Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

9 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Class again today. First signing of the new era and what a fucking signing he’s been. Absolute class, gutted he’s 33.

Livramento is in king position. Learning his trade from on of the best in the league and reaping the rewards of being young enough to enjoy the major success coming. 

He's an all time great for this football club which is mad considering how long he's been here.

Mad when I think about how 5 years ago everyone including me was incredulous over him, a mistake-probe Spurs RB starting at LB for the World Cup 2018 opener. 90 minutes later he was MOTM, 5 years later he's the best right back I've ever seen at Newcastle and one of if not THE best captains we've had. These little stories within football are one of the things that make it worth sticking with. 

I got high last night and convinced myself that tripper might be the perfect footballer. 

He is consistently great in games, top skill level, works hard, team player and his leadership off and on the pitch is perfect. 

1 hour ago, dave s said:

was he as influential in other teams as he has been for us? I know he’s always been an excellent player, but can’t say i’d followed his club career closely until we signed him 

I don't think Spurs fans were too disappointed to see him leave. He was a bit up and down for them. Simeone is the one that moved him to the next level and Howe allowed him to grow into his influencer role from day one. I believe trips  was the main drive behind our  up turn in form. I still remember him forcing the players to go over and applaud the fans. Maybe he always had it in him, but managers have to trust the player and let them express that leadership qaulilty. I fully expect him to remain involved with the coaching side at Newcastle after he retires.

Bloody hell, what a fantastic player he is. I sometimes take him for granted given he’s such a consistently great player but we’re going to miss him in a few years, even accounting for the fact that Tino is clearly going to be a ridiculously good player too, just in a different way 

Looking at their playing styles, Hall seems like he’ll be the long term successor to Tripps in terms of being an excellent passing chance-creation fullback. Tino looks like he’ll dribble and put crosses in, but Hall’s got the first-time passing and touch that Tripps has. I hi I Tino gives us what Burn isnt, just on the other side of the pitch

10 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Best signing Howe will ever make. When does 12m buy you

1. A great defender

2. A great leader

3. A set piece taker 

4. A player with an absolute ton of experience in the premier league, Europe and international level. 

I've said it before, he's the best signing the club has made since.the takeover. I'd say, in the circumstances we were in and how we have gone on since then, he is the most important signing we have had in the past 13 years especially after the Ashley years.

So much game awareness in him - his hand was up to appeal for a handball (just in case, you know), whilst dispossessing Ramsey and popping the ball just right for Miggy to go on the attack. He had all his bases covered.

51 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

I've said it before, he's the best signing the club has made since.the takeover. I'd say, in the circumstances we were in and how we have gone on since then, he is the most important signing we have had in the past 13 years especially after the Ashley years.

Totally agree. He's what Bobby would describe as a blue chip signing. 

Wor kid turned to me when he first signed and said the best word to describe him was tenacious......and thats rubbed off on the rest of the team. Results like 0-0 at arsenal was a trippier led performance, games we would normally get tanked 3 nowt. Inspirational 

a cut above any others we’ve had at right back over the years, that’s for sure. 

trying to rack my brains if any ever came close? we’ve had some shite.. stephen carr, griffin, janmatt, yedlin. 

only one that became a cult hero was ryan taylor that i can recall 🤣

Debuchy the best I've seen here at RB prior to Trippier, added further steel and a touch of class to a chronically mismanaged team. Trippier is on another level though - one of very few players who can genuinely be called transformative in the fullest sense of the word. 

It's not an ability thing either. Trippier is miles clear on that front alone anyway, but even if Beye, Debuchy, Watson etc were better players than Trippier, they'd still have to be 10x better than him to make up for what he brings in mental strength, attitude and leadership. 

Remember he only actually played 4 games the season he arrived before getting injured!! In those 4 games we almost doubled our points tally that had been accumulated across the whole first half of the season. Huge few games. (Watford D, Leeds W, Everton W, Villa W).

Made a huge impact in that short time then travelled with the squad on crutches.

On 30/09/2023 at 22:33, Dokko said:

Livramento is in king position. Learning his trade from on of the best in the league and reaping the rewards of being young enough to enjoy the major success coming. 

This triggers my NUFC superstitious thinking. ‘There’s many a slip twixt cup and lip’.  Did Shearer not make a similar comment (to yours, not mine) when an aging player?