Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Sticks & stones will break my bones, but being called a rapist will never hurt me. Now throw me some insults and i'll show you how to roll with the punch. 

He only said it to get your attention.  Get.  Their.  Attention. 

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Howay BB, let’s have a quick tab in the book cupboard. Let these barmy Arabs slap each other daft. (With apologies to anyone easily offended by pre ‘90’s patter, i.e. the frankly barmy, or those of an Arabian bent.) 

Aye, fuck this.  Couple of snouts will dee for me.  Kaka was gannin radge as usual

10 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Aye, fuck this.  Couple of snouts will dee for me.  Kaka was gannin radge as usual

He’s probs been on the Evo again. It’s always someone else’s fault. He’ll nee doubt end up dancing to Are Friends Electric, on his Walkman, behind the PE block. Radge 🤷‍♂️

Just had to go back to page 270 to read anything worth reading! What a car crash this became.

No-one seems to have taken into account one of the main reasons he came back to England. For his wife, his family. I can't see him wanting to scoot off to Germany just for the next year or two.

I watched some mini meltdowns over Dan Ashworth leaving but held my tongue, (fingers off the keyboard), though I was personally sure he was going nowhere. Well neither is Trippier, that said - I can't see him featuring so much next season, so I was more confident about Ashworth.

Edited by Irish Magpie

The Bayern president confirmed they are looking at two right backs to it all tally’s up. 

that being said, they walked away from Palhina in the summer when they couldn’t agree a fee, I expect the same to happen with Trips. The only thing which makes some sense is a decent fee for us but it doesn’t make sense for Bayern given his age. 

So my guess would be we hear noise about this for the rest of the window as Bayern try and force our hands but trips stays. 

It’s fucked, like they’re a hard club to turn down because almost guaranteed success.

But we don’t have to sell, and Trippier may not mind staying either but if that does turn out to be the case, how unsettled is he going to be?

But let’s look at the obvious, no official bids come in for a player unless the back channeling has happened first and a player has indicated they want to go.

Trippier wants out for whatever reason so we should just get on with it. No player is bigger than the club.

But it’s worrying that basically our club captain in all but official title wants out, it raises concerns about how things are going behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

It’s fucked, like they’re a hard club to turn down because almost guaranteed success.

But we don’t have to sell, and Trippier may not mind staying either but if that does turn out to be the case, how unsettled is he going to be?

But let’s look at the obvious, no official bids come in for a player unless the back channeling has happened first and a player has indicated they want to go.

Trippier wants out for whatever reason so we should just get on with it. No player is bigger than the club.

But it’s worrying that basically our club captain in all but official title wants out, it raises concerns about how things are going behind the scenes.

Bayern would be a very, very difficult club to turn down.  The number of clubs who are arguably bigger can be counted on one hand - maybe with a finger or two to spare.

(I do find the German league boring as fuck to watch mind).

I’d have no issue at all with Trippier’s head being turned, especially at his age and given how this season might turn out.  Potentially win a league title and the European Cup, or hope we can put together a run for an FA Cup win and a top seven finish?  No brainer

2 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

Been away all weekend so only just realised the rumoured fee is so low. Anything below £20m can get lost tbh.

Hopefully this pushes their Mukiele deal through.

That’s £8m more than we paid and he’s two years closer to retirement.  We’d be getting just over half that would be my guess

2 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

But it’s worrying that basically our club captain in all but official title wants out, it raises concerns about how things are going behind the scenes at home

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Bayern would be a very, very difficult club to turn down.  The number of clubs who are arguably bigger can be counted on one hand - maybe with a finger or two to spare.

(I do find the German league boring as fuck to watch mind).

I’d have no issue at all with Trippier’s head being turned, especially at his age and given how this season might turn out.  Potentially win a league title and the European Cup, or hope we can put together a run for an FA Cup win and a top seven finish?  No brainer

Just how many fingers have you got per hand? :lol:

6 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

But it's worrying that basically our club captain in all but official title wants out, it raises concerns about how things are going behind the scenes.

More like raising concerns about how things are going behind HIS scenes 🤔

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Potentially win a league title and the European Cup, or hope we can put together a run for an FA Cup win and a top seven finish?  No brainer

He left  consistently top4, Champions League regulars to come to tin pot Toon in a the midst of a relegation battle. 

Edited by Groundhog63

5 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

More like raising concerns about how things are going behind HIS scenes 🤔

He left  consistently top4, Champions League regulars to come to tin pot Toon in a the midst of a relegation battle. 

I’m only suggesting I won’t criticise the bloke if he goes.  I’d rather he stays, but he shouldn’t receive a slagging off if he does go

29 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m only suggesting I won’t criticise the bloke if he goes.  I’d rather he stays, but he shouldn’t receive a slagging off if he does go

Totally agree. It'll all come out in the wash.

Second guessing his situation and/club strategy on the basis of click bait rumours is a way to fill the void, for some tho. 

One of the best players I've seen in B&W, that's for sure. 

7 hours ago, r0cafella said:

The Bayern president confirmed they are looking at two right backs to it all tally’s up. 

that being said, they walked away from Palhina in the summer when they couldn’t agree a fee, I expect the same to happen with Trips. The only thing which makes some sense is a decent fee for us but it doesn’t make sense for Bayern given his age. 

So my guess would be we hear noise about this for the rest of the window as Bayern try and force our hands but trips stays. 

Think they agreed a deal for Paulinha and then Fulham pulled the plug when they didn’t get a replacement 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think they agreed a deal for Paulinha and then Fulham pulled the plug when they didn’t get a replacement 

Fair play, I thought they couldn’t agree the fee. 

I still don’t see how we will be able to agree a fee though, the price we would need would surely be more than they would be willing to pay. 

Edited by r0cafella

6 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

He. Doesn’t. Want. Out.

5 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Totally agree. It'll all come out in the wash.

Second guessing his situation and/club strategy on the basis of click bait rumours is a way to fill the void, for some tho. 

One of the best players I've seen in B&W, that's for sure

IMG_0294.thumb.jpeg.52028e76ef1ae90dd7063a171368e481.jpeg

7 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

This board and indeed our club is blessed to have someone so skilled in the art of Jinx as you, good Doctor. Thank you for subtlety ensuring Tripps stays with us for another 2 years