Kieran Trippier: sidelined until late April (Hope)

Yorkie

14 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Some good analysis by Sky. 2nd goal we've conceded that he's lost his man on the far post.

Haven’t watched the analysis but is that a little unfair? He didn’t lose him, as in he didn’t know where he was. Just when the ball fell to Paqueta (whose 1st touch was good) Trippier closed him down but unfortunately the ball went through him.

Maybe I’m defending Trippier too much but I did think there was a strong element of luck about their goal.

21 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Haven’t watched the analysis but is that a little unfair? He didn’t lose him, as in he didn’t know where he was. Just when the ball fell to Paqueta (whose 1st touch was good) Trippier closed him down but unfortunately the ball went through him.

Maybe I’m defending Trippier too much but I did think there was a strong element of luck about their goal.

The goal conceded at Spurs is practically identical. Joelinton doesn’t win it at the near post, man on the far post gets away from Trippier. 

Is it a major problem? No. It’s only happened twice but it’s something to note for sure right? Probably something EH will want to be sure doesn’t become a pattern. He wouldn’t chalk it up to luck and do nothing about it imo. 

Poor on set pieces again. We need someone else taking them right now, even just to give the opposition something to think about instead of the same shit that isn't working every single time.

Great goal line save.

Will kop flack for the goals but the first goal is just bad team play. ASM/Anderson left space for TAA to drift into under no pressure, followed up by bad communication and positioning between Tripps and Schar.

Second goal was kinda similar. ASM drops off Salah, lack of communication in the backline. What a ball by Salah though.

1 hour ago, Myleftboot said:

Love him to bits but he played them on twice.

And passed it straight to their keeper which then caused the Pope red, I get a fair bit happened after it but still his set pieces have largely been disappointing 

His form is definitely tailing off, just hope he can really step up for the final

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

intensity is our identity and unfortunately its catching up with a few of them.

A mate at work who is a Leeds fan who I get on really well with had many good things to say about Newcastle. He mentioned that a high press all game is great and really works well but takes it's toll. 

Just now, McDog said:

A mate at work who is a Leeds fan who I get on really well with had many good things to say about Newcastle. He mentioned that a high press all game is great and really works well but takes it's toll. 

yeah remember that leeds team falling away in the second half of the season.

but they were far more intense with the press than we have been.

I can't work out that performance. I'd rely on him for most things more than any other player. He's the best right back I've ever seen at Newcastle.

Then he goes and 1) plays them onside for both goals and 2) wastes his time and energy shouting for a handball and offside when VAR exists and he could attempt a recovery challenge.

He'll know this himself, it's just surprising.

I feel like the mistakes we're seeing is at least partially down to tiredness; probably even mentally more than physically. We just weren't seeing the goalie/defender making the recent errors earlier in the season; likewise the attackers weren't fluffing their lines like they are now. 

It's been a seriously intense season so far, with five of our first-teamers being at the World Cup as well. I bet it feels like an eternity since Forest for lots of the players. 

I know you can’t legislate for the chaos that followed. But even for the red card. It was an absolutely awful free kick that was just asking for Alisson to come and get it. That gave them a chance for that direct counter. Which is often a part of their game with Salah. 

I feel he was slightly more at fault than Schar for both goals. But everyone has an off day.