Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Deep discussions is my new favourite phrase. 

it is "monitoring" for the new age.

That or this is our new interview question list:

• Where's your life headed?
  • How do you think you will die?
  • What are the highest and lowest points of your life?
  • What is holding you back from being the person you want to be?
  • How have your strengths help you to succeed? ...
  • What are your biggest goals for your life? ...
  • Who are you really?

Edited by toontownman

24 minutes ago, DMLeazesender said:

Trippier will sign tomorrow so he can be registered in time to debut against Cambridge.

He will not play against Cambridge ffs. :lol:

Anyone who thinks we'll take the cup even remotely seriously this year, let alone putting our new signing into this match, is not really reading the situation very well. Screw the cup, quite frankly. I don't care if we play our U12s in it. Just don't risk anyone even likely to be needed for a single minute of PL action between now and when we're comfortably clear of the drop zone.

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

Anyone who thinks we'll take the cup even remotely seriously this year, let alone putting our new signing into this match, is not really reading the situation very well. Screw the cup, quite frankly. I don't care if we play our U12s in it. Just don't risk anyone even likely to be needed for a single minute of PL action between now and when we're comfortably clear of the drop zone.

Agree with this. I wouldn't be risking any half decent player we have (Wilson/ASM/Trippier/Big Jo/Dubravka) in any cup game right now. It just isn't worth it! There's lots of squad players and U23s who need a game and the match fitness.

7 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Agree with this. I wouldn't be risking any half decent player we have (Wilson/ASM/Trippier/Big Jo/Dubravka) in any cup game right now. It just isn't worth it! There's lots of squad players and U23s who need a game and the match fitness.

I disagree chaps - he may not play the full game but he will feature. It will be an early chance to train with the team and also they've sold out on the back of this (not that I think that will influence Eddies thinking).

I know it'll take time to get the squad to where they want it to be, but I'm still trying to adjust to the fact we're making a signing that goes against everything of the last 14 years. 

We're buying an older English player with no resale value but instant upside. 

Just now, DMLeazesender said:

I disagree chaps - he may not play the full game but he will feature. It will be an early chance to train with the team and also they've sold out on the back of this (not that I think that will influence Eddies thinking).

I don't see what could possibly be gained from playing him against Cambridge, even for 10 minutes.

He played 90mins last weekend so doesn't need the match fitness. We'll need him playing every minute if our league fixtures for the rest of the season.

Howe would get alot of stick if he brings him on at any point and he gets injured. 

Have him on the bench and send him out to warm up every 20 minutes to get the crowd going a bit and that'll be good enough.

6 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I don't see what could possibly be gained from playing him against Cambridge, even for 10 minutes.

He played 90mins last weekend so doesn't need the match fitness. We'll need him playing every minute if our league fixtures for the rest of the season.

Howe would get alot of stick if he brings him on at any point and he gets injured. 

Have him on the bench and send him out to warm up every 20 minutes to get the crowd going a bit and that'll be good enough.

I can see I stand alone on this lol....we will have to wait and see but my gut feeling is he will feature. Having him run up and down the line and then not putting him on would be worse and disappoint the fans. He will either be in the squad and feature or be left out altogether.

8 minutes ago, DMLeazesender said:

I can see I stand alone on this lol....we will have to wait and see but my gut feeling is he will feature. Having him run up and down the line and then not putting him on would be worse and disappoint the fans. He will either be in the squad and feature or be left out altogether.

I think I'd be surprised to see him play. Let him train for a week for Watford. The benefits of winning the match are mostly for morale and I certainly hope they do. A deeper cup run isn't helpful as with fixture congestion and injuries more games is bad and the sole focus is not getting relegated.

Just my thoughts. I'd love to see him play this weekend. Not sure it makes any sense.

5 minutes ago, McDog said:

I think I'd be surprised to see him play. Let him train for a week for Watford. The benefits of winning the match are mostly for morale and I certainly hope they do. A deeper cup run isn't helpful as with fixture congestion and injuries more games is bad and the sole focus is not getting relegated.

Just my thoughts. I'd love to see him play this weekend. Not sure it makes any sense.

It's a guessing game at the minute but this is the new positive NUFC and the new owners will want to make a statement - I even think we will try in the cup!!

A few decent signings will stave off relegation and a good cup run with 52k each game there would be a good season. ...and then a platform to build on for next season.

54 minutes ago, DMLeazesender said:

It's a guessing game at the minute but this is the new positive NUFC and the new owners will want to make a statement - I even think we will try in the cup!!

A few decent signings will stave off relegation and a good cup run with 52k each game there would be a good season. ...and then a platform to build on for next season.

Have you got a ticket for the Cambridge match because you seem rather invested in him playing in it. :lol:

I really don't think he will. It's madness. Our one and only priority, that the whole of our future depends upon, is staving off relegation. If we get through the next couple of cup rounds and if we string together enough league wins to be clear of relegation, only then can we start to take the cup seriously.

In previous years I hated our "get out of the cups ASAP" strategy because that was literally all we had to look forward to. Who gave a shit if we got relegated even because the league was irrelevant, it only determined how much money MA could make from the club. Now it's different - this season survival in the PL will be a springboard to a whole array of fantastic things, if we believe the brochure. We need to put all our eggs in that basket. Screw the cup.

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

Have you got a ticket for the Cambridge match because you seem rather invested in him playing in it. :lol:

I really don't think he will. It's madness. Our one and only priority, that the whole of our future depends upon, is staving off relegation. If we get through the next couple of cup rounds and if we string together enough league wins to be clear of relegation, only then can we start to take the cup seriously.

In previous years I hated our "get out of the cups ASAP" strategy because that was literally all we had to look forward to. Who gave a shit if we got relegated even because the league was irrelevant, it only determined how much money MA could make from the club. Now it's different - this season survival in the PL will be a springboard to a whole array of fantastic things, if we believe the brochure. We need to put all our eggs in that basket. Screw the cup.

It's far from madness. He needs to be able to perform asap. Cambridge is the perfect opportunity to get him started and get more familiar with his role and duties ahead of his first PL game for us, which happens to be a vital 6 pointer.

It would be nice to see him cameo but I can understand the risk of playing him, even for 10 mins or so with a lower league team that might fancy a few harder and wreckers tackles.

Trippier is very fit and only played a couple of days ago. Getting him match fit isn't an issue. A cameo won't do much more than training with the squad and training matches in terms of aclimatizing him. He has played at SJP and in the PL before so it's not like he should need any time bedding into the league.

2 hours ago, Chris_R said:

No I don't have a ticket for the Cambridge match and I have no invested interested in him playing in it other than I want us to kick on.

I think KT is just the start. The new owners know what they are doing - we wont get relegated.

But I totally get what you are saying....... it's just that this isn't Ashley anymore..... get used to it my friend....it is really happening!

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

It's far from madness. He needs to be able to perform asap. Cambridge is the perfect opportunity to get him started and get more familiar with his role and duties ahead of his first PL game for us, which happens to be a vital 6 pointer.

This.

It's a new beginning and a new journey!!

Howay the Toon!