Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

Huge blow but I’ve faith in howe, burn target & Bruno. We’ll get more wins and draws and Those 9 points are huge and gave us a massive chance of staying up and really kicking on next season. 

Just now, gdm said:

Huge blow but I’ve faith in howe, burn target & Bruno. We’ll get more wins and draws and Those 9 points are huge and gave us a massive chance of staying up and really kicking on next season. 

Canny mental back 4 that.

Perhaps we can go towards this:

Schar Lascelles Burn 

Murphy                          Targett

Bruno Joe

Willock ASM

Wood

Basically 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 

I know Targett is more defensive but can see that working - better than the likes of Kraft who is terrible in both a back 4 and a 5 

There's no-one really else that can fit there. Manquillo would have been a great like-for-like with minimum disruption so it's sod's law both went off. 

15 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Seen this asked several times and still not seen an answer yet :lol:

:mystery:

So who we think will fill in at Right back as Ritchie out long term. Krafth? 

I definitely saw a lttle hobble by Tripps in 1st half injury time. I saw him hobbling in his right back position when the ball was being played on the left hand side of the pitch. I saw it but as he continued to play on, I was relieved. If anyone can have a look back at it, I'm sure there was a tangle of sorts for the ball that he was involved with a Villa player and another one of ours. I might be wrong. Injury time 1st half.

Edited by nufcjb

1 minute ago, kingxlnc said:

Perhaps we can go towards this:

Schar Lascelles Burn 

Murphy                          Targett

Bruno Joe

Willock ASM

Wood

Basically 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 

I know Targett is more defensive but can see that working - better than the likes of Kraft who is terrible in both a back 4 and a 5 

There's no-one really else that can fit there. Manquillo would have been a great like-for-like with minimum disruption so it's sod's law both went off. 

Actually like the look of that more than having to play Krafth

Huge blow which is only worsened by the fact that instead of going from Trippier to Manquillo we're likely to go from Trippier to Krafth.

Don't get the calls from people calling for a change in formation off the back of this though. The 433 works because it allows Joelinton to cover ASM's workload.

Murphy cannot defend and not sure Targett would offer enough going forward as a wing back.

We just need to stick with our current set up and go with Krafth. The defence gets good protection with our current formation and allows us to press aggressively.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

2 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

I wonder if Fraser's work rate etc can allow him to play RB, and in front of him have Almiron who's also very hard working. 

Basically trying to think of any and all scenarios which would enable us to NOT use Krafth

I'd rather Murphy play there than Fraser.

Guest neesy111

Krath has been better recently.  Although he got lucky with the disallowed goal as it all came from a dreadful pass by him straight to villa.

Edited by neesy111

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Hate to be overly negative on this but the average healing time for "full" recovery is 3 to 5 months. Because it's so easy to re-fracture there's no way he'll be rushed back. Potential career ender if it re-fractures.

I was back playing after 2 months and bossing it in every game I played afterwards!

21 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Nah, Scotchy lads don’t fanny on with operations man, they’re for the soft cunts. 

It was a fracture, I got a moon boot which I wore for 8 weeks, it then kind of healed, but if I get a kick or a stamp on it again, it will break and again today it’s still sore my foot if say I press on that area.

Just realised I’ve had a broken ankle, a broken arm, a broken finger and fractured metatarsal, 2 of those from playing football!

He'll have a compression screw inserted I guess. Don't think they bother doing that for non-athletes :razz:

Just now, Shearergol said:

He'll have a compression screw inserted I guess. Don't think they bother doing that for non-athletes :razz:

They only do it for soft cunts, Trippier will be back next week probably, dunno why people are wetting their Y-fronts…