Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Some random Turkish team want us to pay up tripps contract so they can have him. 

That should now be the strategy for when we try to buy players 

Just now, Mikky said:

That should now be the strategy for when we try to buy players 

Im not sure if Palace would be too happy paying up Guehis contract for him to join us on a free

8 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Im not sure if Palace would be too happy paying up Guehis contract for him to join us on a free

Beats making 4/5 bids 

As much as I love Bruno being a passionate captain, today was a day we needed some calm, experienced heads when we had our backs against the wall and trying to ride the pressure. I understand Tino should be ahead of him and Tino did very well today, but Trippier's leadership would have calmed our nerves. Really hope no Turkish or whatever other club try sign him. We still need him at times like today.

I actually think whatever has gone on behind the sences with trips has had a big impact on our season.

There is no way he goes from been captain to a sub without pissing Eddie off.

The result of this is that Bruno is now captain but the team don't know how to respond to that as both Bruno and Tripps are very popular and no-one looks to want to look like they are taking sides.

I miss crazy cheerleading, fist pumping Bruno, he did a great job walking the yellow card tightrope last season and matured as a player and now he needs to get his head around been captain, he will get there but I get the impression he is playing within himself as a result.

I'm rambling a bit but the summary for me is tripps has fucked up and it has had an impact on the team unity.

I've seen nothing from Trippier that suggests he will be anything other than professional about his situation. I don't think he will be happy but he won't cause disruption.

I think there has been a misjudgement of what's go on. He didn't ask to leave because he lost the captaincy or his place in the side. He lost his place in the side and the captaincy because he wanted to leave in January.... and Tino Livramento is class. 

If he kicks up a stink and stops performing, his options for leaving only get worse. I can absolutely see him leaving in January... injuries permitting.

4 hours ago, nufcjb said:

As much as I love Bruno being a passionate captain, today was a day we needed some calm, experienced heads when we had our backs against the wall and trying to ride the pressure. I understand Tino should be ahead of him and Tino did very well today, but Trippier's leadership would have calmed our nerves. Really hope no Turkish or whatever other club try sign him. We still need him at times like today.

Could have been worse. 

Everton for example...

At this stage there is absolutely zero value to us in selling him compared to what we get from him. The only time that it would have made sense was in January. Hopefully he can get himself into the best place mentally and contribute massively to our season

2 hours ago, Displayname said:

It was weird not seeing him come on today, something must be going on behind the scenes?

We saw last season that he absolutely can’t deal with 2/3 games in a week.

It seems weird how much of a drop in form Trippier had over the last year or so. It's not like it was just a blip, basically all last season the set piece threat disappeared, and while he's still a good player, he basically made our right side tick in his previous two seasons. Even without the goals a lot of our great football came from his side.

I don't think there's any serious rupture in his relationship with Howe. Just have to see how Eddie and Tindall spoke about him in that recent video they did - both named him as their player most likely to be a good manager. 

He's just getting on, in a difficult personal situation that's affected his form, and is one of the few players we could actually sell for money. So they made a solid decision with a view to the future. Not an easy one, but probably the right one.