well, he should know better than to engage with idiots.

He’s earned any number of chances before we should start calling for him to be dropped. As a club, support for the players should come right the way through from the coaching staff and from the supporters. We need to get behind him.

Yeah think there might be something going on behind the scenes. Hope he can sort it out because I love the lad.

2 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

IMO our best choice of back four doesn’t include him right now.

I think this is a complete over reaction. 

He's got a boat load of assists this season and he's been brilliant for ages.

It's a team game so not going to blame him. However, he looks shot at the moment, so he should never have come on let alone taken the second pen, after that mistake. Howe and co, need to put their hands up on that one. Learning all the time this lot, and its proving to a big lesson for the whole club this season. 

Injuries aside, a top 4 squad from last season with Dummett and Richie in for starters, is just wrong. As good as they are in the background, we need 4-5 decent player ASAP.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Aiston said:

Fucking hell 33% successful pass rate today from him.

Dont think any of our players would have come out with a high percentage. We couldn’t string two passes together tonight.

14 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Needs everyone’s support. Gutting but it’s life. You will rise again Tripps! 

Exactly my thoughts brother. I'm off to spam his social media with positive messages and support. The players see these things. Where I'm from we have this very underwhelming superstar hockey player who's had a rough go. We all did the same and he actually mentioned it in a few of his interviews since he's been playing better. The players see these things and notice them.

I think he could do with a break. Seems more mental than physical. Can't say how much I appreciate what he's done for us. Transformative signing.  

He seems to be playing through an injury and/or has something else on his mind that is effecting him. As he is making uncharacteristic mistakes all the while.  

His touch is usually so assured and automatic. But it’s deserted him the last 4-5 games when it’s mattered. Caught in two minds, gifting the other team the ball, flat footed and no man’s land defensively. Seems to mainly be away from home, mind. As Milan and Man U he was still solid/class. 

Possibly reading too much into it. As he is hardly going to look all chipper after some of our results and performances of late. But he just doesn’t look or seem

himself. 

He is such an important player for us. Hope he can get whatever it is sorted. 

12 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

His blunder led to their equaliser in stoppage time.

Ah that explains it then.

Yeah, he looked like he was shitting bricks. Feel bad for him, as a non Newcastle fan, I like Trippier, always seemed the decent type.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

Could be wrong, but I think that's misleading. Many of those "passes" were more like clearances with no one available.

Still halve what the next 2 worst had.

Livramento the best with 92% for comparison.

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

The blokes been shite for over a month now.  I could say more but just read the first line of my message.  Do you disagree?

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He's been faultless since he signed up until the Everton game, but he's suffering badly and shouldn't be playing. He's a liability.

7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

The system and the thread bare backs-to-the-wall situation we’re in requires complete discipline and zero mistakes. Right now he is not capable of that.