Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, STM said:

His age must be a factor in our thoughts. I'd be surprised if it happened but if it meant getting a quality signing elsewhere...

That has to be a consideration, plus this season looks like fizzling out anyway. But I just don't see foreign teams paying a decent wedge for him. Or any team for that matter because of his age. Weird stories coming out this past week.

it'll depend on what his wife wants.

if they're good friends with the kanes it may be a goer.

shame for their bairns as they seem to be settled locally and one of them is best past pals with Joelinton jr (my kids and missus on insta)

1 hour ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

In all seriousness I can’t see this happening. It is just the journos have nothing to write about.

Hes a future manager is Trippier I reckon.

He didn’t leave the impression of being a deep thinker in that long interview with the tiresome twat from off of BT 

Sad state of affairs that people are more than eager to let him go just so we can spend some money. Aside from a bad few weeks he’s been brilliant for us and is the best captain we’ve had for many years (when Lascelles isn’t playing)  I know we’ve got Livramento but we’d definately miss trippier and back up would need to be bought 

Just now, gdm said:

Sad state of affairs that people are more than eager to let him go just so we can spend some money. Aside from a bad few weeks he’s been brilliant for us and is the best captain we’ve had for many years (when Lascelles isn’t playing)  I know we’ve got Livramento but we’d definately miss trippier and back up would need to be bought 

This is a classic example of why FFP dont work. Clubs outside the skysports top 6 needs to sell their main players in order to able to use money.. 

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

"We understand Kenny Jackett is high on the board's managerial shortlist should Howe exit St. James'."

“Jackett has been on PIF’s radar for sometime, with sources confirming that the Saudi owners of Newcastle were impressed by the record points haul he achieved in the third tier with Wolves a decade ago”

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

“Jackett has been on PIF’s radar for sometime, with sources confirming that the Saudi owners of Newcastle were impressed by the record points haul he achieved in the third tier with Wolves a decade ago”

"Meanwhile, sources confirm that neither Howe or Trippier are actually likely to leave this window."

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

And the article will end up looking nothing like the tweet …

The article is so bullshit.

The guy is sniffing glue.

As if PIF would even consider any of that bullshit.

Howe is going nowhere and neither is Trippier.

Just now, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

The article is so bullshit.

The guy is sniffing glue.

As if PIF would even consider any of that bullshit.

Howe is going nowhere and neither is Trippier.

It’s alright, MrRJ created a mock-up tweet.  It wasn’t a real one - the rumour mill is toppling over into just plain silliness at this point. 

OK, just to confirm... my tweet was a joke. Hope didn't tweet that, it was a dig that Hope would massively overreact and go way OTT like he did with Joelinton last night

Nevermind. 

Lunchtime gigs. They are the hardest.

Edited by MrRaspberryJam