Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

Just now, Mazzy said:

I'd rather not risk him. We have enough players who can play RB(manquillo/Krafth), it's not necessary

We will be a better team against Watford if he plays today; unless he gets injured. A risk worth taking imo.

Seems like a top lad. More signings like this please.

Makes me doubt the Digne transfer even more. I reckon Eddie is looking for really good characters as well as good players and Digne sounds like a bit of a diva

17 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Just play him. Pointless signing new players if you don’t want to play them. 

Guess people think the league is the priority with the position that we're in not that they don't want to play him. Picks up a knock today then misses Watford could be difference between staying up or going down.

Guest reefatoon
48 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Guess people think the league is the priority with the position that we're in not that they don't want to play him. Picks up a knock today then misses Watford could be difference between staying up or going down.

He could get a knock in training too. He could get a knock against Watford and miss the next few. It’s going to be his debut, he will be absolutely gagging to be out there. Let’s give it a go with our strongest team, get a winning mentality going and you never know, have a cup run with it too.

Guest HTT II

Was driving along the 184 today and there is a big trip advisor board up with an image of Trippier saying welcome etc. Never seen owt like that before!

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Was driving along the 184 today and there is a big trip advisor board up with an image of Trippier saying welcome etc. Never seen owt like that before!

I hope that's at the eastern end of the 184 past Boldon.

Imagine the fewm from the makems [emoji38]

10 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

He could get a knock in training too. He could get a knock against Watford and miss the next few. It’s going to be his debut, he will be absolutely gagging to be out there. Let’s give it a go with our strongest team, get a winning mentality going and you never know, have a cup run with it too.

I've always hated our approach to cup runs in previous years especially when we've finished comfortably safe, but this is one season where I think its just not what we need at all. It's so close at the bottom where it is possibly going to come to the finest of margins and staying up this year would be absolutely massive.

Guest reefatoon
6 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

I've always hated our approach to cup runs in previous years especially when we've finished comfortably safe, but this is one season where I think its just not what we need at all. It's so close at the bottom where it is possibly going to come to the finest of margins and staying up this year would be absolutely massive.

The players are already going into this game after a nice long break. Like you,  I also hate the way teams ignore the cup games and play weakened teams. I think after the break they have had, it’s a good game to get your strongest team out there, get a great performance and result in and get that confidence up for Watford. Play our best team and carry that on into Watford for me.

I only argue for resting players in such games when there's fixture congestion.

The team has had two weeks off. They don't play for another week after this. It's not like Trippier isn't match fit; he's been playing every week for Diego fucking Someone. Get him out there.