Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Maybe he’s angling for a move? 

I don't think so. Just think he's more bothered about his England place than NUFC right now, same as Wilson. Priorities bro.

5 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Priorities wrong bro [emoji38]

From a Newcastle fan it might have cost us a place in Europe, so just a bit yeah. :lol:

I'm a bit torn on those comments. 

Obviously the trip is to raise money to pay the wages of him and his teammates, as well as pay for reinforcements, he's paid an absolute fortune to play football so maybe he should just shut his trap and play football. 

On the other hand, it probably isn't ideal tagging another two games onto what has been a pretty grueling season, especially after a pre-season tour which has been given some of the blame for our pile-up of injuries. Playing in London on Sunday, then two games in three days in Australia, then three weeks later you're in Germany for potentially another month, then two weeks later you're in Japan. 

Posted (edited)

I love Trippier - best RB I’ve seen at NUFC by a mile - but those comments aren’t the best especially with his form most of this season - I really hope he doesn’t leave under a black cloud but I’m certain he’s gone in the summer 

Edited by Paully

57 minutes ago, Decky said:

The people paying big money to have two PL teams come out won't be happy with our reserves, they want to see our best. 

They’re paying to see an end of season friendly with a bunch of players playing with severe jet lag - anyone thinking they’re paying to see quality is already a dafty.  Wouldn’t worry about it.

Am always surprised at how quickly a subset of fans turn on players. Even Trippier isn’t safe!

Hes not match fit, but had to start yesterday as Tino was injured.

And considering the injuries the squad has had this year does anyone seriously think a trip to Australia is going to be helpful to next season? It won’t just be the national teams that suffer, it’ll be the league campaign in December when Trippier, Gordon and whoever else goes to the euros is gasping. The club needs to make money but there’s a good reason nobody usually goes on post season tours.

All part of the gig and they are well compensated for it.

Don't really have time for these sorts of complaints really.

1 minute ago, WilliamPS said:

Am always surprised at how quickly a subset of fans turn on players. Even Trippier isn’t safe!

Hes not match fit, but had to start yesterday as Tino was injured.

And considering the injuries the squad has had this year does anyone seriously think a trip to Australia is going to be helpful to next season? It won’t just be the national teams that suffer, it’ll be the league campaign in December when Trippier, Gordon and whoever else goes to the euros is gasping. The club needs to make money but there’s a good reason nobody usually goes on post season tours.

Personally, I think the trip is a terrible idea.  It’s not even like it is worth it to tap into a ‘new market’ - Australia’s population is small, and has generally little interest in football - and those who do already have a team.  The timing is awful, and does no-one any favours.  Even a full MCG isn’t making us huge money once it’s divvied up.  

Also it’s not ‘disloyal’ for him to speak up, he’s a (the?) senior pro and basically the captain- it’s part of his role for him to speak up for the players and squad

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, KaKa said:

All part of the gig and they are well compensated for it.

Don't really have time for these sorts of complaints really.

The thing that always gets forgotten in these points is that they're elite sportspeople, playing competitively at a level where every little advantage counts. If you're flying for 25 hours there, 25 hours back you're automatically at a disadvantage vs players who haven't done that, regardless of their level of quality. Your advantage is being needlessly compromised for a marketing campaign.

The morality over how they're compensated is irrelevant really as it has nothing to do with the basis of the complaint. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The thing that always gets forgotten in these points is that they're elite sportspeople, playing competitively at a level where every advantage counts. If you're flying for 25 hours there, 25 hours back you're automatically at a disadvantage vs players who haven't, regardless of their level.

The morality over how they're compensated is irrelevant really as it had nothing to do with the basis of the complaint. 

The club have taken all that into account and have made the decision.

It's a set of showcase friendlies at the end of the season with nothing at stake, and not a set of competitive matches. I doubt there will be any rigorous training sessions during the trip, and imagine it will all be pretty relaxed.

It's a part of the modern game for these clubs. A big part of the reason being salaries continue to rise and rise.

If the choice is made to be a pro footballer then this is just something you're going to have to manage, unless things change and clubs decide against it.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

It's a set of showcase friendlies at the end of the season with nothing at stake, and not a set of competitive matches. I doubt there will be any rigorous training sessions during the trip, and imagine it will all be pretty relaxed.

It's a part of the modern game for these clubs. A big part of the reason being salaries continue to rise and rise.

If the choice is made to be a pro footballer then this is just something you're going to have to manage, unless things change and clubs decide against it.

So was his rehab in Dubai for us or England. All that travelling and all! 

