Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

If Trippier does stay then, tbh, he's an even bigger legend than he already is.  Not to 'smallclub-ify' us, but we're still very much in a transitional phase with only slim chances of honours; whereas Bayern are true giants with legitimate hopes of the biggest prizes. If he was itching to go then he'd go, so if he's empowered us to reject competitive offers then massive props to him; it would be fantastic to see that amount of loyalty. 

Hopefully a bit of a turning point on the pitch too and the fans give him a lot of love in the Luton game. 

19 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If Trippier does stay then, tbh, he's an even bigger legend than he already is.  Not to 'smallclub-ify' us, but we're still very much in a transitional phase with only slim chances of honours; whereas Bayern are true giants with legitimate hopes of the biggest prizes. If he was itching to go then he'd go, so if he's empowered us to reject competitive offers then massive props to him; it would be fantastic to see that amount of loyalty. 

Hopefully a bit of a turning point on the pitch too and the fans give him a lot of love in the Luton game. 

Be like a new signing too! 

6 hours ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

I’ve no doubt it goes on all the time, however that’s different from an owner apparently having knowledge of it going on all the time from a legal perspective.

Regarding the Vermont rumours, are we expected to believe that five first team NUFC players were banging hookers in the same Newcastle city centre hotel and to my knowledge not one photo is available in an age where almost everyone has a camera in their pocket?

It's absolute cackbable, any truth to it and some unscrupulous hack would have had the CCTV images off a disgruntled Vermont employee long before now.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Regarding the Vermont rumours, are we expected to believe that five first team NUFC players were banging hookers in the same Newcastle city centre hotel and to my knowledge not one photo is available in an age where almost everyone has a camera in their pocket?

It's absolute cackbable, any truth to it and some unscrupulous hack would have had the CCTV images off a disgruntled Vermont employee long before now.

its not true man. know loads that work there and a manager too.

yeah lads lets get some slags and book them into a really prominent city centre hotel.

fuck air bnb.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Also if he does stay, he needs a better song!!

7 minutes ago, huss9 said:

its not true man. know loads that work there and a manager too.

yeah lads lets get some slags and book them into a really prominent city centre hotel.

fuck air bnb.

I know mate but it's got the point where some has implied above (hope I got inferred/implied right) that this is possibly the club getting rid of all the "Vermont players", it's feckin laughable how much traction utter shite can get.

As for the owner saying (not that I believe hearsay) that it definitely happened, he needs to think about future PR as spreading shite about guests probably wont go down too well.

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

This whole short saga sounds like a lot of noise about nothing to me. He has no desire to leave, we'd not look to sell. Bid comes in and its reported, then all the bluster about recouping money and FFP is spun to bulk out the story. "Newcastle REJECT Bayern bid". I mean, of course we did, it's peanuts and he's worth more to us than that and 13m gets us nothing in terms of transfers. Then the Eales interview is wound in to it, Newcastle in the FPP mire etc etc, which again I'm sure is shorseshit.  We're probably tighter than we'd like if we dont get Europe but I'm sure we're fine, we're not stupid. 

Might be wrong but I dont see him leaving at all and I dont see us accepting any mid teens bid for our captain and talisman and best player (maybe not lately). 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

This whole short saga sounds like a lot of noise about nothing to me. He has no desire to leave, we'd not look to sell. Bid comes in and its reported, then all the bluster about recouping money and FFP is spun to bulk out the story. "Newcastle REJECT Bayern bid". I mean, of course we did, it's peanuts and he's worth more to us than that and 13m gets us nothing in terms of transfers. Then the Eales interview is sound in to it, Newcastle in the FPP mire etc etc, which again I'm sure is shorseshit.  We're probably tighter than we'd like if we dont get Europe.

Might be wrong but I dont see him leaving at all and I dont see us accepting any mid teens bid for our captain and talisman and best player (maybe not lately). 

Could all be a smoke screen for incomings and us appearing to be FFP desperate :bluestar:

2 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

All we need now is for Trippier to say he wants to leave. Then the NUFC circus can continue.

(Please don't Kieran!) 

No chance

Been burned by incredibly painful departures far too many times to be convinced just yet, but that's really encouraging. Trippier is a gem and it would be lovely if we could just bloody well keep him. 

18 minutes ago, Decky said:

Delighted. Hope he retires here and stays on as a coach. 

Yeah, I feel the same sort of but if we are as fucked as it seems with FFP 15-20m could have made a big difference when realistically he is only on the downward trend from here but him as a person longer term may be more important than 20M.  Big statement from us rejecting such offers.  It will work if he stays as long as Eddie does allow him to rest and gives Tino more minutes.  You can't expect him to play 90 mins twice a week, you also can't expect Tino to stay if he doesn't get much game time and I don't think he would have had enough without Burns injury..