Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

17 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Bruno’s IN the video :celb:

Definitely better off looking on the sunny side of that one. Would've been devastating if he wasn't in :lol:

1 minute ago, Monkey Alan said:

From a practical point of view, he ought to be moved on. We'll get a few bob him before his legs go and Ritchie can do the pep talks. All the best managers are ruthless. Me though, I'm a romantic. Give him a new 6 year deal and rename the shack 'The Tripp Stop'. 

Ritchie?

Richy the groundsman?

42 minutes ago, OCK said:

My son plays Roblox with Trippier's son. He said he's sad as he's going to have to move very far away to a place with poor internet. Could be they're moving to Seaton Sluice or Saudi Arabia. 

image.thumb.png.2530a25d82338c258bf1c99e61996e8e.png

They'll be fine

He should go nowhere this summer. Still the most important player off the field. On field Howe just needs to let him to focus more on the defensive game, and let others handle most of the attacking. There will need to be a shift in mindset. It should not be that he makes most assist and is sometimes a liability in defence. It wont work next season.

23 hours ago, OCK said:

Ah good, glad they can still play Roblox together.

Trippier has just bought a house on the outskirts of Morpeth to be fair, could be shite in the countryside

I've heard his locker has been cleared out and he is off to Saudi. He never appeared in any of the promotion pictures for the new kit, strange when you are club captain, and I believe bringing his son on whilst captaining England was his farewell. If so, good luck and thank you. If not, he has one last season at the top. Nothing but admiration for him as a player.

28 minutes ago, LALASAM said:

I've heard his locker has been cleared out and he is off to Saudi. He never appeared in any of the promotion pictures for the new kit, strange when you are club captain, and I believe bringing his son on whilst captaining England was his farewell. If so, good luck and thank you. If not, he has one last season at the top. Nothing but admiration for him as a player.

Technically Lascelles is captain.

3 hours ago, LALASAM said:

He might just not been available. It appears the video was filmed when he was out injured. He may have been away getting treatment. Didn’t he fly to Dubai at one point? 

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

He might just not been available. It appears the video was filmed when he was out injured. He may have been away getting treatment. Didn’t he fly to Dubai at one point? 

This. 

lascelles. Pope. Livramento. Wilson. Tonali. Botman. Weren’t in the videos either.    They clearly just picked a few who were available at the time. 

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

You're right, although I would imagine they'd work around the schedules of any key players they were determined to have included. You'd have thought being injured he'd have been more available for a shoot than most.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

You're right, although I would imagine they'd work around the schedules of any key players they were determined to have included. You'd have thought being injured he'd have been more available for a shoot than most.

Depends as I said I’m sure he went to Dubai for some treatment/warm weather training if it was filmed then (can’t be bothered checking) then he’s obviously not going to be around to film 

2 minutes ago, Chris L said:

This. 

lascelles. Pope. Livramento. Wilson. Tonali. Botman. Weren’t in the videos either.    They clearly just picked a few who were available at the time. 

Arguably only Livramento and Botman had secure futures here at the time (Re: Tonali, I'm not sure if filming was done before the FA announced they were giving him a suspended sentence for the extra gambling).

Posted (edited)

Fuck it I just looked. It appears to have been filmed between the Sheffield United game and Burnley game so somewhere between 28th April and 4th May. Trippier was reportedly in Dubai from 29th April. So I think it’s fair to assume Trippier was in Dubai when it was filmed

just call me GDM Holmes 

Edited by gdm

12 minutes ago, gdm said:

Fuck it I just looked. It appears to have been filmed between the Sheffield United game and Burnley game so somewhere between 28th April and 4th May. Trippier was reportedly in Dubai from 29th April. So I think it’s fair to assume Trippier was in Dubai when it was filmed

just call me GDM Holmes 

Top sleuthing.

On a side note, that would've (pretty much) been before the Tonali decision came through, then (2nd May).

Something off with him man. That overlap interview he didn’t mention a single thing about us and he’s said stuff about us before in same situations. 

Edited by Kanji

39 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Something off with him man. That overlap interview he didn’t mention a single thing about us and he’s said stuff about us before in same situations. 

It's all been quite strange since Bournemouth away.

On 08/06/2024 at 19:06, gdm said:

just call me GDM Holmes 

Wonder if The Overlap thing was filmed on 5th May, as he was also in DiMeo's down there (Overlap filmed in Spanish City) seemingly on same day?

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=942167787911820&set=a.139683341493606

34 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

Part 2 of the interview, I guess. Now with more Newcastle talk. More of what we already knew though

He says "you don't play for money it is the pure enjoyment of playing football". - He isn't going anywhere.

15 minutes ago, duo said:

He says "you don't play for money it is the pure enjoyment of playing football". - He isn't going anywhere.

...Unless there's something he's not enjoying here? 

As I've said before, I haven't really got a dog in this fight. Something seems to be wrong, I don't know why, I hope that if there is it gets better soon. If it does and he stays and ultimately becomes a coach then great, if we sell him to Saudi then that's cool too. Just hope there isn't any outstanding bad feeling for whatever strange reason.

58 minutes ago, 80 said:

...Unless there's something he's not enjoying here? 

As I've said before, I haven't really got a dog in this fight. Something seems to be wrong, I don't know why, I hope that if there is it gets better soon. If it does and he stays and ultimately becomes a coach then great, if we sell him to Saudi then that's cool too. Just hope there isn't any outstanding bad feeling for whatever strange reason.

Im going to be really honest with myself about him too — I was enamored by his professionalism, leadership and football ability when he joined and then further last two seasons. Up until the howler and the form drop I’d argue with anyone he was within a shout as top 5 RB in football. Then the form drop and subsequent feeling that he’s been strangely aloof and disinterested. I assume I’m looking far too into things. 

Ultimately I want what’s best for NUFC, and I’d love for him to finish his career here if he’s all-in and continues to be a mentor to Tino and the lads. I mean, this is the guy who came in to welcome Tonali last summer when he signed. There’s just something different and larger than life about him when he’s seemed bought in.