29 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Also it’s not ‘disloyal’ for him to speak up, he’s a (the?) senior pro and basically the captain- it’s part of his role for him to speak up for the players and squad

yjZaEGkOSG6r.gif

Sack Tripps for being unloyal, disloyal. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think you're presenting this as the norm when it's anything but. I've never known these tournaments happen at the end of a season, ever, always pre-season.

And it's not just Trippier up in arms about it, if you watched Howe's pre-Man United presser he made it obvious in Howe's own typical style that he wasn't happy about it either.

If the complaint was "we don't get paid enough to do this" I'd be agreeing with you, but the complaint is because they care about the negative effect it'll have on them being able to do their job to the maximum, which is the sort of professionalism I want from them.

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think you're presenting this as the norm when it's anything but. I've never known these tournaments happen at the end of a season, ever, always pre-season.

And it's not just Trippier up in arms about it, if you watched Howe's pre-Man United presser he made it obvious in Howe's own typical style that he wasn't happy about it either.

If the complaint was "we don't get paid enough to do this" I'd be agreeing with you, but the complaint is because they care about the negative effect it'll have on them being able to do their job to the maximum, which is the sort of professionalism I want from them.

I would think the hierarchy will be well aware of all this, but maybe it's just a part of trying to close the gap with the cartel clubs. We are on a massive growth drive, I assume trips like these are all part of it. Players won't love it for whatever reason, but players will come and go.

I don’t think anyone is expecting us and spurs to go all out next week. It’s just going to be a kick around isn’t it?

I know it’s been a long season, but complaining about getting flown to Australia for a week in order to grow our club doesn’t sit well with me.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The thing that always gets forgotten in these points is that they're elite sportspeople, playing competitively at a level where every little advantage counts. If you're flying for 25 hours there, 25 hours back you're automatically at a disadvantage vs players who haven't done that, regardless of their level of quality. Your advantage is being needlessly compromised for a marketing campaign.

The morality over how they're compensated is irrelevant really as it has nothing to do with the basis of the complaint. 

To be fair they’re not going to slum it in economy, they’ll be waiting in private lounges, sped through security checks, and chauffeured in luxury coaches. South American/African/Asian players plying their trade in Europe make long journeys for continental championships like the Copa America and they can perform.

edit: I’m aware Australia is one of the longest flights but the general point stands.

Edited by SAK

His comments are absolutely fine ffs ?? some absolute fannies in here.

’it’s not ideal’ is literally what every single person on here and even Eddie himself had said. 

He also said ‘it will be good when we’re there’ , ‘understand why the club is doing it’ , ‘I’ve done it before with Spurs and Athletico’ . He’s literally saying it’s just not ideal giving the Euros is straight after and seemingly joking about it given he mentions Benidorm. Get a grip ffs 

He’s made some howlers this season for sure but he’s also the glue that was keeping the side together.

I think he’s realising that he’s not needed nearly as badly as he was before and the football player brain inside him is not happy at all about it.

On current form there’s no way he’s getting in ahead of Walker or any number of young uns coming through.

Whatever shit has been going on, maybe problems at home and maybe a messy divorce coming up. He’s not helped himself there.

I don’t think he’s lost a step or anything, all his errors have been a lapse in concentration, things he should be so much better at.

I would personally not sell Trippier. We would have to replace him (can't have Krafth as backup right back all season) and Tino does seem to pick up a few injuries himself so we need two strong options at right back.

However, in a parallel world where we actually have a full squad to choose from, I do now think that Tino should be first choice right back and set pieces should be spread out throughout the team. Gordon, Hall and Tonali are all good set piece takers. 

9 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

His comments are absolutely fine ffs ?? some absolute fannies in here.

’it’s not ideal’ is literally what every single person on here and even Eddie himself had said. 

He also said ‘it will be good when we’re there’ , ‘understand why the club is doing it’ , ‘I’ve done it before with Spurs and Athletico’ . He’s literally saying it’s just not ideal giving the Euros is straight after and seemingly joking about it given he mentions Benidorm. Get a grip ffs 

All about the context. Now what you’ve shared his other comments, he not only looks reasonable but he’s saying ‘it will be good when we’re there’. 

now I’m furious he’s said ‘it will be good when we’re there’. Clearly he’s going for a holiday and to enjoy himself. Doesn’t he know he’s on a work trip. Ffs. Get the guy out, all he cares about is this Australia trip! 

Reading the full quotes, it looks like a lot of people have been suckered by Craig Hope spin here. It's pretty clear he's just having a chat and Hope is trying to blow it up to the maximum. He's said nothing more dramatic than Howe has about the same trip. There's really no need to talk about him leaving under a cloud...