Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

39 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I take your word for that as never seen them. Still seems funny to me though that he does a positive interview about the trip on our own tv channel, 48 hours after the Trippier one. I am aware his thoughts on the trip when it was first announced and he didn't see too keen. Maybe he's been asked by the owners to do this video going over the positive aspects of the trip. I'll admit I could be going on a wild one, but just seems a bit to non coincidental to me.

Honestly, I think it's just the timing. It's not far away now, so they've got other things happening like Bruno and Murphy commenting on their goals/assists against Spurs in prior matchups, as well.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Joelinton7 said:

Trippier says he’s going nowhere according to this. Can’t read the article so don’t know exact quotes.

Of course he's going nowhere. He's turned into a liability now, nobody would want him.

5 hours ago, BermyToon said:

Of course he's going nowhere. He's turned into a liability now, nobody would want him.

I'd like to think this is a joke, but even if it actually is, this sort of bullshit needs to stop. Trippier has been one of the most transformative signings in our recent history, and in 33 years of watching NUFC he's comfortably in the top 5 players I've seen play for us.

A leader without even being club captain, a genuine bloke with ambition, he has epitomised everything the club wasn't under Ashley. 

Did he have a few games when he was below his usual standards? No doubt. Is he still a critical part of the club? Absolutely. He's de facto club captain and I love the guy.

Literally the best right-back I’ve ever seen play for us and it’s not even close. Only a few months ago he was rightly being argued as being the best right-back in a league with the best right-backs in the world.

3 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

I'd like to think this is a joke, but even if it actually is, this sort of bullshit needs to stop. Trippier has been one of the most transformative signings in our recent history, and in 33 years of watching NUFC he's comfortably in the top 5 players I've seen play for us.

A leader without even being club captain, a genuine bloke with ambition, he has epitomised everything the club wasn't under Ashley. 

Did he have a few games when he was below his usual standards? No doubt. Is he still a critical part of the club? Absolutely. He's de facto club captain and I love the guy.

Excited Lets Go GIF

He was world-class and decided to join a nigh-on relegated club in January, taking a pay-cut. Saved us, was a great leader and played a massive part in getting us into the UCL

Yes he’s had a wobbly few months but it sucks that fans scream for players like Bruno etc. to show us some loyalty yet the moment a player falters a little bit we’re so quick to try to bury them and move on. Despite his age, he’s still got so much to offer us imo.

Am pretty sure his stats at the start of the season were the best in Europe for a RB. That seems to get forgotten.

1 hour ago, Pearljam10 said:

No pictures of Trippier with the new kit. He has probably played his last game for Newcastle

Probably is a bit strong, but it's striking that out of our most marketable and mainstream players, we've stuck to using the ones with the most secure futures i.e. no Tripps, Miggy, Wilson, Longstaff etc.

Bruno's the only real exception to that, but I'd say they've soft peddled him too - in another world I think they'd have had his Dad driving a taxi in that video or something...

Just now, 80 said:

Probably is a bit strong, but it's striking that out of our most marketable and mainstream players, we've stuck to using the ones with the most secure futures i.e. no Tripps, Miggy, Wilson, Longstaff etc.

Bruno's the only real exception to that, but I'd say they've soft peddled him too - in another world I think they'd have had his Dad driving a taxi in that video or something...

Seen a picture of miggy in the home kit on X earlier 

My son plays Roblox with Trippier's son. He said he's sad as he's going to have to move very far away to a place with poor internet. Could be they're moving to Seaton Sluice or Saudi Arabia. 

1 minute ago, Weznufc said:

Seen a picture of miggy in the home kit on X earlier 

Yeah, they've got him on the shop website. But given his popularity you'd have imagined he might have made the video. On its own it's not too shocking, but combined with the others it looks like a pattern.

It's a fairly sensible move to be fair - it would be gutting to have a video like that be totally out of date within 6 weeks.

17 minutes ago, 80 said:

Yeah, they've got him on the shop website. But given his popularity you'd have imagined he might have made the video. On its own it's not too shocking, but combined with the others it looks like a pattern.

It's a fairly sensible move to be fair - it would be gutting to have a video like that be totally out of date within 6 weeks.

Bruno’s IN the video :celb:

From a practical point of view, he ought to be moved on. We'll get a few bob him before his legs go and Ritchie can do the pep talks. All the best managers are ruthless. Me though, I'm a romantic. Give him a new 6 year deal and rename the shack 'The Tripp Stop'.